The Official Star Wars Saga Thread

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorite installments in the Star Wars Saga?

Star Wars (1977, dir. George Lucas)
22%
The Empire Strikes Back (1980, dir. Irvin Kershner)
24%
Return of the Jedi (1983, dir. Richard Marquand)
20%
The Phantom Menace (1999, dir. Lucas)
2%
Attack of the Clones (2002, dir. Lucas)
2%
Revenge of the Sith (2005, dir. Lucas)
14%
The Force Awakens (2015, dir. J.J. Abrams)
2%
Rogue One (2016, dir. Gareth Edwards)
7%
The Last Jedi (2017, dir. Rian Johnson)
3%
Solo (2018, dir. Ron Howard)
1%
The Rise of Skywalker (2019, dir. J.J. Abrams)
2%

Total votes: 244

o.supreme
Futurian

Re: Star Wars

Post by o.supreme »

Just to clarify when you say "They" do you mean have the Hapan Consortium appear in the Clone Wars animated series, or have some of the EU Novel authors make the Hapans a focal point of a future novel? Oh and Lucas has let the show runners use a few ideas form the EU novels that he didn't create himself.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

Bret wrote:
Gorosaurus Rex wrote:Ratings have been pretty decent for a show on a cable network, especially an animated cartoon that airs on Friday nights.

Anyways, I do encourage people to give the show a shot. Despite and iffy first season, I easily think it's one of the better Star Wars properties in recent years.
When The Phantom Menace got re released in 3d Adult did a marathon of a story arc it had to do with witches or something like that seemed pretty interesting. Introduced Maul's brother too. I think those are the first full episodes I have seen though.
That's one of the better Clone Wars arcs. You can actually find most of the episodes on youtube. I'm a big fan of the Umbara storyline.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

The only problem I would have with ep 7=9 their are too many good arcs to do in just three movies, Jedi Academy trilogy, thrawn trilogy, Cadeus era and the more recent Fate of the Jedi and of course the Vong War.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

This is probably old news for anyone who cllects Star Wars Toys. I just admire them from afar since there are just way too many.. However This is proably the closest I've been to purchasing a Star wars toy in almost 15 years!

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/en_US/sh ... src=endeca

I know there have been a handfull of EU toys over the years, but this gets me really excited. I cant wait to see whats to come in the future!
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

At one time I had the entire "Shadows of The Empire" assortment, along with Micro Machine sets for Heir to the Empire,Truce at Bakura, & Jedi Academy. Sadly I sold them on eBay long ago.

Wataru-do you happen to know of a comprehensive website for viewing SW action figures? I've heard of a few of the ones you mentioned, but not all of them.

Ethan
G-Grasper

Post by Ethan »

Anybody saw the 2 part fan edit called The War of the Stars? I can't describe how well made it is.

Part 1 is an edited version of A New Hope that effectively turns the film into a grindhouse era scholckfest, complete with ridiculous plot twists, gore and missing reels. They even used a beaten 16mm print to give it that look, as opposed to those annoying digital scratches that Tarantino and Rodriguez used for their Grindhouse.

Part 2 combines the last films and ditches the grindhouse feel in favor of more twists. In case you wanted to know what turn the franchise might have taken if Vader wasn't Luke's father, this is an interesting alternative. The music changes also make for a more gothic atmosphere.

Highly recommended.
"If only all garden variety fans had just one neck!"

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

wataru wrote:
o.supreme wrote: Wataru-do you happen to know of a comprehensive website for viewing SW action figures? I've heard of a few of the ones you mentioned, but not all of them.
Sadly no :( most websites just stop updating.
Rebelscum.com is the most comprehensive Star Wars action figure site on the web.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

RedZillaKing wrote:Rebelscum.com
I wasn't sure if that was real at first.
bleep bloop

Rossk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Rossk »

http://forum.rebelscum.com/forum.php

ita very active, but beware, there are some real idiots over there.
'MURICA!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Anyone here ever seen (or heard of) The Backstroke of the West? I think I just about died laughing when I came across it on YouTube a few weeks ago.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

Yeah, I watched the dubbed version a few months back. Had me in stitches. That's actually the only time I've seen the third episode since it's forgettable theatrical run in 2005. "Mr. Speaker!"

Gojira-Fan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira-Fan »

Ethan wrote:Anybody saw the 2 part fan edit called The War of the Stars? I can't describe how well made it is.

Part 1 is an edited version of A New Hope that effectively turns the film into a grindhouse era scholckfest, complete with ridiculous plot twists, gore and missing reels. They even used a beaten 16mm print to give it that look, as opposed to those annoying digital scratches that Tarantino and Rodriguez used for their Grindhouse.

Part 2 combines the last films and ditches the grindhouse feel in favor of more twists. In case you wanted to know what turn the franchise might have taken if Vader wasn't Luke's father, this is an interesting alternative. The music changes also make for a more gothic atmosphere.

Highly recommended.
And where could I find this? Sounds intriguing.

Bret
G-Grasper

Post by Bret »

Just about done with the Thrawn trilogy. It's nice to see Thrawn isn't so lulz evil with his subordinates as Vader was.
Apparently SWTOR said that I can invite 25 people for a 7 day trial of the game. PM me if interested.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Space Hunter M wrote:Yeah, I watched the dubbed version a few months back. Had me in stitches. That's actually the only time I've seen the third episode since it's forgettable theatrical run in 2005. "Mr. Speaker!"
I just can't get over how "Jedi Council" is translated as "Presbyterian Church." It still makes me laugh.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Reaper Man
Monsterland Worker

Post by Reaper Man »

I love this series. Star Wars (episode IV for noobs) is probably my favorite movie.

As for the six people who voted Phantom Menace as their favorite: may God have mercy on your souls.
Seasons don't fear the reaper, nor do the wind, the sun, or the rain.

Mincecraft
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mincecraft »

I can't decide in the vote so heres my thoughts.

The Phantom Menace: Liked it when little, but not that much now. Only watch it for the action scenes.

Attack of the Clones: Better than Phantom, mainly for the action but overall good.

Revenge of the Sith: Best prequel, great, dark overall. Probably my fave.

A New Hope: A classic, what can I say?

The Empire Strikes Back: Good, not my fave but good.

Return of the Jedi: Great action, second best original.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Reaper Man wrote:I love this series. Star Wars (episode IV for noobs) is probably my favorite movie.

As for the six people who voted Phantom Menace as their favorite: may God have mercy on your souls.
Wouldn't episode IV be more accurate for hardcore fans? And what's wrong with the six people liking episode I the best?

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

I'm that big of a fan of Star Wars, but I do enjoy the Clone Wars T.V series. I like how it takes place between the film saga, but that's just me.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I'd like to thank Kiryu2012 for the bump, now on to business.

Star Wars detours was announced today.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/08/24/star- ... ler-video/

I for one liked the Robot Chicken specials so I hope this will live up to those.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Post by Malchik »

We're at a point where it's like putting Hitler and Jesus Christ in dresses. It's funny not becasue it's clever or witty; it's becasue they are well known characters outside their domain. Every joke seen is based around this one gag.