Star Wars

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

The best installment in the Star Wars saga is...

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999)
5%
Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002)
3%
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005)
8%
Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (1977)
13%
Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
60%
Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983)
11%

Total votes : 110

Re: Star Wars

Postby Primevalgodzilla V2 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:47 am

I don't think its the real Maul.
RIP, Old TK.
2003-2010

Primevalgodzilla V2
EDF Soldier

Geiger Counter

Postby Mothra Freak » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:08 pm

shinmattiathekaiju wrote:How they are gonna explain his comeback?

Apparently, his hatred fueled his survival until he was able to have an operation or whatever. Since then, he's literally done nothing but prepare for revenge against Obi-wan, though he's been driven mad by his desire for vengeance.

Or something.

Honestly, it's not so unbelievable for Star Wars, where people die by "losing the will to live" and live through getting all their limbs severed and being covered head-to-nub in severe third-degree burns.

Mothra Freak
Duly-Appointed Enforcer of the Tyrest Accord

Geiger Counter

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:23 pm

Yeah, I honestly don't care as long as the story is decent. There is so much potential, that I'm automatically pretty damn excited.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.
Gorosaurus Rex
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Mothra Freak » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:56 pm

That's how I feel.

Mothra Freak
Duly-Appointed Enforcer of the Tyrest Accord

Geiger Counter

Postby shinmattiathekaiju » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:42 am

Gorosaurus Rex wrote:Yeah, I honestly don't care as long as the story is decent. There is so much potential, that I'm automatically pretty damn excited.

Yeahm they can develop Maul better this time.
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1
shinmattiathekaiju
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:39 pm

Ralph McQuarrie, the man who basically designed the world of Star Wars, has died.
http://www.ralphmcquarrie.com/index.html
I honestly think hipsters eat with their assholes because they consume everything wrong.
- Chris Hardwick

Tyler
Anung Un Rama

Geiger Counter

Postby Wataru » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:41 pm

Bringing back Darth Maul serves absolutely no purpose but to sell Darth Maul action figures and it was hype for TPM in 3D. Blah.
Wataru
TK's Comic Book God & Toy Guru
Sandy Frank dubs. All others are fail.

Founder of the Heathen Hall @ American Asatru Association

Wataru
Founding Director of the American Asatru Associaton

Postby omgitsgodzilla » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:43 pm

Tyler wrote:Ralph McQuarrie, the man who basically designed the world of Star Wars, has died.

Now that is a damned shame. His art was amazing.
Resident obnoxious queer, Marxist, Troper, filmmaker, drummer and rapper.

TheChingzilla wrote:King Ghidorah and Manda, they would make sweet love with their snake like structures

edgaguirus wrote:Talk about necking.

KEEP CIRCULATING THE TAPES
omgitsgodzilla
Tumblr Trash

Postby GodzillavsZilla » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:56 pm

Tyler wrote:Ralph McQuarrie, the man who basically designed the world of Star Wars, has died.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:

On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.

Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

GodzillavsZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Mirror Counter

Postby shinmattiathekaiju » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:00 pm

Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1
shinmattiathekaiju
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby o.supreme » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:27 pm

shinmattiathekaiju wrote:What do you think of this book? http://www.amazon.it/Anticipation-Episo ... 946&sr=8-1

I've never read it myself, but it is an interesting perspective. There was so much negativity AFTER the films release, that I think most people who were old enough to remember-forgot about all the hype and anticipation that had built up before this films release. I consider myself a fairly "passive" Star wars fan, but I think the trailers for TPM were some of the first I ever watched/downloaded from the internet, and I probably watched them at least once a week from November of 1998 until the Movies release in may 1999.

