Anime and Manga disscussion

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Anime and Manga disscussion

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Just started looking around for episodes of Revolutionary Girl Utena, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. All the anime places I've checked, it's been yanked off, and Youtube doesn't have the episodes I'm looking for... This is gonig to be a long search...
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

alienhulk2099 wrote:
I have been watching some episodes of GaoGaiGar, and I like it so far.
Episode 30 is epic, all I'm gonna say.
The whole damn series is pretty epic because its absolutely ridiculous and makes no effing sense.
bleep bloop

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I have Genocyber on VHS. I dont even know if it ever got a R1 DVD release. I remember in the early 90's when there were a few Anime's that got early releases (so expensive like $30.00 for only 2 1/2 hour episodes) I remember Appleseed (the original), Gunbuster, the original Dangaioh (not that hacked up US DVD version). I am so glad I was able to rent & dupe them all since most have nothad a legit DVD release.

Oh yeah, and I totaly agree with AH that Giant Robo had a ton of "???" moments, but still fun to watch, I heard there was a new Giant Robo 13 episode series in 2007, but I have yet to see it. I'll always like GaoGaiGar (and the other Brave series as well) Especially since I found out they filled in for Transformers when there was no Transformers Anime' series in Japan from 1991-1997.
Last edited by o.supreme on Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Arrow
Gotengo Officer

Post by Arrow »

Rewatched the Haruhi: Endless Eight saga. Awesome.

Now, I'm thinking of actually going after something serious. Or perhaps finally giving Revolutionary Girl Utena a look. Dunno yet.

Arrow
Gotengo Officer

Post by Arrow »

Stuckey wrote:Dunno if you've ever watched any of it before, but K-ON! is pretty decent. Definately not a very serious anime, hah. It's also pretty far from what I normally watch, but I like it quite a bit nonetheless.
Never heard of it. But it beats watching the same things over and over again so I'll give it a shot. Thanks, man.

Zillaowner
G-Grasper

Post by Zillaowner »

Can't wait for the next chapter in Bleach to see what Aizen will do against Gin's god killing spear
Shadow Arena

Wins: 13 Loses: 8 OHKO: 3

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

AH- I know you've been watching a lot of the classic Go Nagai stuff lately. Did you ever get a chance to watch any of the new Z Mazinger?? I had to own the series once I knew of its existence, but there are plenty of places to stream the seies on-line, of and it has an opening theme that wont disappoint, it is quite kickass if you ask me. The ending theme is a little lame, but the series itself is pure awesome!
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

Anyone read/watched Rurouni Kenshin? I think its an amazing manga. I'm not so sure about the anime personally. They cut out the Enishi Arc, and made Aoshi (My fave RK character) look lame.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

alienhulk2099 wrote:On another note, guess who's been watching the first eight episodes of Brave Raideen on YouTube. 8-)
Da....da...Da...Da-Da-Da! REIDEEN! Cool I hope you enjoy. Too bad about Shin Z mazinger, when I get home, let me see if I can find a site that has those last few episodes.....

Bret
G-Grasper

Post by Bret »

Well I just ordered .Hack GU Trilogy. Should be getting that in the next week or so.
Apparently SWTOR said that I can invite 25 people for a 7 day trial of the game. PM me if interested.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Finally finished all the episodes of Inuyasha, even the Final Act ones... and must I say, it was a truly awsome anime... I cannot wait for the Final Act episodes to be dubbed...

Still struggling to find Revolutionary Girl Utena vids... I managed to find episode one, and that was quite good, but I can't find the rest...
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Greetings,

also to add to AH's comment about GGG. I own the entire series on DVD. While the English dub is pretty good, for some reason it was only done for the first half of the series (Something about a cut in budget because Media Blasters was putting all their resources into the Voltron DVD restoration). But at anyrate, you wont find the latter episodes dubbed anywhere because they dont exist. But dont let that deter you, GGG is a fun series that combines both Transformers & Super Robot themes into ONE! I just wish GGG Final would have got a R1 DVD release, but I know they are all available to view on-line as well.

Bret
G-Grasper

Post by Bret »

Lamango if you liked Yu Yu Hakusho you might like Hunter X hunter. It's made by the same person.
Apparently SWTOR said that I can invite 25 people for a 7 day trial of the game. PM me if interested.

planetxleader
Young Farmer

Post by planetxleader »

Whoo! Second post so far here. Anyway, I've been on/off about anime since back in middle school. I only just now have been properly introduced to FLCL and Eureka7 (both of which are excellent) and I'm becoming a lot more open.

