Fantastic Four Reboot (2015)

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
User avatar
g2vd
Kwaidan
Posts: 6917
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:36 am

Re: Fantastic Four Reboot (2015)

Postby g2vd » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:02 am

If I remember correctly, the reason why he was a cloud was because they wanted to save him for the Silver Surfer spinoff. rather than wasting away his giant form for a few minutes.
Godzilla

User avatar
ebirah_scampi
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 371
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:56 am

Re: Fantastic Four Reboot (2015)

Postby ebirah_scampi » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:10 am

g2vd wrote:If I remember correctly, the reason why he was a cloud was because they wanted to save him for the Silver Surfer spinoff. rather than wasting away his giant form for a few minutes.



That's Fox's go to excuse, "don't worry, we'll fix it in the sequel."

User avatar
ernesth100
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3978
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:42 pm
Location: Mushroom kingdom
Contact:

Re: Fantastic Four Reboot (2015)

Postby ernesth100 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:09 pm

Maybe it's the fact that I watched it with family, but this movie was pretty entertaining.
Every fan fic I've made so far http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 48#p624848
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDz...9FTHC6A/videos
I want Kong v Godzilla To Be like BvS but...y'know, better critically received. With Mothra filling the role of Wonder Woman and Ghidorah filling the role of Doomsday. Here's to hoping. :D

Calling It Now, GvKK, King Kong won't be an inch under 250 ft.

User avatar
SoleMan
G-Grasper
Posts: 1451
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:03 pm

Re: Fantastic Four Reboot (2015)

Postby SoleMan » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:58 pm

Alright, the stage is set. All we need is a good, original film to come out and make some money, and Marvel's monopoly will fall like dominos...ha ha ha ha...HAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Before it can be filmed, drawn, acted or programed, it must be written.

User avatar
NSZ
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4208
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:30 pm
Location: Remnant

Re: Fantastic Four Reboot (2015)

Postby NSZ » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:23 pm

SoleMan wrote:Alright, the stage is set. All we need is a good, original film to come out and make some money, and Marvel's monopoly will fall like dominos...ha ha ha ha...HAHAHAHAHAHAH!


Marvel didn't make this.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."
Image

User avatar
Mr. Xeno
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3451
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:33 pm

Re: Fantastic Four Reboot (2015)

Postby Mr. Xeno » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:35 pm

NSZ wrote:
SoleMan wrote:Alright, the stage is set. All we need is a good, original film to come out and make some money, and Marvel's monopoly will fall like dominos...ha ha ha ha...HAHAHAHAHAHAH!


Marvel didn't make this.

Wouldn't change his opinion if they had.

And the movie made approximately $11.3 million yesterday, meaning it could potentially wind up in #2 spot for the entire weekend behind Mission: Impossible.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

User avatar
g2vd
Kwaidan
Posts: 6917
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:36 am

Re: Fantastic Four Reboot (2015)

Postby g2vd » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:44 pm

SoleMan wrote:Alright, the stage is set. All we need is a good, original film to come out and make some money, and Marvel's monopoly will fall like dominos...ha ha ha ha...HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Godzilla

User avatar
KManX89
Interpol Agent
Posts: 746
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:35 pm

Re: Fantastic Four Reboot (2015)

Postby KManX89 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:44 pm

I've decided to take it upon myself to have a little fun with the pretentious Fox shill trolls on IMDb who BTW, are either in complete breakdown or haven't been seen or heard from at all since this POS got hit with awful reviews. :lol:

Image

Like Hulk Hogan, they're learning the hard way that what you say can and likely will come back to haunt you.
My Game Ideas Page

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

User avatar
Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4739
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:35 pm

Re: Fantastic Four Reboot (2015)

Postby Tohosaurus » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:46 pm

At this point it'll mostly be interesting to see how international markets take it. Even if it falls short of $100M as Genisys surely will, international markets could keep it from being a disaster (or as much of one) as with that film.

SoleMan wrote:Alright, the stage is set. All we need is a good, original film to come out and make some money, and Marvel's monopoly will fall like dominos...ha ha ha ha...HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

This is a Fox movie, not Marvel. Nor are superhero movies going anywhere anytime soon.
Last edited by Tohosaurus on Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

User avatar
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer
Posts: 7616
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:57 am
Location: The Planet Trade HQ
Contact:

Re: Fantastic Four Reboot (2015)

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:21 pm

Expected to not even break 30 million this weekend.
Rocker, Dinosaur nut, Cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, of you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983
Image

User avatar
SoleMan
G-Grasper
Posts: 1451
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:03 pm

Re: Fantastic Four Reboot (2015)

Postby SoleMan » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:43 am

Tohosaurus wrote:At this point it'll mostly be interesting to see how international markets take it. Even if it falls short of $100M as Genisys surely will, international markets could keep it from being a disaster (or as much of one) as with that film.

I've been meaning to ask: Are you an economics analyst or something? Or do you do this just for a hobby? You really seem to know your stuff...

