Movies or TV shows you want to see happen?

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: Movies or TV shows you want to see happen?

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

LegendZilla wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
How the skreeonk is it that what Fox did with both Galactus and Deadpool back in the day are Universaly reviled, yet half the time, people such as yourself are A-Ok with the Mandarin twist? Are you all just suckers for plot twists?
1. Don't be a dick.
2. Not everyone is ok with it, it's just wanting to reboot a franchsie that has been going on for 11 years, and trying to replicate all of it from characters, income, and actually making audiences cares just to redo a one-off villan they didn't adapt well is stupid. That honestly sounds like a joke about comic book fans.
I have several beefs with how the MCU handled certain things.
K.

Why restart it all over again when you can just fix this in the movies?

RIP Evan.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
1. Don't be a dick.
2. Not everyone is ok with it, it's just wanting to reboot a franchsie that has been going on for 11 years, and trying to replicate all of it from characters, income, and actually making audiences cares just to redo a one-off villan they didn't adapt well is stupid. That honestly sounds like a joke about comic book fans.
K.

Why restart The Batman series after Batman and Robin?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LegendZilla wrote:
Because Batman and Robin was a critical and modest commercial failure, two things which haven't happened to the MCU yet...?

Honestly, what are you even trying to say here?

SoggyNoodles2016

LegendZilla wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
K.

Batman and Robin didn't have 10 better sequels made after it. ;)

RIP Evan.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

LegendZilla wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
K.

Because those movies flopped, and the MCU remains wildly successful. Also there is a significant qualitative difference between a series of four films, and a gigantic, multi-faceted, intricate cinematic universe project like the MCU.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Or the fact the MCU has a largely thought out plan while Fox was basically making things up as they went along (kinda like DC).
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I'd honestly be down for an alternate history manga/anime where during World War II as Japan is on the losing edge the Japanese Gods suddenly appear coming to their aid eventually and most likely leading to a Japanese dominated world thanks to them.

That'd be pretty wicked to see.

Someone admit it. I can't be the only one who had thought of this idea.

Added in 19 hours 17 minutes 8 seconds:
Surprised this hadn't been done or at least to my knowledge but a movie where in the near future scientists managing to successfully have a human woman (Who volunteered for it) to give birth to a pure bred neanderthal who starts off his life in a facility until being revealed to the public and integrated into society.

It would work great for a Sci-Fi/Drama with the whole theme of Man vs. Society/Man vs. Self. :)
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I'd honestly be down for an alternate history manga/anime where during World War II as Japan is on the losing edge the Japanese Gods suddenly appear coming to their aid eventually and most likely leading to a Japanese dominated world thanks to them.

That'd be pretty wicked to see.

Someone admit it. I can't be the only one who had thought of this idea.

Added in 19 hours 17 minutes 8 seconds:
Surprised this hadn't been done or at least to my knowledge but a movie where in the near future scientists managing to successfully have a human woman (Who volunteered for it) to give birth to a pure bred neanderthal who starts off his life in a facility until being revealed to the public and integrated into society.

It would work great for a Sci-Fi/Drama with the whole theme of Man vs. Society/Man vs. Self. :)

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

With my passion for killer animal flicks/natural horror films. I'd like to see one on the short-faced bear (Arctodus simus).

Doesn't even need an in-depth premise. Simply my idea are these hunters in Northern Canada only to find themselves being terrorized by a prehistoric bear thought to had died out during the Ice Age.

Tis too bad movie directors nowadays would rather keep doing sharks. As if we don't have enough of those already...-_-
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I need my Mega Shark 5 dangit! C'mon Asylum just give me Mega Shark vs. Moby Dick already!
Last edited by Gigantis on Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:A remake of Jurassic park, witch is 100% remake of the original but with all the dinosaurs replaced with Charles Bronson.
I know this is a joke post, but I would love a Jurassic Park TV series. That adapts the books 100% faithful to the novels. Bigger Wu, Muldoon, and Gennaro roles. More of a political drama and dialog heavy ethical debates. Dinosaurs that resemble more of what we currently know.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:
kingkevzilla88 wrote:A remake of Jurassic park, witch is 100% remake of the original but with all the dinosaurs replaced with Charles Bronson.
I know this is a joke post, but I would love a Jurassic Park TV series. That adapts the books 100% faithful to the novels. Bigger Wu, Muldoon, and Gennaro roles. More of a political drama and dialog heavy ethical debates. Dinosaurs that resemble more of what we currently know.
I wasn't joking, if I really had the money and the means to do so. I would a hundred percent go for it. I mean Universal let Cats happen, so I'm sure they'll try anything.

realinvaderdesign
GPN Volunteer

Post by realinvaderdesign »

A new adaption of "the lost world" or a proper adaption of "war of the worlds" would be nice

That, or a remake of Gorgo

EDIT- Should also add John Carter to the mix, maybe make it a mature animated series with frank frazettas art as an influence
Last edited by realinvaderdesign on Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