I remember in middle school I was somehow hypnotized by Sailor Moon (I think it was the short skirts), which was kinda of a guilty pleasure. A friend I had mentioned the show to called me early in the morning one time and was like, "you watch this crap? It's so girly," to which I replied that he woke me up (when in fact I was already awake, watching Sailor Moon :) ) I eventually watched Ghost in the Shell, which was weird as all get-out, and I kinda/sorta liked it. After that, I grew disinterested in anime. Through college, I got to know a lot of anime fans and was turned off by them, so I really became disenchanted.

...'till I was forced to watch FLCL. I was iffy about seeing it, but I ended up loving the hell out of it (I even plan on buying the new R1 when it comes out). Eureka7 was great, and I will soon be treated to Gurren Lagann, and I may eventually watch Evengalion. But for right now, FLCL is my absolute favorite. It's just all-around awesome.

Also, a friend who visited Comic-Con purchased a DVD of something called "Princess Tu-Tu," which is bat-shit crazy and great. I've only seen two episodes, but I definitely recommend it.
"If you add us both and divide by two, we'd be just right."
- Goro Kirishima, Iron King

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

alienhulk2099 wrote:Say O Supreme, any chance you found episode 22 of Shin Mazinger Z anywhere?

And because no one else brought it up, Mazinkaiser SKL (pronounced Skull) coming this December!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W-eOmyskLs

The title mech being like Black Getter? The end is near! Of course the Nadesico movie's main mech (Black Selena) was basically a real robot version of Black Getter, so I should be saying "A titular super robot being like Black Getter? The end is near!"
sorry AH, I thought you had them all. I'll see if I can find the later ones, although I will be disconnectedfor a few days (going camping). Also cant wait to catch that preview when I get home (work wont let me into youtube :x )

Still hoping someday for a ShinGetter/Mazinkaiser crossover

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I prefer Anime to Manga mostly because there are few (if any) Super Robot/Real Robot based Manga's. Manga mostly focuses on Human drama & elements. I have to say that any battle against mechs or monsters is much more interesting when animated than on the pages of manga. I know there are several Gundam manga's, but they mostly focus on the pilots without their Gundams which just seems wrong to me. I know they are Japanese comics, but while I enjoy US comic-book heroes both reading & watching on TV, I admit, I could really care less about most human characters in Anime or Manga (with few exceptions). Sure one could argue that the robots would be lifeless without the spirit of the pilot that operates them, which is true to an extent, but really I have no interest in the human drama that most Manga features. With that being said however I have one exception. The Guyver, and of course there is no official english translation beyond volume 7 of that series (the first 7 volumes were released by Viz several years ago) . But of course we know where we can find fan translations, and I do enjoy those.

However I know Manga is immensely popular and i enjoy reading about peoples interests in both Anime & Manga.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Thanks Draglord for the recommendadtion I found Guyver volumes 8-10 in English on eBay:

Although to be honest I started reading on-line at volume 11 (I am up to 15 right now I think) since that is where the animated series left off. Cant wait to be all cought up!. Man I cant beleieve that series has been around for 25 years! I would think they would do something big for the 25th anniversary, maybe another Anime season to get them closer to where the Manga is ;) .

Bret
G-Grasper

Post by Bret »

You do know you can read manga online right? I like to read manga more since I can read it faster than watching a episode.

Arrow
Gotengo Officer

Post by Arrow »

wataru wrote:What's everyones favorite guilt pleasure anime? That one (or whole series) of anime you dont want to admit (BUT YOU WILL!) you like?
Harem stuff is hilarious. I've seen a lot, but I supposed the guiltiest would be... Girls Bravo (second season, especially) - there's only so much fanservice can be packed into an anime,. and Girls Bravo exceeded that limit hilariously. And Kanokon. Definitely Kanokon.
alienhulk2099 wrote:Provided, of course, you can find it AND it's translated.
I've found almost every manga I wanted on the Internet.
Last edited by Arrow on Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bret
G-Grasper

Post by Bret »

alienhulk2099 wrote:Provided, of course, you can find it AND it's translated.
It's not that hard. Type in say "yata yata English translated" and it will most likely come up with some websites. I mean if you can't do that that's just pure laziness. No offense.