The Disney Thread.

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: The Disney Thread.

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

_JNavs_ wrote:While it is the biggest of the animated films, this one, from what we're hearing at least, does absolutely nothing different to deviate itself from the source material and is a complete reskin of the animated film, except it feels bland, emotionless, soulless and uncanny.
Couldn't describe it any better. More the reason these lifeless live-action remakes shouldn't exist to begin with.

Especially when they can simply re-release the animated classics but enhanced.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:While it is the biggest of the animated films, this one, from what we're hearing at least, does absolutely nothing different to deviate itself from the source material and is a complete reskin of the animated film, except it feels bland, emotionless, soulless and uncanny.
Couldn't describe it any better. More the reason these lifeless live-action remakes shouldn't exist to begin with.

Especially when they can simply re-release the animated classics but enhanced.
They did re-release it a couple years ago in 3D. Re-releases don't have the same draw as new ones.

I don't think anyone is denying that this is a pointless re-animated (pun intended) shell of the original. This was *the* movie of my life when I was growing up, it's all I cared about for years. So, I get it. But it's still going to make a ton of money because a very large group of people simply do not care and are happy with "more Lion King". My wife is one of those people; she adores the original just as much as you or I do, but she doesn't care. It's Lion King. She still wants to see it.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Maritonic wrote:They did re-release it a couple years ago in 3D. Re-releases don't have the same draw as new ones.

I don't think anyone is denying that this is a pointless re-animated (pun intended) shell of the original. This was *the* movie of my life when I was growing up, it's all I cared about for years. So, I get it. But it's still going to make a ton of money because a very large group of people simply do not care and are happy with "more Lion King". My wife is one of those people; she adores the original just as much as you or I do, but she doesn't care. It's Lion King. She still wants to see it.
Regardless of how I feel about these movies. I can't change anyone's mind never the less. If they enjoy these films more power to them such as your wife. All I can do is respect their opinion.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Maritonic wrote:They did re-release it a couple years ago in 3D. Re-releases don't have the same draw as new ones.

Regardless of how I feel about these movies. I can't change anyone's mind never the less. If they enjoy these films more power to them such as your wife. All I can do is respect their opinion.
Believe me, I'm with you (more or less) on this. I'm not a fan of how the film looks aesthetically, how the performances sound, or how the animation looks. In addition to some other choices they made. But, at the end of the day, what can you do? Not see it and move on, that's really all you can do.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Maritonic wrote:Believe me, I'm with you (more or less) on this. I'm not a fan of how the film looks aesthetically, how the performances sound, or how the animation looks. In addition to some other choices they made. But, at the end of the day, what can you do? Not see it and move on, that's really all you can do.
Aye, that is true unfortunately. Nice to know though I'm not the only one here.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I don't blame Jon for the film looking bleak, Jungle Book's animals have pretty good articulation. Whoever was in charge of making the characters probably thought "well the're real animals, you can't see much expression in real animals!"... even though it's Disney so you can show as much as you wan't.
Last edited by Gigantis on Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Lion King is tracking to match Infinity War numbers, I think it catches Jrassic World when it's finished.

Also I guess critics just don't like movies about animal kings rising.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

miguelnuva wrote:Lion King is tracking to match Infinity War numbers, I think it catches Jrassic World when it's finished.
Well that's depressing.

I hate that Disney is being rewarded for this trash heap. Means this won't end any time soon.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Lion King is tracking to match Infinity War numbers, I think it catches Jrassic World when it's finished.
Well that's depressing.

I hate that Disney is being rewarded for this trash heap. Means this won't end any time soon.
Don't you think you're taking all this a little too personally?
They're just movies at the end of the day.
And besides if Disney wanted a "soulless cashgrab" they could have just release the original Lion King in a shiny new blue-ray box. Instead there's a ton of people who had worked tirelessly to make this movie for kids (and adults)that didn't grow up with the original.
Last edited by ScootaVaran on Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Every little bit helps guys! If you want Disney to stop with these lifeless cash grabbing remakes then show your support by watching the animated classics at home! That's what I'll be doing next week on the 19th with this film.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

ScootaVaran wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Well that's depressing.

