Anime and Manga disscussion

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
goji89
Sazer

Re: Anime and Manga disscussion

Post by goji89 »

TyrantGojira wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:There might be a live-action My Hero Academia movie in the works.

https://variety.com/2018/film/asia/my-h ... 202992783/
https://youtu.be/8GUelnGjxQI
:lol: ......

But I agree with All Might. I mean live-action anime tend to stray a little too far from their source material and end up being forgotten or making it worse.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

goji89 wrote:
TyrantGojira wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:There might be a live-action My Hero Academia movie in the works.

But I agree with All Might. I mean live-action anime tend to stray a little too far from their source material and end up being forgotten or making it worse.
But live action frog butt!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Living Corpse wrote:
goji89 wrote:
TyrantGojira wrote:

But live action frog butt!
Man, as much as I would LOVE to see that....sigh, they would probably find a way to fuck it up. And no one should mess with a good thing especially frog butt.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I'm pretty skeptical. I don't feel like the story will condense very well into a two-hour movie, so they're going to have to take a heck of a lot of liberties. I guess we'll see.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

I mean, they COULD condense the first season of the anime in a movie
Having it end up at USJ and stuff
Or they could choose to do a movie placed in the America of MHA
Or other stuff
I dunno
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Hey guys I think I found someone perfectly suited for playing All-Might.

*Puts up flame shield*

The Rock does have the height, physique and smile as well as voice for All-Might.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

JAGzilla wrote:Finally went ahead and started The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya a little while ago. The first episode was a little on the fast-paced, intense side for me, but then there was a lot to establish, and that seems to be Haruhi's personality, so I guess it works. It's entertaining, anyway. I laughed a lot, and the characters have a lot of potential. The literature club girl is probably my favorite so far; she reminds me entirely too much of myself when I was in school. :lol:
I'm curious; did you watch the first broadcast-order episode or first chronological episode? I've not actually watched the 1st season in chronological order yet, and I'm curious how that affects the viewing experience overall.
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Guys recommend any animes to watch? I've caught up to My Hero Academia and want to keep myself busy until more English dubbed episodes are produced.
You mentioned Hellsing; I've not seen either anime, but I heard the Ultimate OVAs are very good.
I actually can't name too many "shonen action" series that I've seen, and even fewer that I really liked. :lol: What in particular is it you're looking for - long story arcs, high-octane action?
G-Matt wrote: I just started watching Hyouka. I'm four episodes in and really liking it so far. The animation is excellent, as expected from Kyoto Animation, and the way the characters work off each other and solve the various puzzles/mysteries is very fascinating.
I just saw Hyouka myself for the first time recently, and it's a great character drama. It's extremely low-key in presentation, though, even by Kyoto Animation standards, so sometimes it might throw off newcomers. I do wish a season 2 could happen, though.
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Hey guys I think I found someone perfectly suited for playing All-Might.

http://img.ibxk.com.br/ns/rexposta/2018 ... eaki&w=600

*Puts up flame shield*

The Rock does have the height, physique and smile as well as voice for All-Might.
...But, what about All Might's other form? Just the fact that he has two radically different body forms seems like evidence for a bad transition to live-action; this series depends on comic/cartoon aesthetic to work.

I was actually watching quite a few anime this summer, but real life caught up to me and I've fallen behind now. I must say, though: if I were to recommend ONE anime with all my heart from this year, it'd be Planet With, an original project from the writer of Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer and Spirit Circle. I've seen reviewers comparing it to Gurren Lagann, and I have to agree - the plot and pacing of the show is razor-sharp, and it does in 12 episodes what other shows might struggle to accomplish in 50. It also seems to encapsulate everything stereotypically "anime" (mechs, maid-girls, aliens, animal "mascots", epic battles and introspective philosophy, etc), but without any of the lewdness or gore of some titles. It's all-around excellent, and you should all watch it.
PLANET WITH TAKES TYPICAL ANIME TROPES AND MAKES THEM GREAT

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

So I'm not good at fan casting, but I Norman Reedus to play Eraser head, he looks like the perfect Aizawa, just let him grow his hair out a bit more! :lol:
Last edited by UltimateDitto on Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I have been watching Blood+ for Halloween season.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Rody wrote:...But, what about All Might's other form? Just the fact that he has two radically different body forms seems like evidence for a bad transition to live-action; this series depends on comic/cartoon aesthetic to work.
Either a different actor or CGI. Former is probably better choice due to costing less money.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Rody wrote:...But, what about All Might's other form? Just the fact that he has two radically different body forms seems like evidence for a bad transition to live-action; this series depends on comic/cartoon aesthetic to work.
Either a different actor or CGI. Former is probably better choice due to costing less money.
Chris Evans Captain America....But were talking big budget money there but it can be done with CGI.

I agree a different actor similar to how they do it with shows showing the stars younger. They would still have to look similar, luckily All Might looks completely different from his heroe ego

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

goji89 wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Chris Evans Captain America....But were talking big budget money there but it can be done with CGI.

I agree a different actor similar to how they do it with shows showing the stars younger. They would still have to look similar, luckily All Might looks completely different from his heroe ego
Or they could find a lanky person, put add a little cgi to Rock's face and slap his head on said skinny person's body. ;)
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

UltimateDitto wrote: Or they could find a lanky person, put add a little cgi to Rock's face and slap his head on said skinny person's body. ;)
I doubt it would look right, they could do it though just look a bit wonky. Like stated, it would take a big budget to make it look almost seamless something Anime live movies hardly have.
Last edited by goji89 on Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Rody wrote: You mentioned Hellsing; I've not seen either anime, but I heard the Ultimate OVAs are very good.
I actually can't name too many "shonen action" series that I've seen, and even fewer that I really liked. :lol: What in particular is it you're looking for - long story arcs, high-octane action?
Hellsing Ultimate has one of the best dubs for any anime and I wholeheartedly recommend it. The original is unrelated and is there if you just want some extra Hellsing material, IMO. Ultimate is superior in pretty much every way.
Last edited by Noble Saber on Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

TyrantGojira wrote:

I hate being a naysayer but this was my first thought, too. And I don't even watch MHA! (Not that I don't want to.)
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Finally had found english dubbed episodes of 62 and 63. I'm now officially caught up with My Hero Academia. Any word when Season 4 will begin?
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

Well, I just started part 2 of Soul Eater today and episode 14 was a blast! It had a great blend of a good slice-of-life episode and comedy gold! Seeing all the character get put through the wringer over a simple exam was hilarious, Black Star got humiliated in the best way possible, and Blair got to have some fun outside of being eye-candy. Plus, the second ED is just so cute!
And on that note, I'm happy to say that I've made up my mind: I'm gonna finish this show and I'm gonna like it!
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

Post by SpanishBulldog63 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Finally had found english dubbed episodes of 62 and 63. I'm now officially caught up with My Hero Academia. Any word when Season 4 will begin?
No release date yet, but iirc the last three seasons premiered in Japan around spring time
NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:
"-what they don't know won't hurt 'em... until they're dead."
Resized Image

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Damn it I just love Goblin Slayer so much. Why the fuck is it only going to be 12 episodes?!
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

You guys'll never guess what I just got into...