Page 1 of 7

General movies/Hollywood thread.

Posted: Thu May 02, 2019 6:07 am
by Rhedosaurus

Re: General movies/Hollywood thread.

Posted: Thu May 02, 2019 4:09 pm
by GodzillaFan1990's
That's a big step on Sony's part because she was an idiot to begin with. If they keep this up Sony should finally be getting their poop back together for once.

Re: General movies/Hollywood thread.

Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:25 am
by Rhedosaurus
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:That's a big step on Sony's part because she was an idiot to begin with. If they keep this up Sony should finally be getting their poop back together for once.


To be fair, the past few years after 2016 have been pretty solid for Sony. The Jumanji reboot/sequel was a great success and last year was a nice year for them too.

Re: General movies/Hollywood thread.

Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 12:49 pm
by GodzillaFan1990's
Rhedosaurus wrote:To be fair, the past few years after 2016 have been pretty solid for Sony. The Jumanji reboot/sequel was a great success and last year was a nice year for them too.

I'm probably alone in having hated that film especially some of the stupid humor like "I'll die if I eat cake!". Nothing like the original Jumanji. It could had been called something else and they only used the name to cash in on its success.

Also didn't like Venom either. Making it PG-13 was a big mistake to begin with.

Re: General movies/Hollywood thread.

Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:18 pm
by SoggyNoodles2016
OK.

3 things, 90s.

1. Sony didn't fire Pascal. She just left to work somewhere else. I'm glad she's gone but it's not like she got kicked out.

2. You always use that example. That's like........one bad joke. that doesn't kill a movie.

3. PG-13 rating is the THE LEAST of Venom's problems

just a few quick comments.

Re: General movies/Hollywood thread.

Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:27 pm
by GodzillaFan1990's
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:OK.

3 things, 90s.

1. Sony didn't fire Pascal. She just left to work somewhere else. I'm glad she's gone but it's not like she got kicked out.

2. You always use that example. That's like........one bad joke. that doesn't kill a movie.

3. PG-13 rating is the THE LEAST of Venom's problems

just a few quick comments.

Where were you getting the idea I was saying she got fired? I knew she left and that's for the better.

I also know. I was just making an example. I'd say more but don't want to come across repetitive.

Same as what I said above. I'm aware the PG-13 rating wasn't the only problem.

Re: General movies/Hollywood thread.

Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:47 pm
by SoggyNoodles2016
OK, all fair. its cool if you're a little repetitive to explain.

also, some of your posts seemed to be acting like Sony fired her. My bad

Re: General movies/Hollywood thread.

Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:50 pm
by KManX89
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:That's a big step on Sony's part because she was an idiot to begin with. If they keep this up Sony should finally be getting their poop back together for once.


Nope, Avi Arad needs to go, too.

It's a step in the right direction, though.

Re: General movies/Hollywood thread.

Posted: Sat May 04, 2019 1:53 pm
by Kaiju-King42
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:To be fair, the past few years after 2016 have been pretty solid for Sony. The Jumanji reboot/sequel was a great success and last year was a nice year for them too.

I'm probably alone in having hated that film especially some of the stupid humor like "I'll die if I eat cake!". Nothing like the original Jumanji. It could had been called something else and they only used the name to cash in on its success.


No, you're not the only one.

I am a HUGE fan of Junanji.

That movie? That was not Jumanji. That was a spoof more than anything.

Re: General movies/Hollywood thread.

Posted: Sat May 04, 2019 2:00 pm
by MikeSTZillak
Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle was awesome.

Re: General movies/Hollywood thread.

Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:26 am
by Rhedosaurus
KManX89 wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:That's a big step on Sony's part because she was an idiot to begin with. If they keep this up Sony should finally be getting their poop back together for once.


Nope, Avi Arad needs to go, too.

It's a step in the right direction, though.


Arad does need to go, but it will take something massive to take him down. Much like how the Sony leeks forced Sony to basically demote Pascal. A bit of a shame too, since they were both successful people in the past. Now, Amy Pascal is that old woman who's trying to be hip and cool, only to fail. Arad is just a washed up has-been who no longer gets it anymore.

Re: General movies/Hollywood thread.

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:40 am
by KManX89
Apparenently, the new Netflix horror film, The Perfection is drawing a lot of negative buzz for being "disturbing and gross". Here's just a few of the reactions on Twitter:

Image

Image

Image

People should watch Captivity on HBO Go if they have it if they want to see a movie that's gross just for the sake of it (torture porn).

And I'm all for intense, violent and gory R-rated flicks as long as they have heart. Movies that are made gross/gory just for the sake of being gross/gory (torture porn) is where I draw the line. Movies like this (Hostel for example) are usually terrible movies even looking past the whole gross-out factor.

Re: General movies/Hollywood thread.

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:29 am
by kingkevzilla88

Re: General movies/Hollywood thread.

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:56 am
by Rhedosaurus

Re: General movies/Hollywood thread.

Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:22 am
by KManX89


LOL, if you thought Truth or Dare (a movie with a horror concept that actually works, but was piss-poorly executed) was bad, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Seriously, how TF will that work as a horror movie? Who in their right mind thought this was a good idea for a horror film? :lol:

Re: General movies/Hollywood thread.

Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:14 am
by GodzillaFan1990's
Guys. I think we've found a movie that's dethroned Bye Bye Man in terms of ridiculousness.

Dafaq is an horror movie about and 8 ball suppose to work? :lol:

Re: General movies/Hollywood thread.

Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:06 am
by tyrantgoji
an 8 ball horror movie?! did the people who greenlit this even listen to the concept of the movie?

Re: General movies/Hollywood thread.

Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:30 pm
by kingkevzilla88
tyrantgoji wrote:an 8 ball horror movie?! did the people who greenlit this even listen to the concept of the movie?


Ask again later.

I think at this point they'll make anything into a horror movie.

Re: General movies/Hollywood thread.

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:13 am
by Julia Bristow
A horror movie about an 8ball? :eh: Y'know at this point Hollywood would try to make ANYTHING into a horror film. What's next a movie about killer cats? :lol:

Re: General movies/Hollywood thread.

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:37 am
by Tyrant_Lizard_King
We already had a decent killer cat story, Tales from the Darkside: The Movie. I mean its got Buster Poindexter as a mob hitman!