Movies M.I.A on blu-ray

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
kingkevzilla88
Interpol Agent

Re: Movies M.I.A on blu-ray

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:28 pm

Joseph Goodman wrote:I just want peplums to get the same Blu-ray treatment every other Italian exploitation trash genre has received

Good news for you then, Hercules in the Haunted World is getting a blu-ray.

One of the films on my list is getting putt out by Vinegar Syndrome. The Viking themed slasher movie, Berserker. Just after the day I said it need one, it happened. What are the chances?

MM Raids Again
Futurian

Postby MM Raids Again » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:41 am

Two more old VHS favorites that are missing DVD and Blu-Ray treatments...

Edit: Oh, and this little gem featuring a segment by our own kaiju legend Kaneko.

Last edited by MM Raids Again on Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Did you miss me?

o.supreme
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby o.supreme » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:30 am

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Also The Abyss and True Lies need HD releases as well.

Oddly enough, I just found about this not too long ago, apparently James Cameron wants to personally oversee any HD conversion of his films (would definitely be SHD/4K or whatever is the best available now). But of course he is too busy now with endless Avatar sequels, so who knows when these will ever be available :roll: .
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

kingkevzilla88
Interpol Agent

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:27 am

Here's a almost completely forgot movie that's coming to blu-ray before True Lies. The Amazing Mr. No Legs!

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=25740

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:12 pm

Death Machine, Split Second, Arena, The Giant Claw, and Godzilla 1985 are the big ones. Split Second is available in the UK but I want a domestic release.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

realinvaderdesign
Yojimbo

Postby realinvaderdesign » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:08 am

Looks like kongas getting a December release, finally the gorgo disc has a friend

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07Y98L3QC/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

kingkevzilla88
Interpol Agent

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:00 am

So, Eegah is coming to blu-ray at the end of November with a 4K restoration and will have the MST3K version.

Criterion has a brand new remaster of War of the Worlds, in their steaming channel. So, if what they did with the shows Godzilla films is any indercation, we could be getting a blu-ray release some time soon.

mikelcho
Interpol Agent

Postby mikelcho » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:50 am

The films that I want to get on home video, DVD and/or Blu-ray, are Cheaper to Keep Her (1981) and the director's cut of Phase IV (1974) with the recently re-discovered nine minutes of missing footage that was originally at the end put back in the master film where it belongs, so that it'll be in every print...and then ensured that it stays there once and for all.
Last edited by mikelcho on Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Media Center”