The Official Star Wars Saga Thread

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorite installments in the Star Wars Saga?

Star Wars (1977, dir. George Lucas)
22%
The Empire Strikes Back (1980, dir. Irvin Kershner)
24%
Return of the Jedi (1983, dir. Richard Marquand)
20%
The Phantom Menace (1999, dir. Lucas)
2%
Attack of the Clones (2002, dir. Lucas)
2%
Revenge of the Sith (2005, dir. Lucas)
14%
The Force Awakens (2015, dir. J.J. Abrams)
2%
Rogue One (2016, dir. Gareth Edwards)
7%
The Last Jedi (2017, dir. Rian Johnson)
3%
Solo (2018, dir. Ron Howard)
1%
The Rise of Skywalker (2019, dir. J.J. Abrams)
2%

Total votes: 244

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Star Wars

Post by JVM »

^ That was the original plan. I think Lucas is speeding it up because, well, everyone wants to see the OT again, simply put.

As for Detours, I'll wait for a full episode to judge.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

WTF, Cartoon Network. Why are you moving Clone Wars from Friday night (when I'm awake) to Saturday morning (when I'm asleep)?
bleep bloop

Proofpoochie
G-Force Personnel

Post by Proofpoochie »

Legionmaster wrote:WTF, Cartoon Network. Why are you moving Clone Wars from Friday night (when I'm awake) to Saturday morning (when I'm asleep)?
I know, right? I wonder what the reason for this is. :?

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

I'm kind of glad actually. I couldn't watch live TV until recently and am used to recording stuff - couldn't record TCW's timeslot before. Now I can.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Cartoon Network is trying to ,from what I've heard, is trying to build a Saturday morning block of programing like in the good old days. Although, like many here, I enjoyed watching Clone Wars ,and ThunderCats on Friday nights. I guess I'll have to set the DVR for it.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

GodzillaSpawn
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaSpawn »

I'm a relatively big Star Wars fan. I suppose I'm a bigger fan of the characters, the look and the mythos more than I am of the film-making and storyboards.

Characters like Darth Maul, Mace Windu, Han Solo, Boba Fett, Vader left such an impression for various reasons. Although I disliked a majority of the Prequel Trilogy, it was nice to see the saga on the big screen after all those years. It also birthed the new cartoon series, which I think has some of the best Star Wars action ever. And it's an increasingly darker show, this season actually looks particularly darker than last season.

I like getting immersed in the world, especially for the first time with the original trilogy (Empire was the best hands down). But TPM is painful to watch for me excluding the final lightsaber fight. Attack of the Clones had a horribly uncomfortable love story, but the Colosseum and Yoda fight saved it. Revenge of the Sith should have been much better. But it was written so poorly,had the worst SFX, and almost every scene that was supposed to be powerful had one giant aggravating drawback. For instance: "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!"

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

A fan made anime that according to the rumor mill, that George Lucas does not want you to see. :eh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tBM2Zfn ... r_embedded
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Well Clone Wars starts this Saturday at 9:30 am and did anyone see the Lego special it was kinda of funny.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I just wonder how the producers of the show feel about this move. Its sad because as an adult fan I would love to watch cartoons on friday night (or at least watch them the next day online since I was usually busy). But the point was to cater to adult fans. Now since everything is being pushed to saturday morning, I guess they will get all the kids that buy the toys and make the $$$ for the network, but they lose most of the adult fans. It's a shame.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Pssh. I'm gonna wake up at 7, run downstairs in my feety pajamas, and watch cartoons all morning on the floor. And you will all be jealous, because I'll see it FIRST. Nyah!
bleep bloop

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

^These days I let my kids do that for me. I had to be up at 4:30 to go to work today. No way in heck I'm waking up at 7 on a saturday Image
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Yeah I did that also, but I was 12. Big difference between 36 and 12, especially when you can find everything to sream online ;) .

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

My problem is that I have to compete for the TV with my little brother and sister. They're unbelievably spoiled, and have a tendency to just demand to play Xbox whenever the hell they want to, no regard at all for what anyone else wants to watch. And my mom won't tell them 'no', so they'll just shriek and turn the TV on and off until I give in.

I can usually watch one or two new episodes without much difficulty, but three in one morning... that could be hard. Hopefully I can negotiate with them.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

^ Amen to that :)

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^^ Tempting as that is sometimes, I can't. They'd just scream louder and retaliate by breaking my stuff.

Children are, without exception, pure malevolence. I don't think I've ever met a kid I've liked.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

^ I know lots of kids; all of them are fun and well-behaved. I think it just depends on how they're brought up.
The One and Only wrote:A fan made anime that according to the rumor mill, that George Lucas does not want you to see. :eh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tBM2Zfn ... r_embedded
That is very cool. Do you have more info on this? I didn't quite understand the uploader comments.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

JAGzilla wrote:Children are, without exception, pure malevolence
Nope.
JAGzilla wrote:my mom won't tell them 'no'
This is the problem. There are plenty of well-behaved children. The difference is with the parents. Either they discipline their kids properly or they don't.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ Yeah, that's definitely the issue. And yes, I'm aware that there are plenty of pleasant kids around. I just don't seem to meet many of 'em.

Anyway, we're getting off-topic. On the matter of Clone Wars itself, I hope they'll start gearing up for the endgame pretty soon. Dragging the show out with all this pointless Darth Maul and 'Mandalorian' crap is getting pathetic. I want Jedi and clones tearing up droids, not all this sideshow time-wasting.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

I'm a little annoyed at how dragged-out Darth Maul was. I understood keeping us waiting a year, hell, I expected it, but now stretching it into another season? No thanks. The interest in Maul I regained in his initial return is now all gone.

The Mandalorians were a fun initial story arc, but I find them as an ongoing arc very irritating.

GodzillaSpawn
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaSpawn »

So, I know everyone sees him as a ripoff, but is anybody else a big fan of Savage Opress? I think he's a great character. But now that Maul's back, he's become a subplot.

Also, who is your favorite clone?

I really like Fives and Rex.

I also like Gree (we all know ho he goes out) and Waxer and Boil. Was sad to see Waxer go last season. :|