The Official Star Wars Saga Thread

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorite installments in the Star Wars Saga?

Star Wars (1977, dir. George Lucas)
22%
The Empire Strikes Back (1980, dir. Irvin Kershner)
24%
Return of the Jedi (1983, dir. Richard Marquand)
20%
The Phantom Menace (1999, dir. Lucas)
2%
Attack of the Clones (2002, dir. Lucas)
2%
Revenge of the Sith (2005, dir. Lucas)
14%
The Force Awakens (2015, dir. J.J. Abrams)
2%
Rogue One (2016, dir. Gareth Edwards)
7%
The Last Jedi (2017, dir. Rian Johnson)
3%
Solo (2018, dir. Ron Howard)
1%
The Rise of Skywalker (2019, dir. J.J. Abrams)
2%

Total votes: 244

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: The Official Star Wars Saga Thread

Post by miguelnuva »

So Rey the person that we've seen do unbelievable things in the force shuts herself off from the Force and gets killed by Sand people even though the person she learned then power from was able to turn his Force powers back on. Plus Rey was a decent fighter without the force.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Sounds like a fitting end to such a powerful yet useless character.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I'm glad this is a fan theory and 99% won't happen. Like I said I could see Disney and Lucasfilm going down this route and then rebooting the prequels and the OT eventually.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I can't stop laughing. :lol:

Honestly, the controversy around TLJ (combined with some legitimately poor execution) has just torpedoed this whole trilogy for me. I don't care what happens in TROS. If they want to go this route, that's fine. It kind of works, really, because Rey is too unstoppable a character to just keep floating around. I don't expect it to happen, though, because Disney has been rather aggressively ignoring the Prequels so far.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Yeah, that would be a terrible idea. Especially because, y'know, the fact that she wouldn't mention to Qui-gon/Obi-wan 'Hey, by the way, that Palpatine is a Sith that's going to seduce my son to the Dark Side and do... many, many bad things' would kind of put the blood of millions (billions if you count Alderaan) on her hands. Like, literally the entire rise of the Empire and all the deaths in the Star Wars saga would be her fault.

Unless she had amneisa in addition to losing the Force and all her scavenger skills... at which point, what would even be the point of being the same character? I'm classing this under the same category as 'Snoke is Mace Windu'; i.e. hysterical laughter followed by a sad shake of the head. ;)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Are people actually having a series conversation about the idea that Rey time travels and becomes Shmi?

Really?

...Really?

No, but... really?

I mean, really?
Last edited by eabaker on Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

I'm not really a SW fan but this "Rey is Shmi" rumor is a perfect example of what I don't like about the prequels and what I've seen of the Disney stuff:

You don't have to tie everyone and everything together. It's supposed to be a wide open galaxy with lots of factions and alien species and worlds. Quit making it so small. Quit making everyone a Skywalker. Quit forcing characters together into unlikely situations.

And as Zarm pointed out, there's no logic to it. It's like when Lucas had Chewie working with Yoda during Ep III or having Anakin build 3PO. At that point you're discarding any story logic for a sort of cheap fan service.

I feel like at this point all these attempts to tie characters together is a nod to the success of "I am your father." That worked for a number of reasons but one of them was because it hadn't been done in that series before. Now you've nearly got more Skywalkers than movies in the franchise.
Last edited by Terasawa on Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

It's literally just some random fan meme that people are taking a *bit* too seriously...
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Maritonic wrote:It's literally just some random fan meme that people are taking a *bit* too seriously...
Right, but the sad thing is -to me- it seems like it could almost be real for the reasons I mentioned.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

It's not like time travel wasn't already introduced in Disney SW Canon... Sadly.

Just kill these sequels already lol, have the All-Powerful non-problematic PeaceKeeper of all things Holy, Rey meet her end or become Shmi.

Have the actual conflicted and true star of the sequels, Kylo Ren, be redeemed after killing Rey. Forced to do so by Palpatine.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I don't see it happening either but when I look at the sequel trilogy and think about itz it doesn't seem as crazy as I thought out first.

I'm sure the female masters would love to remake Phantom menace with their star creation now being Darth Vader's mother.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

This would explain why Rey conspicuously had Skywalker traits in TFA, but turned out to be apparently unrelated in TLJ. She's actually Skywalker Prime.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Terasawa wrote:
Maritonic wrote:It's literally just some random fan meme that people are taking a *bit* too seriously...
Right, but the sad thing is -to me- it seems like it could almost be real for the reasons I mentioned.
it SUBveRTs ExpEcTAtioNs

Thats the same as good storytelling, right?
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
Terasawa wrote:
it SUBveRTs ExpEcTAtioNs

:lol: :lol:

Added in 12 minutes 21 seconds:
Why couldn't there be some more effort put into the planets in the sequels? Everything including the films felt like retreads.

For example, Jakku. Instead of being generic Sand Planet #138, maybe go unique like Felucia from the prequels? Something like this preferably:

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

The last two posts are win, guys. :) I agee entirely.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Gawdziller1954 wrote:
Terasawa wrote:
it SUBveRTs ExpEcTAtioNs

:lol: :lol:

Added in 12 minutes 21 seconds:
Why couldn't there be some more effort put into the planets in the sequels? Everything including the films felt like retreads.

For example, Jakku. Instead of being generic Sand Planet #138, maybe go unique like Felucia from the prequels? Something like this preferably:

Where is that? Red cliffs Mongolia?

TBH I'd prefer the Atacama
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Could this mean that Disney could sell Lucasfilm within the foreseeable future?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LegendZilla wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGeAnTpvGms

Could this mean that Disney could sell Lucasfil within the foreseeable future?
No, Star Wars is still a cash cow. One or two good movies and they'll be fine again.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

...Well, one good movie and a few TV shows, at least. ;)

But yeah, considering the time and expense they've just gone to to create a Star Wars land in their theme parks, I don't think they're going to abandon the brand that easily.
Last edited by Zarm on Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maranatha!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I will forgive Disney for all their wrongdoings if they give me Bruce Lee with Nunchuck sabers in Episode 9.

They want Progressive Content and a new audience? Let's get the LEE SAGA started! Screw the Mary Sue empowerment crap.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.