The Official Star Wars Saga Thread

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorite installments in the Star Wars Saga?

Star Wars (1977, dir. George Lucas)
22%
The Empire Strikes Back (1980, dir. Irvin Kershner)
24%
Return of the Jedi (1983, dir. Richard Marquand)
20%
The Phantom Menace (1999, dir. Lucas)
2%
Attack of the Clones (2002, dir. Lucas)
2%
Revenge of the Sith (2005, dir. Lucas)
14%
The Force Awakens (2015, dir. J.J. Abrams)
2%
Rogue One (2016, dir. Gareth Edwards)
7%
The Last Jedi (2017, dir. Rian Johnson)
3%
Solo (2018, dir. Ron Howard)
1%
The Rise of Skywalker (2019, dir. J.J. Abrams)
2%

Total votes: 244

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Re: Star Wars

Post by Legionmaster »

RedZillaKing wrote:@Legionmaster- Adi Gallia....
Not human, and thus not black.

EDIT: Nvm, I derped at reading comprehension.

But it still stands that Mace is very clearly one of the most powerful Jedi.
bleep bloop

GojiFan
Gotengo Officer

Post by GojiFan »

RedZillaKing wrote:Citation or it didn't happen.
Shatterpoint by Matthew Stover, aka the same guy who wrote the novelization for Episode III. Windu was easily one of the most powerful jedi ever. It also explains why he so easily beat down Palpatine (using shatterpoints, look that up if you don't know what it is) when Yoda, Kit Fisto, and several other great duelists either failed or died fighting him.
Legionmaster wrote:You can't counter-seduce, women can shut down their libido at will. It's scary fast too. You'll have to do the man version: punch her in the face.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Everyone Jedi is more powerful in the EU RKZ Darth Vader still jumps around like his revenge of the sith counterpart in one novel.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

GojiFan wrote:
RedZillaKing wrote:Citation or it didn't happen.
Shatterpoint by Matthew Stover, aka the same guy who wrote the novelization for Episode III. Windu was easily one of the most powerful jedi ever. It also explains why he so easily beat down Palpatine (using shatterpoints, look that up if you don't know what it is) when Yoda, Kit Fisto, and several other great duelists either failed or died fighting him.
Mace... didn't beat down Palpatine easily. It was all an act. Palpatine needed to seem vulnerable for Anakin to strike Windu. Is there actually a debate as to why everything happened the way it did? Nothing is whst it seems when Palpy's concerned. Mace got played.

Sorry I was unclear Gojifan... I meant citation for Lucas calling the microseries "canon".

GojiFan
Gotengo Officer

Post by GojiFan »

RedZillaKing wrote: Mace... didn't beat down Palpatine easily. It was all an act. Palpatine needed to seem vulnerable for Anakin to strike Windu. Is there actually a debate as to why everything happened the way it did? Nothing is whst it seems when Palpy's concerned. Mace got played.

Sorry I was unclear Gojifan... I meant citation for Lucas calling the microseries "canon".
It only seems that way because Anakin showed up when he did. And no one truly knows if Palpatine was faking it or not. He clearly wasn't just letting himself get beat down, because he killed several of the greatest duelists of the time very quickly.

As for the other comment, he was directly involved in the series. He was both the executive producer and one of two creators of the series. On top of that, he personally created many of the characters and scenarios of the episodes. He also referred to it as "the pilot" to the current animated cartoon in an interview.
Legionmaster wrote:You can't counter-seduce, women can shut down their libido at will. It's scary fast too. You'll have to do the man version: punch her in the face.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GojiFan wrote:
RedZillaKing wrote: Mace... didn't beat down Palpatine easily. It was all an act. Palpatine needed to seem vulnerable for Anakin to strike Windu. Is there actually a debate as to why everything happened the way it did? Nothing is whst it seems when Palpy's concerned. Mace got played.

