Movies M.I.A on blu-ray

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Re: Movies M.I.A on blu-ray

Post by Chrispy_G »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:The original Dawn of the Dead. Let me tell you it was a skreeonk and a half trying to track down the DVD for my collection – the 2004 remake has all but overshadowed it.
https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-t ... 52820-1600
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Yes Split Second is finally coming out here in the states on Bluray. About time. 2 different cuts as well. Based on a brand new 4K transfer.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Split-Se ... ay/238439/
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Here's a bunch of golden age horror films from Paramount, that aren't DVD or Blu-ray.

MURDER BY THE CLOCK
TERROR ABOARD
THE WITCHING HOUR
MENACE
DOUBLE DOOR
THE MAD DOCTOR
AMONG THE LIVING
THE MAN IN HALF MOON STREET
THE UNSEEN

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:The original Dawn of the Dead. Let me tell you it was a bitch and a half trying to track down the DVD for my collection – the 2004 remake has all but overshadowed it.
It's OOP. I got one of the only copies left on Amazon for $108 after tax & shipping, and the next one is currently selling for $160 before tax & shipping. Easy to see why no one's coughing up the dough for that one. :lol:
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:Here's a bunch of golden age horror films from Paramount, that aren't DVD or Blu-ray.

MURDER BY THE CLOCK
TERROR ABOARD
THE WITCHING HOUR
MENACE
DOUBLE DOOR
THE MAD DOCTOR
AMONG THE LIVING
THE UNSEEN
Wouldn't those be with Universal today? Universal is notorious for ignoring catalog titles, especially as obscure as those.
Last edited by Terasawa on Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Terasawa wrote:
kingkevzilla88 wrote:Here's a bunch of golden age horror films from Paramount, that aren't DVD or Blu-ray.

MURDER BY THE CLOCK
TERROR ABOARD
THE WITCHING HOUR
MENACE
DOUBLE DOOR
THE MAD DOCTOR
AMONG THE LIVING
THE UNSEEN
Wouldn't those be with Universal today? Universal is notorious for ignoring catalog titles, especially as obscure as those.
It could be that Universal dose own them or that they've fallen into the public domain as I can't find a VHS release of them. So I think that it's been roughly 80 years since some of these films were released and with no home media releases, the copyright could have fallen.

The only official release I was a soundtrack CD for The Man In Half Moon Street.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Not sure if you're up-to-speed, but all Miramax titles are now, I shouldn't say M.I.A., but OOP as a result of the Viacom/CBS merger. It's too bad because I've been meaning to pick up The Crow and Scream on Blu-Ray. Here's hoping Paramount rereleases them.

Oh and The Abyss was reported to be getting a Blu-Ray/4K release as far back as a year ago and nothing has come of it yet.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

I know this is an MIA Blu Ray thread....but in lieu of knowing about another more appropriate thread....

We are apparently going to get Psycho an other Hitchcock films on 4K later this year, and just as Arrow got Pitch Black for 4K....they are apparently going to put Inglourious Basterds on 4K as well.

Say what you will about Universal sort of showing ONLY their Triple A titles the best home market treatment....but I like how willing they are to license their films out to Home Media companies who are able and willing to give them royal treatment.

Scream Factory got Dawn of the Dead and Drag Me to Hell. Arrow gets Pitch Black, Sixteen Candles, and evidently Inglourious Basterds and Chronicles of Riddick. Criterion got Breakfast Club.

So here's hoping any lingering Universal titles can get sub-licensed for Blu Ray or 4K releases in the near future.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

KManX89 wrote:Not sure if you're up-to-speed, but all Miramax titles are now, I shouldn't say M.I.A., but OOP as a result of the Viacom/CBS merger. It's too bad because I've been meaning to pick up The Crow and Scream on Blu-Ray. Here's hoping Paramount rereleases them.

Oh and The Abyss was reported to be getting a Blu-Ray/4K release as far back as a year ago and nothing has come of it yet.
Boy, am I glad I got that Echo Bridge Godzilla vs. Biollante Blu-ray when I did! (thanks again, Michael (deadman31)!)
Last edited by mikelcho on Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

I'm surprised that no mentioned these, as they really do need a blu-ray release.

Rodan
The Mysterians
Half-Human
Varan
The Human Vapor
The Secret Of The Telegian
The Last War
Gorath
Matango
Atragon
Dogora
Frankenstein Conquers the World
War Of The Gargantuas
Latitude Zero
Space Amoeba
The X From Outer Space
The Yokai Trilogy

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:I'm surprised that no mentioned these, as they really do need a blu-ray release.

Rodan
The Mysterians
Half-Human
Varan
The Human Vapor
The Secret Of The Telegian
The Last War
Gorath
Matango
Atragon
Dogora
Frankenstein Conquers the World
War Of The Gargantuas
Latitude Zero
Space Amoeba
The X From Outer Space
The Yokai Trilogy
Rodan, Mysterians, Matango, Atragon, Frankenstein Conquers the World, War of the Gargantuas, and X from Outer Space all have Blu-ray releases in Japan.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

And Spook Warfare was a bonus feature on a French (?) Blu-ray release of Miike's reboot, so it's technically not MIA on Blu-ray.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

I meant an English language release. The old DVD releases are all out of print and go for stupid money.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:I meant an English language release. The old DVD releases are all out of print and go for stupid money.
Most of the Tokyo Shock releases can still be found for under $35 on Amazon and the like.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

KManX89 wrote: Oh and The Abyss was reported to be getting a Blu-Ray/4K release as far back as a year ago and nothing has come of it yet.
James Cameron gets final approval on the transfer and he keeps putting it off. The Disney buyout of Fox probably doesn't help matters any. Same goes for True Lies.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
kingkevzilla88 wrote:I meant an English language release. The old DVD releases are all out of print and go for stupid money.
Most of the Tokyo Shock releases can still be found for under $35 on Amazon and the like.
Well, last I looked they where going for 4 times that.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Regardless, a number of those films *are* available on Blu-ray, and there are other ways to obtain all of them. They don’t really belong in this discussion.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Paramount is finally releasing Roman Holiday, the '50s romance flick starring Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck, on Blu-ray - one of the most conspicuously absent from the format classic Hollywood films.

Godzilla fans should be interested in it because it was a huge hit in Japan and an enormous favorite of Ishiro Honda, who adored Hepburn and based the princess traveling incognito element of Ghidorah TTHM on this movie.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Happy that the uncut original theatrical version of Psycho is FINALLY dropping on Blu Ray come September. The difference between the theatrical and 'uncut' version literally amounts to just a few seconds of spicy material(A character beginning to remove a bra, extra close ups of blood on hands, a few extra stab-motions with the actual stabbing still off-screen).....material that was deemed a bit too much back then after initial screenings....but is still incredibly tame by modern standards.

Either way, it is Hitchcock's original vision, with the extra 'edge' that he originally pictured. That's the version I want.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

^ Is that a part of the new 4K release?