SoleMan wrote:Alright, the stage is set. All we need is a good, original film to come out and make some money, and Marvel's monopoly will fall like dominos...ha ha ha ha...HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

This is a Fox movie, not Marvel. Nor are superhero movies going anywhere anytime soon.[/quote]
But it's still a marvel superhero movie. It's symptomatic of people not wanting to put up with bullshit. People keep saying the Avengers movie got bad reviews, and Ant-man was well-received because it was moderately original. Look how well Jurassic Park did, even though it was a stupid movie. It was different.
Something will come along. It has to.
Before it can be filmed, drawn, acted or programed, it must be written.

User avatar
ebirah_scampi
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 371
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:56 am

Re: Fantastic Four Reboot (2015)

Postby ebirah_scampi » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:46 am

[quote="SoleMan"]
But it's still a marvel superhero movie. It's symptomatic of people not wanting to put up with bullshit. People keep saying the Avengers movie got bad reviews, and Ant-man was well-received because it was moderately original. Look how well Jurassic Park did, even though it was a stupid movie. It was [i]different[/i].
Something will come along. It has to.[/quote]


I don't think so, the only thing this flopping will accomplish is to let Marvel use the F4 and related characters.

In my opinion the reason Marvel Studios is doing so well is [i]because[/i] they do something different with each francise. Just this last phase we got a techno thriller in IM3, a science fiction/fantasy film in Thor 2, a political thriller in Cap 2, a space opera in Guardians, an ensemble action blockbuster in Ultron, and a heist film in Ant-Man.

The reason Marvel keeps kicking it out of the park and hasn't had a flop with critics or audiences yet is because they film each property in a way suitable for that property. Fox faied here because they let Trank force his "vision" of something dark and gritty with body horror into the franchise that that's least appropriate for.

User avatar
Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4739
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:35 pm

Re: Fantastic Four Reboot (2015)

Postby Tohosaurus » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:52 pm

SoleMan wrote:I've been meaning to ask: Are you an economics analyst or something? Or do you do this just for a hobby? You really seem to know your stuff...

No, but thank you. :mrgreen: My degree is in business with a view for international business so I watch the industry in that regard, which merges with my interest in film. So I analyze movies (and my own ideas) with marketing and financial viability in mind. An affinity for reading always helps too.....
SoleMan wrote:But it's still a marvel superhero movie. It's symptomatic of people not wanting to put up with bullshit. People keep saying the Avengers movie got bad reviews, and Ant-man was well-received because it was moderately original. Look how well Jurassic Park did, even though it was a stupid movie. It was different.
Something will come along. It has to.

Fantastic Four's reboot had problems on multiple fronts. For one, as a movie it was mired in a lot of "drama" and trouble that draws onlookers, but in a negative way. So when it's launched people aren't really talking about the quality of the movie itself or such. Secondly, it didn't have much to set itself apart from others. Superhero movies are a huge sub-genre right now in sci-fi/fantasy, but we've already had enough of them that a studio looking to market their lesser known franchise needs to be far more effective in differentiating their film from the others. None of the trailers made this seem like anything worth seeing over any other various superhero. So far Fox has done a dramatically better job with whoever is behind next year's Deadpool film. Even if you don't think it seems funny or otherwise interesting, I presume most think it looks "different" or unconventional for a superhero film. That's their USP, their hook. Marvel themselves were effective with Guardians of the Galaxy last year, or Ant-Man that's in theaters right now. Even if it's a popular franchise or genre, people will pass on seeing a movie that doesn't look compelling or has poor reviews, which can be either the fault of the movie itself or the marketing. And lastly, the movie itself was poorly received. I haven't seen it myself, so I really cannot say anything more than the trailers didn't inspire me to go see it.

It's unlikely that superhero movies as a sub-genre of sci-fi and fantasy will maintain their present prominence indefinitely. However, we've little indication that international audiences are even close to tiring of them. More importantly I don't expect superhero movies too fall out of favor so thoroughly the way giant monsters did in Japan or period westerns in the US. I simply think that we just won't see as many of them. As we know, Legendary and Universal are looking heavily towards monster/creature type experiences to bolster their film roster, given Pacific Rim, Godzilla, Skull Island, Jurassic World, The Great Wall, Universal Monsters, etc. Not long ago I was hoping for epic space films to become more popular, given Star Trek, the coming Star Wars, rumored Battle Star Galactica, Jupiter Ascending, and the superhero-space adventure hybrid that was Guardians of the Galaxy. But I'm less hopeful these days. And I think Paramount allowed their rights to lapse for a new Dune adaptation. Disney flopped big time with John Carter. Oh well.