LegendZilla wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
They've already slightly retconned it in the Hail to the King short where it's implied that there's an actual Mandarin that's not happy with Trevor's performance in IM3.
I honestly loved what they did with the Mandarin in IM3. The Ben Kingsley thing was hilarious, and Killian with the dragon-tattoos and fire powers was a pretty great adaptation of the 'real' Mandarin. I get people being disappointed they didn't go all-out with magic and stuff, but still I enjoyed it a lot.
How the fuck is it that what Fox did with both Galactus and Deadpool back in the day are Universaly reviled, yet half the time, people such as yourself are A-Ok with the Mandarin twist? Are you all just suckers for plot twists?
Gee, maybe it's because the Mandarin twist, while crap, isn't anywhere near as bad as those? They literally sew The Merc With a Mouth's fucking mouth shut. And turned Galactus into a space cloud, it don't get much worse than that.
Last edited by KManX89 on Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

KManX89 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
I honestly loved what they did with the Mandarin in IM3. The Ben Kingsley thing was hilarious, and Killian with the dragon-tattoos and fire powers was a pretty great adaptation of the 'real' Mandarin. I get people being disappointed they didn't go all-out with magic and stuff, but still I enjoyed it a lot.
How the skreeonk is it that what Fox did with both Galactus and Deadpool back in the day are Universaly reviled, yet half the time, people such as yourself are A-Ok with the Mandarin twist? Are you all just suckers for plot twists?
Gee, maybe it's because the Mandarin twist, while crap, isn't anywhere near as bad as those? They literally sew The Merc With a Mouth's skreeonking mouth shut. And turned Galactus into a space cloud, it don't get much worse than that.
A lot more people likely would've relished in Barakapool or Cloud Galactus if those renditions of the characters had been played for gags and/or plot twists.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

A live action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles tv series. Only a lot better than The Next Mutation. Much more comics-inspired, with really good fight scenes, and none of that weird uncanny valley with noses look of the last two films. Much more the old live action suits from the 90's look please.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Vakanai wrote:A live action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles tv series. Only a lot better than The Next Mutation. Much more comics-inspired, with really good fight scenes, and none of that weird uncanny valley with noses look of the last two films. Much more the old live action suits from the 90's look please.
This is one I would love to see as well.

In fact, I may have mentally mapped out about five seasons worth of story... ;)
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

eabaker wrote:
Vakanai wrote:A live action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles tv series. Only a lot better than The Next Mutation. Much more comics-inspired, with really good fight scenes, and none of that weird uncanny valley with noses look of the last two films. Much more the old live action suits from the 90's look please.

Would love to see a brief outline if you'd be willing. I haven't gone so far as to map anything out, just that I want more live action Turtles, minus the not-so-good designs of the previous films, figured a series vs a movie might get us something we haven't seen before (live action series always have a different feel to animated series, and as much as I love the cartoons it's been over 20 years since we last tried live action TMNT on TV), and decided maybe base it a little more on the comics just to make it different.

I'd like it to be a little more mature than most Turtle media stuff - less kid directed and more family directed, so both young and adult fans can enjoy it. Although the 2003 and 2012 series were actually pretty good like that. Definitely want some great fight scenes, really sell the ninja action. I'm not particular whether the Turtles are done via suit vs cg, just as long as it looks good and isn't too costly.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Vakanai wrote:
eabaker wrote:

Would love to see a brief outline if you'd be willing. I haven't gone so far as to map anything out, just that I want more live action Turtles, minus the not-so-good designs of the previous films, figured a series vs a movie might get us something we haven't seen before (live action series always have a different feel to animated series, and as much as I love the cartoons it's been over 20 years since we last tried live action TMNT on TV), and decided maybe base it a little more on the comics just to make it different.

I'd like it to be a little more mature than most Turtle media stuff - less kid directed and more family directed, so both young and adult fans can enjoy it. Although the 2003 and 2012 series were actually pretty good like that. Definitely want some great fight scenes, really sell the ninja action. I'm not particular whether the Turtles are done via suit vs cg, just as long as it looks good and isn't too costly.
When I have a few minutes I'll try to put some of my thoughts down. The broad strokes would be rooted in the Mirage comics, but there are characters and storylines from all over the characters' history that I think could be worked in.

Definitely agree about the tone. More mature than the most kiddie-oriented end of the spectrum (87 series, TMNT Adventures comic), but not as mature as the Mirage volume 1 stuff. The original movie, the 2003 and 2012 series, and the IDW comics would all be reasonable points of reference in that respect.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

An alternate history revolving around Atlantis and continuing onto the present day.

Lets be real. If Atlantis was real no would they an advanced ancient civilization limit itself to one continent. An civilization of such power would obviously spread across the world. It'd be interesting to see how that go as the empire expands across the old and new worlds. Plus imagine them domesticating prehistoric beasts like mammoths and using saber-toothed cats for Roman coliseum like fights. :D