And besides if Disney wanted a "soulless cashgrab" they could have just release the original Lion King in a shiny new blue-ray box. Instead there's a ton of people who had worked tirelessly to make this movie for kids (and adults)that didn't grow up with the original.
I mean there pretty well known for doing that to. Especially when there's another film on the block (though this did help drive audiance's away from... worse movies)

And i do get people worked hard on this movie, if they just copied the original shot for shot, then that's just being lazy. Still i think "trash heap " is overexaggerating, if you want a REAL cinema trash-heap, force yourself through The Emoji Movie.

Added in 1 minute 36 seconds:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Every little bit helps guys! If you want Disney to stop with these lifeless cash grabbing remakes then show your support by watching the animated classics at home! That's what I'll be doing next week on the 19th with this film.
well it's a couple hundred at best... versus a million.... yeah we're gonna lose hard.

And i lost my old DVD a while ago ( :( ) and i'm saving my money on a new game.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Every little bit helps guys! If you want Disney to stop with these lifeless cash grabbing remakes then show your support by watching the animated classics at home! That's what I'll be doing next week on the 19th with this film.
Friend, you've beaten a dead horse, you've become a drinking game and now your a myth we tell to scare kids. I'm sure everyone knows you think the live action Disney films are the scum of the Earth.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

ScootaVaran wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Well that's depressing.

These films are partially responsible for the disappearance of traditional animation in cinema due to the horrible message they represent to the public: "the animated version is just silly and for kids, now watch it in live action without embarrassment; this version is for big boys and girls!"

They disrespect an entire medium of film, they disrespect those who worked hard to create the originals by plagiarizing their work, and they disrespect their audience by expecting them to buy into this exploitive strategy (and they're proven right time and time again.) And, worst of all, they are helping to ensure traditional animation stays dead, irrelevant, and forgotten.

I'm not taking this too personally. I just see these remakes for what they are.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
ScootaVaran wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Well that's depressing.

These films are partially responsible for the disappearance of traditional animation in cinema due to the horrible message they represent to the public: "the animated version is just silly and for kids, now watch it in live action without embarrassment; this version is for big boys and girls!"

They disrespect an entire medium of film, they disrespect those who worked hard to create the originals by plagiarizing their work, and they disrespect their audience by expecting them to buy into this exploitive strategy (and they're proven right time and time again.) And, worst of all, they are helping to ensure traditional animation stays dead, irrelevant, and forgotten.

how do you plagiarize your own IP? also i guess i'm the only one who doesn't really care about if 2D animation makes a comeback nowadays. I't be really cool to see but if it's dead, it's dead, you can't change history.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Watching Disney movies to pwn Disney. It's foolproof.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:
ScootaVaran wrote:

how do you plagiarize your own IP? also i guess i'm the only one who doesn't really care about if 2D animation makes a comeback nowadays. I't be really cool to see but if it's dead, it's dead, you can't change history.
Nope, you're not the only one. I've noticed that the things I loved in the 2D animation world was the writing, acting, and music. I've seen plenty of 3D animated films that have been just as good, and plenty of 2D animated films that have sucked. It's not the type of animation, it's the quality of storytelling that matters.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Jesus did a Disney exec pork your mom? You're taking this way to personally for a nearly 30 year old man

Saansilt
Futurian

Post by Saansilt »

Disney is doing this to have a version of Lion King they don’t have to pay the original crew royalties for.
Gawdziller wrote:I fully endorse this comment.
Chris55 wrote: Anyone else hear Groundskeeper Willie when they read that?
My One Shot, "That Which was Before":
http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22367

GODZILLA LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE!
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25688

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: These films are partially responsible for the disappearance of traditional animation in cinema due to the horrible message they represent to the public: "the animated version is just silly and for kids, now watch it in live action without embarrassment; this version is for big boys and girls!"

Disney has never forgotten where they came from. They've always had respect for their past animated films. (Well, maybe not all of them) Disney is not Geoge Lucas who did disrespect all the hard work people put into making his movies.

Your 2d animated movies aren't going anywhere. Trust me.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

ScootaVaran wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote: These films are partially responsible for the disappearance of traditional animation in cinema due to the horrible message they represent to the public: "the animated version is just silly and for kids, now watch it in live action without embarrassment; this version is for big boys and girls!"

Disney has never forgotten where they came from. They've always had respect for their past animated films. (Well, maybe not all of them) Disney is not Geoge Lucas who did disrespect all the hard work people put into making his movies.

Your 2d animated movies aren't going anywhere. Trust me.
This statement is ironic considering what Disney did to Star Wars.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image