The Official Star Wars Saga Thread

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorite installments in the Star Wars Saga?

Star Wars (1977, dir. George Lucas)
22%
The Empire Strikes Back (1980, dir. Irvin Kershner)
24%
Return of the Jedi (1983, dir. Richard Marquand)
20%
The Phantom Menace (1999, dir. Lucas)
2%
Attack of the Clones (2002, dir. Lucas)
2%
Revenge of the Sith (2005, dir. Lucas)
14%
The Force Awakens (2015, dir. J.J. Abrams)
2%
Rogue One (2016, dir. Gareth Edwards)
7%
The Last Jedi (2017, dir. Rian Johnson)
3%
Solo (2018, dir. Ron Howard)
1%
The Rise of Skywalker (2019, dir. J.J. Abrams)
2%

Total votes: 244

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: The Official Star Wars Saga Thread

Post by Zarm »

Edit: Well, the article already said that. A very good article- and an accurate diagnosis of the growing inability to accept that a sizable group of rational people actually have different beliefs, and seek a scapegoat/alternative explanation instead.

Whatever arguments we may have here, at least we don't seem to have that problem. We can accept that there are different fandoms out there, with numbers on their side just as big as 'ours'.
Last edited by Zarm on Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Zarm wrote:Edit: Well, the article already said that. A very good article- and an accurate diagnosis of the growing inability to accept that a sizable group of rational people actually have different beliefs, and seek a scapegoat/alternative explanation instead.

Whatever arguments we may have here, at least we don't seem to have that problem. We can accept that there are different fandoms out there, with numbers on their side just as big as 'ours'.
Silence, you pinko Trollbot!

EDIT: Ooh! We should make movie about a Trollbot!
Last edited by eabaker on Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

You guys see the Madolorian image yet. On mobile so cant post.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

miguelnuva wrote:You guys see the Madolorian image yet. On mobile so cant post.
Got ya covered.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoBestFriends ... h=d441ca9a

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

That does look pretty awesome. And the location looks authentically Star Wars, which was always a concern for a live-action Star Wars show- being able to capture the feel of the world on a TV budget. (I suspect there'll be a lot more Tatooines and Jakkus than Coruscants and Utapaus). But it also doesn't hurt having Disney doing the bankrolling.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

I dunno if I'm excited for this or not. I don't know if I trust Star Wars these days...
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Got ya covered.

Hello Star Wars 1313

It has been a long time

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

KaijuCanuck wrote:I dunno if I'm excited for this or not. I don't know if I trust Star Wars these days...
Well, I don't trust him either. But he is my friend.

...Errr, I mean; I don't trust... but I do hope. Some of what it does is still good.

Added in 27 seconds:
ROMG4 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
Got ya covered.

Hello Star Wars 1313

It has been a long time
There needs to be a thumbs-up button on this forum. :)

Maranatha!

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

We need figures of The Mandalorian's main character! BTW, most of his armor appears to be durasteel, as it has damage marks, but that helmet( buy'ce, in Mando'a ) - pristine as it is - must be beskar...

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Zarm wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:I dunno if I'm excited for this or not. I don't know if I trust Star Wars these days...
Well, I don't trust him either. But he is my friend.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

My brother and I thought of this, Could star Wars get away with a horror survival film(or game) where a group of younglings are running and hiding from Clones and Darth Vader in the Jedi Temple during operation Knightfall.

We could also see Vader battling Jedi while the kids try to survive. Disney could keep the budget low and Hayden should be the biggest name brought in and it call all be in the Jedi temple.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I think that there’s a chance that only Snoke’s physical form was destroyed if he’s that powerful with the force, he could come back as an evil version of a force ghost.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LegendZilla wrote:I think that there’s a chance that only Snoke’s physical form was destroyed if he’s that powerful with the force, he could come back as an evil version of a force ghost.
I'd honestly love that. We rarely see any Sith ghosts in SW media (or at least to my knowledge/memory of what I've already seen) and it'd be a neat thematic element to have Snoke continue to belittle and demean Kylo from beyond the grave. You could even take it one step further and have it be ambiguous as to whether or not Snoke's ghost is real or just a figment of Kylo's imagination.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

I just saw a teaser trailer for Star Wars: A New Order. If it was fan-made, they did a helluva job on it, cuz it looked pretty authentic. Some guy dressed like Revan was in it, and said, "The Force existed long before the Jedi or the Sith." Anybody know anything about this?

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

MandaSaurus wrote:I just saw a teaser trailer for Star Wars: A New Order. If it was fan-made, they did a helluva job on it, cuz it looked pretty authentic. Some guy dressed like Revan was in it, and said, "The Force existed long before the Jedi or the Sith." Anybody know anything about this?
I mean, in Legends, the Rakata already used the Force, thousands of years before that the Jedi or Sith.
I don't know about canon, thought
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

MandaSaurus wrote:I just saw a teaser trailer for Star Wars: A New Order. If it was fan-made
Considering there hasn't been an official title announcement, and how Disney is about leaks, it's definitely a fan made.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

MandaSaurus wrote:I just saw a teaser trailer for Star Wars: A New Order. If it was fan-made, they did a helluva job on it, cuz it looked pretty authentic. Some guy dressed like Revan was in it, and said, "The Force existed long before the Jedi or the Sith." Anybody know anything about this?
I assume you mean this?

Because...this is so blatantly fake, even ignoring the creator putting "CONCEPT FAN-MADE TRAILER" in the comments. The audio editing is godawful (lines have noise surrounding them, the stock trailer "slam" effects) and the non-official cast shots are too clean to be anything other than fans having fun.

Also nothing really fits together in a cohesive way. It doesn't feel like a continuation from TLJ, just a bunch of semi-related things thrown in with fanservice. I don't know how anyone can even think it's real.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

All right, I finally got Solo watched a little while ago. I actually really enjoyed it. I would say it felt more authentically Star Wars than anything else in the Prequel Era thus far, with a level of subtlety that made it more engaging. By that I mean I wasn't yanked out of the story every five minutes by the movie screaming "LOOK AT THIS AWESOME NOSTALGIC CALLBACK!" and coming across as artificial. This one had its share of fanservice stuff, too, but had the sense to be low-key and intelligent about it. The humor, too, was refreshingly toned down from the laugh-every-few-seconds Marvel-style stuff of the Sequels. And while there was plenty of fighting and the heroes racked up a considerable body count, it felt much more believably risky and hard-fought than Rogue One's superheroes cutting Stormtroopers down like wheat.

I gather that people didn't like the small scale of the events, but again, I found that refreshing. Star Wars has a gargantuan universe, and there's no reason the Force and its fate-of-the-Galaxy machinations have to be directly on display in every film. This story about one mortal man taking his roller coaster first steps toward entering the larger world was plenty of space adventure for me.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

So, it appears that the Star Wars franchise is entering the territory of Dexter or the Norman Bates prequel series, centering a show around handsome and popular-with-real-life-fangirls Cassian Andor, an unethical murderer, in the days most definitively before he changed his evil ways. Which is a strange direction to take; it makes one wonder what could possibly make them think that was a good-

...Ah, that explains it, then.

Maranatha!