As for The Clone Wars & Darth Maul, well... Tonights the night (supposedly). Although I wouldn't be surprised if this was a Savage Opress heavy episode and Maul was not introduced until the very last scene, or even until next week. I find it odd they they didn't hold back the season finale for a month or so and air it in a one hour segment in one night as they have done with previous seasons.

wataru wrote:Bringing back Darth Maul serves absolutely no purpose but to sell Darth Maul action figures and it was hype for TPM in 3D. Blah.
True, and also to show off daddy's little girls writing skills (or lack there of). You know its funny, for years Lucas denied acknowledging any EU accounts that Boba Fett survived after ROTJ. But in his old age, he's ok with others doing the exact same thing to Maul. But hey its ok I guess if its in the family.
Looking for Ebirah Horror of the Deep Intl. Dub(PAL VHS or DVD sourced from PAL VHS with original title card & Credits)
o.supreme
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:17 am

o.supreme wrote:As for The Clone Wars & Darth Maul, well... Tonights the night (supposedly). Although I wouldn't be surprised if this was a Savage Opress heavy episode and Maul was not introduced until the very last scene, or even until next week. I find it odd they they didn't hold back the season finale for a month or so and air it in a one hour segment in one night as they have done with previous seasons.

wataru wrote:Bringing back Darth Maul serves absolutely no purpose but to sell Darth Maul action figures and it was hype for TPM in 3D. Blah.
True, and also to show off daddy's little girls writing skills (or lack there of). You know its funny, for years Lucas denied acknowledging any EU accounts that Boba Fett survived after ROTJ. But in his old age, he's ok with others doing the exact same thing to Maul. But hey its ok I guess if its in the family.

You were right on that account, but I thought they did a decent enough job with it. Maul, as opposed to Boba, had a ton of potential that was never delivered on. I'm glad to see that they are giving him a shot to actually become a character in this movie.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.
Gorosaurus Rex
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby kaiju115 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:48 pm

Even though I didn't like The Phantom Menace all that much, I really liked Darth Maul. As for the Clone Wars series, the latest episode with Savage finding Maul, I just can't stop watching it. The idea of having Darth Maul being driven mad by the dark side, while at the same time its been keeping him alive, I thought was kinda scary, can't wait for the season finale.
kaiju115
JXSDF Technician

Postby JVM » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:33 pm

Actually Lucas wanted to bring back Fett officially in the Special Editions.
JVM
E.S.P.Spy

Postby The One and Only » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:59 pm

^How so ? If you know, please elaborate.
The One and Only
G-Grasper

Postby JVM » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:43 pm

The One and Only wrote:^How so ? If you know, please elaborate.

I don't remember exactly where I read it, but he considered putting in a scene of him escaping the Sarlaac in 1997 but felt it distracted from everything else, or something.
JVM
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Wataru » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:00 am

In SW:EU, Fett survived. And all was good and right in the universe.
Wataru

Wataru

Postby o.supreme » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:05 am

The episode was ok. Anyone else notice the Title Card in RED ooh EVIL! :roll: --Anyway, what I dont get (and seems to be a HUGE inconsistancy with force sensitivity) was that--Maul was alive for over a decade. I'm sure he had feelings of rage and hate for all that time. How come no Jedi ever "felt" it until the events of this episode? Also it seems they just took the concept drawings we had all scene of a multi-legged Cyber-Maul and just made him more extreme/grotesque. To be honest, I would have preferred a normal bi-pedal Darth Maul, but that's just me.
Looking for Ebirah Horror of the Deep Intl. Dub(PAL VHS or DVD sourced from PAL VHS with original title card & Credits)
o.supreme
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Wataru » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:13 am

Because it's a Star Wars kids TV show? I dont expect any level of writing for Star Wars video media above that of a 12 year old.
Wataru

Wataru

Postby Goji » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:57 pm

wataru wrote:In SW:EU, Fett survived. And all was good and right in the universe.

Indeed. Dengar ends up finding him, nearly dead, crawling out of the Sarlac pit.

..Of course, this all got skreeonk up when Lucas added the CG "mouth" to the Sarlac in '97 (which isn't canon to me anyway; the Sarlac always looked like the original version in all SW media prior to '97) and (purposely) had him shown being swallowed.
Goji
E.S.P.Spy

Postby o.supreme » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:05 pm

You know... I'm not a perv or anything, but to me the Sarlacc was one of the coolest monsters in the Star Wars Universe, until I got older and discovered female anatomy. I just cant get past that now :lol:
o.supreme
G-Force Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Media Center