It only seems that way because Anakin showed up when he did. And no one truly knows if Palpatine was faking it or not. He clearly wasn't just letting himself get beat down, because he killed several of the greatest duelists of the time very quickly.
Palpatine wasn't really getting beat down it was back and forth right in till Mace disarmed Palpatine which is most likley becuase Palapatin since Anakin's arrival.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GojiFan
Gotengo Officer

Post by GojiFan »

miguelnuva wrote:
Palpatine wasn't really getting beat down it was back and forth right in till Mace disarmed Palpatine which is most likley becuase Palapatin since Anakin's arrival.
It was not a back and forth fight. When it first started yes, because Palpatine was killing the others. When it was 1v1 Mace was clearly winning the fight the whole time. And you have literally zero evidence that Palpatine "sensed" Anakin's arrival. He got beat by Windu and Anakin saved him. That is what we visually saw. Anything else is just pure speculation.

Killswitch
G-Force Personnel

Post by Killswitch »

Take Anakin out of the mix, and ultimately Mace would of won. Palpatine couldn't match Windu's light saber skills. In the end, was Palpatine acting weak? Of course he was. That's the only way his plan could work. He was buying time, and knew Anakin would come to his aid.

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

Ugh yeah. That's pretty much it. I love how people take things at face value with Palpatine. That's exactly why the Republic fell. The whole thing was just a big ol' cooinkydink. Naw... naw. All those calculations and schemes taking over a decade to come to fruition and Palps chooses the crucial moment to roll the dice.

Palps tells Anakin he's a Sith >which prompts Anakin to tell Windu> which prompts Windu to gather a team of council members without bringing Anakin>who insists on following anyway (as Palpatine knew he would). Palpatine effortlessly slays the swordsmen Mace trusted to have his back and matches Windu in combat. Mace "defeats" Palpatine prompting the old bastard to use Force Lightning (which he continues to pour on even as it scars him..interesting). Anakin conveniently comes in just as Palps is looking terrible. Palps feigns weakness, Mace comes across as a murderous thug when he insists on killing him and Anakin intervenes. Palpatine then drops the act and annihilates Windu with Force lightning.

And then his hideous appearance convinces the Senate that the Jedi tried to kill him. One hell of a gamble, huh? Either that or an incredibly calculated master plan concocted by someone who can (gasp!) sense the future!

Really people?

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

RedZillaKing wrote:someone who can (gasp!) sense the future!
Uncertain, the future is. Always in motion.
bleep bloop

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

That's the second touche I owe you today.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

As a matter of fact I blame everything after Gerivous's death on Windu if he would have let Anakin go chosen one on Palpatine like he did Dooku order 66 might have never come to.

Lucas says several times that Zone Anakin is 2x Palapatine and Yoda.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by GotengoXGodzilla »

Bumped for miguelnuva.
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Thanks GXG

Anyway here an update on the live action series which is now called Star Wars Underworld

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/star-wars/2 ... s-revealed

http://www.movieweb.com/news/star-wars- ... s-universe

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

As much as many people dislike Lucas, this slightly impresses me- "50 episodes already written"- for a series they have no urgency in producing until the budget becomes feasable? Sounds like he's setting himself up to be the Tupac of movies/TV. Having enough material approved to keep on making Star Wars media long after he's dead.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I hope the "time travel" plot is just a rumor.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

Rody wrote:I hope the "time travel" plot is just a rumor.
Me too, or else I'm going to post a link of Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, and Obi-Wan Kenobi saying their nos.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Star Wars canon & EU have successfully avoided any/all time travel instances until recently that I am aware of (?)(having characters that are long lived often helps) . The EU Novels Crosscurrent & Riptide by Paul Kemp are the first to attempt this. They are not very high on my list of SW novels to read. Hopefully this will not be a often used concept. Star Wars does just fine without Time Travel. Does every fictitious universe need to be a multiverse? NO. This is one of the main reasons I enjoy Star Wars so much. Thankfully from the "cliffnotes" wookiepedia version, it appears to be the story of a Jedi from the Old Republic Era being transported to the future (approx 40 years ABY which is "current" in SW ficiton). Thankfully it appears this character dosen't go back, or try to change anything, or intereact with any of the main characters of the SW universe.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Bret
G-Grasper

Post by Bret »

Could some of you guys tell me some good SW novels? Been really getting into star wars since playing KOTOR on the PC back in December.
Apparently SWTOR said that I can invite 25 people for a 7 day trial of the game. PM me if interested.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

Bret wrote:Could some of you guys tell me some good SW novels? Been really getting into star wars since playing KOTOR on the PC back in December.
Star Wars Revenge of the Sith novel and Approaching Storm are good Star Wars novels.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.