My little Pony: Friendship is magic

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Kiryu2012
Kwaidan

Re: My little Pony: Friendship is magic

Postby Kiryu2012 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:09 pm

A Matter of Principals was pretty funny, and it's always nice to get more Discord.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...

gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide

Holy poop man.

My DA

JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Postby JAGzilla » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:06 pm

Assuming I'm not just talking to myself, I'm still slowly plunking away at S8, and just got done with The Break-Up Breakdown. You know, I had zero expectations for a modern Hearts and Hooves Day episode, let alone one involving SugarMac, but... you know, that was actually really entertaining. Mac got some real, non-gimmicky dialogue for a change, Discord was hilarious again, and they included Lyra and Bon Bon in a montage of couples. :lol: Also... CheeriMac will always be the One True Mac Ship, but... dammit, I can't be mad at Sugar Belle. May their ship sail far, I guess...

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:46 pm

so... how does everyone feel about the show coming to a close this year?

Birdman
Kwaidan

Postby Birdman » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:01 am

tyrantgoji wrote:so... how does everyone feel about the show coming to a close this year?

Overjoyed.
Komenja wrote:"Rematch! Rematch! Oodako's comin' back for the title!"

https://vk.com/video224433251_166145954

JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Postby JAGzilla » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:24 am

Oh, wow... I hadn't heard. I haven't been keeping up with Equestria Daily or FIMFiction lately. So Season 9 will be the end. Well, it's time. The show's golden age is years behind it, and the main characters have long since done all they really need to do. We're just coasting, now, getting more icing piled on the cake. So as long as S9 doesn't suck, and they can pull together a finale that does our old friends justice, I'll be plenty satisfied.

goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby goji89 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:01 am

Birdman wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:so... how does everyone feel about the show coming to a close this year?

Overjoyed.

Never has one word......expressed so much..... :cry:
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

Kiryu2012
Kwaidan

Postby Kiryu2012 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:33 am

Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

gigan72 wrote:

Holy poop man.

My DA

Gojira1604
Samurai

Postby Gojira1604 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:53 am

Im not sold on Grogar as the final villian currently. Always thought they shoulda gone with Tirek again. Already set up and I dont think they realize what an impact he made during the season 4 finale. Now this season he's acting like too silly for my liking and sigh it seems his warming up to being friendly with Chrysalis & Cozy is setting up his(theirs aswell) redeption. Another one.
I really believe Tirek already had the good qualities of a final villian in terms of his power lust, design and physique. Almost akin to a Thanos for this show. Much better I think than this blue haired goat guy who just came outta nowhere.

Added in 7 minutes 55 seconds:
Also they kinda messed up King Sombra this season. His voice just sapped him of any intimidation. Not that he was the best before but he'd have been so much more entertaining with the deep echoey voice he had back in Season 3. Does MLP have a villian problem?

Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent

Postby Fish Cakes » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:29 pm

Legit question: Why does this fanbase and the Godzilla fanbase seem to overlap so much?
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Birdman
Kwaidan

Postby Birdman » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:03 pm

Fish Cakes wrote:Legit question: Why does this fanbase and the Godzilla fanbase seem to overlap so much?

I honestly wish I could answer that. Maybe people think both franchises are cool and think "Hey, if they are cool on their own, they would be 20% cooler put together!"
Komenja wrote:"Rematch! Rematch! Oodako's comin' back for the title!"

https://vk.com/video224433251_166145954

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:05 pm

Fish Cakes wrote:Legit question: Why does this fanbase and the Godzilla fanbase seem to overlap so much?

MLP overlapped with everything in it's early days...for better and for worse. I think it started when Pyrus Leonidas on DeviantART made a fanfiction story called "The Bridge" which crossed both of them over for the first time. then it went on ever since.

Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent

Postby Fish Cakes » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:08 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:DeviantART made a fanfiction

oh, right. Thank you.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Kiryu2012
Kwaidan

Postby Kiryu2012 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:55 pm

I believe part of it has to do with the popular fanfic, The Bridge. Otherwise, it just seems to be a case of a lot of fans liking different series.
Last edited by Kiryu2012 on Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gigan72 wrote:

Holy poop man.

My DA

JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Postby JAGzilla » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:04 pm

Crossovers are just popular with pony fans, anyway. Look up whatever you want, Marvel, Star Wars, Overwatch, Harry Potter. You'll find plenty of ponification. That was kind of an active part of the fandom's humor in the early days, making sure ponies appeared absolutely everywhere possible, and they just stuck around in some of those places.

Gojira1604
Samurai

Postby Gojira1604 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:56 am

Which show is better; MLP FIM Or MonsterIslandBuddies?

JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Postby JAGzilla » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:59 pm

I don't know what that other thing is, but come on. When FIM was good, it was full-on magic.

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:04 am

JAGzilla wrote:I don't know what that other thing is, but come on. When FIM was good, it was full-on magic.

*GAAASP* You don't know what Monster Island Buddies is?!?! And you call yourself a Godzilla fan,shame on you! Nah i'm kidding :P

Still i don't think you've explored the G-Community enough if you hadn't heard of MIB.

JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Postby JAGzilla » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:06 am

I know the name, but that's it. And no, I don't really venture beyond this place or the occasional YouTube video. *shrug* I rarely hear anything good about the other fandom hangouts (although I know they don't have anything good to say about us, either), so I just haven't seen much of a point in checking them out.

Mr_Krenicboy
Ronin

Postby Mr_Krenicboy » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:58 pm

Both mlp and mib decreased in quality by season 7 lol.
Let's talk ships. Watchall think of em? Have any? I think Moondancer and Twilight are\would be especially adorable. As wives. Yes.Other than that, not much else I ship. Used to not like it honestly.

JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Postby JAGzilla » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:04 am

Ha, yeah, I probably read a hundred+ pony shipfics, back in the day. I was and am fairly open-minded and read dozens of different ships, but my favorite was always PinkieDash. They have a great combination of similarities and differences, and really balance each other out well. AppleDash was a close second for pretty much the same reason. And then even if it doesn't work as well, especially post-Season One, I'll always have a soft spot for FlutterTwi, which was my gateway drug after I'd vowed to stay the hell away from pony shipping upon first entering the fandom in 2011. I think I held out for a month. :lol: Some FIMFiction author, I think it was Kits, once summed it up perfectly: "Being a brony means doing things you said you'd never do over and over until you have no lines left to cross."

Return to “Media Center”