Anime and Manga disscussion

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
goji89
Sazer

Re: Anime and Manga disscussion

Post by goji89 »

Ivo-goji wrote:Well, when it comes to Dragon Ball, the English version is the only version to me because Goku is voiced by a man there.
Nani? Is that better that Goku was voiced by a man for you or that its all you know from that time?

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

It's not so much Goku being voiced by a man as it is just being voiced by someone other than his Japanese VA.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Started Season 3 and currently on episode 45. Ended on a good cliffhanger. Will the heroes be able to save Bakugou and Tsukuyomi? I'll find out next episode!

Getting good! Every episode gets even better and the first episode for Season 3 was a rather good one for a filler. :)

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Anybody watching Goblin Slayer? The pilot episode was metal as fuck.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

2004Zilla wrote:Anybody watching Goblin Slayer? The pilot episode was metal as fuck.
Yo my man, right here. Haven't red the manga, but I've known of it for a while. Watched some clips of the good stuff from episode 1 and then all of episode 2, I'm hooked.

I love that the world is treated like a RPG fantasy game. With no one having names, just classes and titles, people needing XP to do quests, etc. Japan has the biggest boner for medieval fantasy.

Speaking of Goku's Japanese VA, I've always wondered. When our beloved Masako Nazawa passes away, do you think they'll try and find another VA that can replicate her voice, or take it in a new direction?
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Rica Matsumoto would be a good Goku.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

Fellas, I need some advice: I'm watching Soul Eater right now on Netflix, and I just finished 12 so far I have some mixed feelings about the show. I like the show's art style, the action's cool, animation's nice, some of the characters are quite interesting (I might have a thing for Medusa...), and I'd like to see where the story goes. But I also find the fanservice obnoxious, some of the characters are one-dimensional at best and annoying at worst (I might wanna' strangle Black*Star...); I'm watching in English, too, and although the dubbing is decent for the most part, some of them feel pretty stiff (Dr. Stein and Eruka stand out).

So, what I'm asking is what should I do? Should I keep watching it? Should I switch to Japanese? Or should I just find another anime? (I've had my eye on Gurren Lagann for some time and I'm thinking now might be the time.)
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

I was about to say "it's not that long so just finish watching it" but then I realized it's actually 51 episodes long. I guess that is a commitment.

It's a pretty good anime, my favorite show when it originally aired and one of my top ten for the longest time, so I definitely recommend it. Don't know if I want to say it gets better later on, since to me it ended too early; you might want to read the manga instead since that's where the full story is.
Resized Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Finally went ahead and started The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya a little while ago. The first episode was a little on the fast-paced, intense side for me, but then there was a lot to establish, and that seems to be Haruhi's personality, so I guess it works. It's entertaining, anyway. I laughed a lot, and the characters have a lot of potential. The literature club girl is probably my favorite so far; she reminds me entirely too much of myself when I was in school. :lol:
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

JAGzilla wrote:Finally went ahead and started The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya a little while ago. The first episode was a little on the fast-paced, intense side for me, but then there was a lot to establish, and that seems to be Haruhi's personality, so I guess it works. It's entertaining, anyway. I laughed a lot, and the characters have a lot of potential. The literature club girl is probably my favorite so far; she reminds me entirely too much of myself when I was in school. :lol:
Just wait till you get to the movie. ;)
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Funimation has sought not to renew its deal with Crunchyroll.

https://variety.com/2018/digital/news/f ... 84211/amp/
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

Ivo-goji wrote:I was about to say "it's not that long so just finish watching it" but then I realized it's actually 51 episodes long. I guess that is a commitment.

It's a pretty good anime, my favorite show when it originally aired and one of my top ten for the longest time, so I definitely recommend it. Don't know if I want to say it gets better later on, since to me it ended too early; you might want to read the manga instead since that's where the full story is.
Thanks, Ivo-goji!
I've decided that I'll take your word for it and see the whole thing through. Now that I made it through the first quarter and I'd really like to see what happens next!
I tried reading the manga first, actually, but the fanservice was making me uncomfortable. However, if I don't like the TV ending, I now know where to find another one. So, thanks for that heads-up too!
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

I've also started watching Attack on Titan recently after being indifferent for so long. I guess watching clips on my YouTube feed finally got me interested.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:I've also watching Attack on Titan recently after being indifferent for so long. I guess watching clips on my YouTube feed finally got me interested.
The story for AOT gets really good in season 3.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Guys recommend any animes to watch? I've caught up to My Hero Academia and want to keep myself busy until more English dubbed episodes are produced.

I already got a few in mind.

-Bleach
-Hellsing
-Saint Seiya
-YuYu Hakusho

Gotta get back to watching Attack on Titan, Pre-Shippuden Naruto and Soul Eater as well. Can't remember where I left off with the last two but Soul Eater I should get an idea since I was a few episodes away from the final episode.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Guys recommend any animes to watch? I've caught up to My Hero Academia and want to keep myself busy until more English dubbed episodes are produced.
I just started watching Hyouka. I'm four episodes in and really liking it so far. The animation is excellent, as expected from Kyoto Animation, and the way the characters work off each other and solve the various puzzles/mysteries is very fascinating.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

For Halloween everyone should watch Ghost Stories. Specifically the English dub and not because it's scary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEdzuR6ng1I

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

I actually discovered a manga called Embalming: Another Tale of Frankenstein while looking for Halloween related media recently. It looks extremely cool.

I might also have time to binge Ghost Stories after I've moved in to my new apartment.
Resized Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

There might be a live-action My Hero Academia movie in the works.

https://variety.com/2018/film/asia/my-h ... 202992783/

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:There might be a live-action My Hero Academia movie in the works.

https://variety.com/2018/film/asia/my-h ... 202992783/
https://youtu.be/8GUelnGjxQI
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"