The Latest Movie/TV show You Watched Topic 2.0

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Re: The Latest Movie/TV show You Watched Topic 2.0

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

They Live

Absolutely loved it, this movie is one of the most chilling movies I've ever sat through, that's a TRUE horror movie, for sure.
Needs a billion dollar remake
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

In preparation for 'Kong: Skull Island', I'll be watching all but two (76 and 'King Kong Lives') of the King Kong movies throughout the weekend. Earlier, I finished the first film and for the first time, saw 'Son Of Kong' which, while hardly on par with its predecessor, is still fairly entertaining in its own right. And certainly, Hilda's a bit more interesting a female lead character than Ann was.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

The last film I watched was the extended edition of Central Intelligence. I'm currently watching Shin Godzilla.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

The Mummy (1959): 7.5/10

King Kong (1933): 10/10

Son of Kong: 7/10

King Kong vs Godzilla: 8/10

Godzilla (2014): 10/10

Kong: Skull Island: 8/10
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Kong Skull Island (2017):
Spoiler:
I will be quick to the point: this film may not be very deep, but I would rather watch this again than 2014 Godzilla. This film is purely entertainment and I think that is okay. I enjoyed the fun, humorous atmosphere of the film. Besides Samuel L. Jackson and John C. Reilly, the cast is largely forgettable and play fairly basic roles. The two actors I just mentioned are the stars of the show and in their own ways, rival King Kong's screen presence. The monster fights are great and I think the movie is successful in creating a new story for King Kong. The film also sets up Godzilla: King of the Monsters well and I am hyped for the next film in this universe. In comparison to Godzilla 2014, I think this is the superior film with its pacing and wow factor. I can see myself rewatching this movie a few times while I have only watched Godzilla 2014 two or three times since I saw it in theaters. I recommend that you all go see it and support this universe in hopes that we can get more movies.
Final Rating: 6.5/10

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

The first episode of the new season of Samurai Jack, really good so far. And violent.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

The first episodes of Ultraman Nexus. It's awesome.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Moana. It stumbled at a few points and didn't do enough with some of its ideas, but was very entertaining overall. How Far I'll Go is going to be stuck in my head for a while, I think.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Your Name.

You know how sometimes you can get all hyped about something and then the final product just doesn't live up to that?
Yeah, Your Name. wasn't like that at all. :P
Seriously, Makoto Shinkai has created a masterpiece with this film. It's jaw-droppingly gorgeous in Shinkai's signature way, it's cleverly scripted, and it's an absolute emotional ride. I laughed, I cried (well, no, but my stomach was in a knot), I was utterly tense - this film delivers a story as intimate as it is grand, and it just hit all the right notes for me.
Grade: A.

ZinK
Interpol Agent

Post by ZinK »

The Void
This movie was pretty hyped up and I was pretty excited for it. Seemed like a nice throwback to John Carpenter films, which is one of my favorite directors. But this movie didn't do it for me, the practical effects were sick but the movie as a whole felt kind of meh. Nothing to special, but definitely not bad.
c a k e e v e r y n i g h t

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Kong Skull Island.

It was decent, but I liked G14 much more. There were a lot of missed opportunities and frustrating narrative decisions in KSI that drag it down. As far as Kong movies go however this was an excellent change of pace for the character. I hope the Monsterverse gives us more Kong-centric films down the line.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Logan. Fun, brutal, emotional. Right the very end, I loved it.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

White: The Melody of the Curse, South Korean film, it shares some similarities with The Ring, yet the premise is very interesting and the whole movie is surprisingly cool. Not a masterpiece, but I can totally recommend it.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

After binge watching NCIS from season 1 to 12.. I took a long break. Got back at it last night.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

I just watched Meet the Feebles for the fourth time (god knows why) and it's now one of my favorite films. I must be a really sick man.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

TyrantGojira wrote:I just watched Meet the Feebles for the fourth time (god knows why) and it's now one of my favorite films. I must be a really sick man.
On a magic night, When the way you feel, Is a mystery, It will be revealed....

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

Planet 51

Good movie. :lol:
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

Latest tv additions:

TBS's 'Street Fighter V Invitational' (Though I missed one episode, and I may drop it all together since I found out Blanka isn't part of the 'SF V' roster)

Season 2 of 'Attack On Titan'

Final Season of 'River Monsters' (Boy is Jeremy gonna be missed when it's over)

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Aw man I didn't know this was gonna be the final season. It's the only good show Discovery/Animal Planet still has!
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Futurian

Post by 3000 »

What We Do In The Shadows

Lots of belly laughs from this film. Greatly enjoyed. 8/10
Member of TK Since 2006