General movies/Hollywood thread.

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Re: General movies/Hollywood thread.

Post by Rhedosaurus »

LegendZilla wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
I have been fascinated by by company mergers and acquisitions for a long time.
As you should be. Viacom has at least $1 billion in debt, their stock worth is barely worth anything, and their movie arm, Paramount is somewhere between $12-$15 billion in debt and with stale IP's to boot. Viacom needed this far more then CBS did.
Do you mind if we discuss mergers/acquisitions on this forums at any given time? If so, what ones to do you feasibly happening in the future? I imagine that within the next decade, Netflix is gonna take a serious beating from competition in the streaming market. As a result it could loose a considerable amount of money, leaving them with the decision to let themselves be bought out. If so, who do you think could buy them? If not Disney then certainly Universal.

As long as it doesn't become excessive, then I have no problem at all. :)

And yes, I do see Netflix going down or being absorbed. As it stands now, they have over $8 billion in debt. Disney has devoured enough companies by now so either Universal or a revived/basically brand new Paramount will buy them.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Rhedosaurus wrote: And yes, I do see Netflix going down or being absorbed. As it stands now, they have over $8 billion in debt. Disney has devoured enough companies by now so either Universal or a revived/basically brand new Paramount will buy them.
I started a thread a while back dedicated to discussing mergers and acquisitions. I don't know if whether or not it's been taken down, but would you mind if I started another one?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LegendZilla wrote: I started a thread a while back dedicated to discussing mergers and acquisitions. I don't know if whether or not it's been taken down, but would you mind if I started another one?
How about you take some time and actually search for the thread first?

Also, why are you asking him permission to make a thread? He's not a staff member. What is he going to say, no?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

UltramanGoji wrote:
LegendZilla wrote: I started a thread a while back dedicated to discussing mergers and acquisitions. I don't know if whether or not it's been taken down, but would you mind if I started another one?
How about you take some time and actually search for the thread first?

Also, why are you asking him permission to make a thread? He's not a staff member. What is he going to say, no?
I looked and I could not find it. For now I am going to assume it has been deleted.

*edit*

Never mind, found it. https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... s#p1537435
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Scarlett Johansson continues to defend Woody Allen.

https://www.usnews.com/news/entertainme ... elieve-him

This guy married his step-daughter, made a pro child-pedo movie 10 years ago, and yet Scarlett not believes the guy is innocent, but accuses James Franco for being a prevert when the evidence against him is far more shaky? :eh: :eh: :eh:

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Rhedosaurus wrote:Scarlett Johansson continues to defend Woody Allen.

https://www.usnews.com/news/entertainme ... elieve-him

This guy married his step-daughter, made a pro child-pedo movie 10 years ago, and yet Scarlett not believes the guy is innocent, but accuses James Franco for being a prevert when the evidence against him is far more shaky? :eh: :eh: :eh:
IKR? It's not like she's already hurt her image with whitewashing and ciswashing or anything. This is not a good look for her at all.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

It'll be a cold day in hell before I give a shit about what celebrities think about other celebrities.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Meh Scarjo is still cool in my book, this isn't high school anymore, why tf do we still care what people think?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

ScarJo is woke until it's someone they know lol
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

_JNavs_ wrote:Meh Scarjo is still cool in my book, this isn't high school anymore, why tf do we still care what people think?
Because she's defending a man who 10 years ago made a pro child-pedo movie. That's not far away from becoming a friend of Victor Slava.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

What was Allen's "pro child-pedo movie"?
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Terasawa wrote:What was Allen's "pro child-pedo movie"?
It was his 2009 movie, Whatever Works.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

UltramanGoji wrote:It'll be a cold day in hell before I give a poop about what celebrities think about other celebrities.
It'll be a cold day in hell before I give a shit about what celebrities think at all. From there opinions on other celebrities, there political opinions. They like to think there opinions matter more or there more important because there famous but in reality the only opinion that matters is our own.

We pay to see them because they entertain us, not to hear there opinions and views. They need to shut up and do what there being paid to do entertain us not express there views and opinions because it doesn't matter a damn bit. I wish someone in Hollywood would kick them right in there ego.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Terasawa wrote:What was Allen's "pro child-pedo movie"?
It was his 2009 movie, Whatever Works.
I haven't seen it but the Wikipedia synopsis describes it basically as a much older man falling for a 21 year old girl (they don't end up together). That's certainly an unconventional (and arguably gross) relationship but unless you're referring to something else I'm not sure how that promotes pedophilia.
XxComablack1937xX wrote:We pay to see them because they entertain us, not to hear there opinions and views. They need to shut up and do what there being paid to do entertain us not express there views and opinions because it doesn't matter a damn bit. I wish someone in Hollywood would kick them right in there ego.
That's right, you pay to see them entertain you in a movie theater. Their political opinions are expressed elsewhere. You're not paying to read interviews of Scarlett Johansson in which she talks about her personal beliefs so your point is kind of moot.

They have every right to express their opinions as you or I. The difference is they have a platform to do so other than the Toho Kingdom forums.
Last edited by Terasawa on Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

We voted a freaking reality TV star to become our president. I think Johansson has every right to voice her opinion.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Nobody is saying that she doesn't. She should probably have a good opinion though.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

I think Johansson has every right to voice her opinion.
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Nobody is saying that she doesn't.
They need to shut up and do what there being paid to do entertain us not express there views and opinions because it doesn't matter a damn bit.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Whoops, my bad! :^(

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Yeah, but screw that guy. He doesn't know what he's talking about as Terasawa explained.

The point is Scarlet Johansen is defending a known pedophile. There should be repercussions.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."