Side note: I should have their clearer about the Marvel thing. FF is obviously Marvel's superhero, just that this isn't a Marvel distributed film like the ones known for the MCU, for example.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

User avatar
NSZ
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4208
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:30 pm
Location: Remnant

Re: Fantastic Four Reboot (2015)

Postby NSZ » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:02 pm

Fox is sticking it's athlete's foot inflicted foot in its mouth, trying to outstupid Sony: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... /?a=123784
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."
Image

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10878
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: PARTS UNKNOWN
Contact:

Re: Fantastic Four Reboot (2015)

Postby UltramanGoji » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:52 pm

NSZ wrote:Fox is sticking it's athlete's foot inflicted foot in its mouth, trying to outstupid Sony: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... /?a=123784


Don't worry: they'll be shoehorned into the new X-Men movies now.
Image
Check out my YouTube channel CinemaGoji for all things kaiju!

User avatar
kamilleblu
G-Grasper
Posts: 1209
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:46 pm

Re: Fantastic Four Reboot (2015)

Postby kamilleblu » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:03 pm

It bombed both domestically and internationally? Ouch.

User avatar
three
Keizer
Posts: 9486
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:26 am
Location: Hueco Mundo

Re: Fantastic Four Reboot (2015)

Postby three » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:12 pm

kamilleblu wrote:It bombed both domestically and internationally? Ouch.


ouch might not be a strong enough word. i never liked these guys (the four), the movies have all been pretty bad. this one just decided to do whatever it pleased instead of what the fans were used to.

and surprisingly, i've seen a bunch of people (critics and average joes/janes alike) complaining about the thing not having pants, so Xeno isn't alone. i thought that was just some weird obsession he had (i think Xeno was the one going on about the thing not having pants in the trailers).
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!


Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - skreeonk in space.

User avatar
SoleMan
G-Grasper
Posts: 1451
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:03 pm

Re: Fantastic Four Reboot (2015)

Postby SoleMan » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:49 pm

No, but thank you. :mrgreen: My degree is in business with a view for international business so I watch the industry in that regard, which merges with my interest in film. So I analyze movies (and my own ideas) with marketing and financial viability in mind. An affinity for reading always helps too.....

Cool. I find the actual film business fascinating, and you're the best person on here to discuss it at that level with. Do you have any business ventures of your own, or what do you do? Just curious.

I'm not saying necessarily that teh genre of Sci-Fi/Fantasy will disappear, but the whole "Brand movies" trend is starting to get old. It's not just Marvel and DC I'm tired of, it's anything that's an adaptation of a property that's been around for years. Look at what came out this summer: 3 Marvel movies (With a fourth on the way, right?) Jurassic Park, Terminator, Mission Impossible, and several others. Like The CinemaSins guy said: "You're flooding the market with nothing except these movies, and you're taking people's attendance of them as signs that they want more of them." Other kinds of movies can't even break into the market. Hell, Bird-Man didn't play in my hometown until after it won best picture, and even then just for a weekend. I take evidence of "foreign markets" as symptoms Americans don't really like the films: they can't sell 'em to Americans anymore, so they have to send them elsewhere. And I do think it's just a phase. People got tired of westerns, and now you can hardly find them anywhere. Everytime one comes out, it's usually really weird and doesn't go anywhere. People got tired of monster movies from the 50s. People got tired of Spy films from the 60s. People got tired of Slasher films from the 80s. They got tired of alternate reality Sci-Fi from the 90s. See a trend here?

Robot movies seem to be on the rise. I predict they'll be next!
Before it can be filmed, drawn, acted or programed, it must be written.

User avatar
Mr. Xeno
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3451
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:33 pm

Re: Fantastic Four Reboot (2015)

Postby Mr. Xeno » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:01 pm

three wrote:and surprisingly, i've seen a bunch of people (critics and average joes/janes alike) complaining about the thing not having pants, so Xeno isn't alone. i thought that was just some weird obsession he had (i think Xeno was the one going on about the thing not having pants in the trailers).

I'm assuming you're referring to a different Xeno. I believe I made brief comments about the Thing no wearing pants, but I didn't "complain" about it.

And with an 8% on RT and only 14 territories left to open in (and maybe China, since there's no date for a release there yet), this movie looks to be a monumental bomb. It would probably have had to make around $250+ worldwide to recover costs, and it'll probably fall short of that.

Man, the MCU fanboys must be jumping with joy right now.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

User avatar
three
Keizer
Posts: 9486
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:26 am
Location: Hueco Mundo

Re: Fantastic Four Reboot (2015)

Postby three » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:03 pm

Mr. Xeno wrote:
three wrote:and surprisingly, i've seen a bunch of people (critics and average joes/janes alike) complaining about the thing not having pants, so Xeno isn't alone. i thought that was just some weird obsession he had (i think Xeno was the one going on about the thing not having pants in the trailers).

I'm assuming you're referring to a different Xeno. I believe I made brief comments about the Thing no wearing pants, but I didn't "complain" about it.

Man, the MCU fanboys must be jumping with joy right now.


yea, i don't have an amazing recollection of it, so forgive me for embellishing.

also, i am jumping for joy. we were right. this movie stunk as it built up, and is a heaping pile of garbage. but don't hate on us "fanboys" and there won't be any rubbing of the nose into the pile, catch my drift? ;)
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!


Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - skreeonk in space.


Return to “Media Center”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests