The Official Star Wars Saga Thread

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorite installments in the Star Wars Saga?

Star Wars (1977, dir. George Lucas)
22%
The Empire Strikes Back (1980, dir. Irvin Kershner)
24%
Return of the Jedi (1983, dir. Richard Marquand)
20%
The Phantom Menace (1999, dir. Lucas)
2%
Attack of the Clones (2002, dir. Lucas)
2%
Revenge of the Sith (2005, dir. Lucas)
14%
The Force Awakens (2015, dir. J.J. Abrams)
2%
Rogue One (2016, dir. Gareth Edwards)
7%
The Last Jedi (2017, dir. Rian Johnson)
3%
Solo (2018, dir. Ron Howard)
1%
The Rise of Skywalker (2019, dir. J.J. Abrams)
2%

Total votes: 244

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: The Official Star Wars Saga Thread

Post by Maritonic »

They didn't see the need to destroy it in Return of the Jedi, so I don't see why the need would arise in Ep. IX.

Also, don't get why the Enterprise's fate is relevant to the Falcon's.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

eabaker wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:I'll post more later when I get to my computer but my problem with Snoke isn't that he was nobody it's that he went nowhere.

For a two years he was hyped as being stronger than Vader and Sidious and he was the dark side itself and then he goes down because Kylo Ren who still needs training from him based off TFA kills him.
"Hype" outside the content/context of the narrative shouldn't be of concern to the storytellers.

Snoke was always a secondary character whose significance to the story was and would remain his significance to Kylo Ren. He ended up being an obstacle for Ren to overcome in his own development, another father figure he had to kill off in trying to define himself. He fulfilled his narrative function.
Also, keep in mind that Snoke was not a Sith, just a very strong practitioner of the Dark Side( source - SW:TLJ The Visual Dictionary ). Which certainly explains his deformed appearance: simply USING the Dark Side, results in it twisting you. The Sith knew how to BEND it to their will, which avoids the twisting effect. Shiny eyes and pale skin can occur, but that's rather minor. Ben Solo is the grandson of Darth Vader, who WAS Sith, and now that The Supremacy is his, I think he will find some rather interesting artifacts hidden away, perhaps even some Sith Holocrons? I think he will be calling himself DARTH in the next movie...

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

MandaSaurus wrote: I think he will be calling himself DARTH in the next movie...
Doubtful. In Last Jedi he mentions leaving the Sith in the past and letting them die along with the Jedi Empire all that jazz. So I doubt he'd be likely to bring back any Sith beliefs or traditions.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Jeff-Goldblum1
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum1 »

MandaSaurus wrote: and now that The Supremacy is his
Which half?

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Jeff-Goldblum1 wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote: and now that The Supremacy is his
Which half?
Zing! :) Yeah, the First Order wasn't that huge to begin with (and absurdly-so for their means), but they've suffered some pretty heavy losses lately. At the very least, they should be mostly out of larger-than-Star-Destroyer ships for a few months, at least- and that's assuming they have really fast shipyards for the Supremacy.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI7WyhWZkzk&t=0s
I think you all might take interest.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Loganrules115 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI7WyhWZkzk&t=0s
Well, I'll be damned.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Clone Wars are back and they have rots models.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Maybe it's time I finally finished the show's original run. I was a big fan up until around the time Darth Maul returned. My interest in Star Wars dropped off completely for a few years, there, and I never saw the final episodes...
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Prequel goodness coming through looks like I'll be enjoying more than the Vader comics

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Maritonic wrote:
Doubtful. In Last Jedi he mentions leaving the Sith in the past and letting them die along with the Jedi Empire all that jazz. So I doubt he'd be likely to bring back any Sith beliefs or traditions.

I wish the makers of these movies would commit to that idea themselves. Let the Sith and Jedi die. Why not? Let force users of various kinds flourish. You can still have good and evil and everything in between. That, to me, was the most fascinating concept in the Last Jedi. Alas, nothing will come of it.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:

I wish the makers of these movies would commit to that idea themselves. Let the Sith and Jedi die. Why not? Let force users of various kinds flourish. You can still have good and evil and everything in between. That, to me, was the most fascinating concept in the Last Jedi. Alas, nothing will come of it.
The Sith are gone and Star Wars with no Jedi wouldn't feel right.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

miguelnuva wrote: The Sith are gone and Star Wars with no Jedi wouldn't feel right.

Sure it would. The spinoffs work just fine without Jedi. Of course, I feel like the Jedi have gotten stale anyway so my perspective is admittedly warped.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote: The Sith are gone and Star Wars with no Jedi wouldn't feel right.

Sure it would. The spinoffs work just fine without Jedi. Of course, I feel like the Jedi have gotten stale anyway so my perspective is admittedly warped.
Spinoffs are finding ways to sneak in Force users but I was talking strictly about the episodes.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

I am absolutely 100% okay with this.

This is where the fun begins.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

miguelnuva wrote:
Spinoffs are finding ways to sneak in Force users but I was talking strictly about the episodes.
Yeah, force users. Not Jedi. But fair enough.

DaddlerTheDalek
Monarch Researcher

Post by DaddlerTheDalek »

Yes! :D
Tails wrote:You're watching a Poster!

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

People actually voted for TLJ being a favorite?

SHOW ME WHO YOU ARE! lol

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

ROMG4 wrote:People actually voted for TLJ being a favorite?

SHOW ME WHO YOU ARE! lol
I'm one.

Please, feel free to tell me that I'm "not a real fan" or whatever. I've read it all before.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

eabaker wrote:
ROMG4 wrote:People actually voted for TLJ being a favorite?

SHOW ME WHO YOU ARE! lol
I'm one.

Please, feel free to tell me that I'm "not a real fan" or whatever. I've read it all before.
Oh no I'm totally fine, in fact I'm glad you are actually able to enjoy the movie because I can't

But in all honesty I just can't really stand the movie. I mean even just removing the terrible executed and killed lore, the movie is filled with plot holes, illogical story decision, interesting characters being reduced down to cameos (Phasma has done absolutely nothing in her entire screen time even FW Gigan did more), and just all around inconsistency. Such as the First Order being presented as being absolutely ruthless and uncaring regarding the Stormtroopers in their army, but then faced with the opportunity to crush the Resistance which is apparently the ONLY actual "Resistance (duh dah!) to their invasion of the Galaxy. They refuse to risk 3 Tie-Fighters to destroy the mostly crippled, bridgeless, fighter-less, Flagship of the Resistance and instead decide to waste more time and resources slowly chasing down the Ships rather then just jumping ahead or using some frigging Tie-Fighters from their like 20 Star Destroyers

I mean the movie just made the First Order and it's villains incredibly incompetent and useless. Heck Snoke even said he only keeps Hux around because he's easy to control, pretty much solidifying the fact that he's completely useless and not even at Starscream's level

I mean you can say that the movie "deserves props" by being so "bold" with the IP, but I find that a very poor defense when all it added is basically a remake of the OT. now compare that to the rich library of content the PT offered even though it's actual execution on film was lacking it offered up a entirely new side of the Universe with a rich new pool that was used to great effect in novels such as Darth Plageuis, Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter, and other novels

Comparatively the ST has only offered a downgraded version of the Empire, the New Republic being useless and destroyed in the first half of the first movie, and multiple characters and plot threads not being followed up and likely not going to be followed up on in the film series so they can peddle out novels and shows over the next 3-5 years till we finally get a conclusion we should have received in the film series

You can say it's bold to throw away years of storytelling and tradition that made the series what it is and throw it away in favor of your ideas, but in my opinion I find that to be just plain dumb. It's far more bold to take those years of investment, shine a new light on them, while still keeping it what it is much like how Shin Godzilla did it or even Rogue One

While you can critique the prequels for many, many, things one thing you can't critique is that it at least followed up on it's plot threads and explained the Empire and Sith while leaving a wide berth for the EU stories

I'm over the movie now and simply being ironic regarding my distaste for it

But one last thing

Just why did evil BB-8 have to discover the infiltration group? It would have been perfect for Phasma to discover them but noooooo

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu