Movies or TV shows you want to see happen?

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Movies or TV shows you want to see happen?

Post by eabaker »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:A remake of Jurassic park, witch is 100% remake of the original but with all the dinosaurs replaced with Charles Bronson.
"Do you believe in T. rex? You're gonna meet him."
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

A horror film that sort of like cross between Insidious Sinister, where a family is plagued by a demon like creature. So they turn to only person that can help them, El Santo! So yes, a revival of Mexican Wrestling Horror movies.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

I have so many dream movies and shows. Too many to list in full. But I'll list a few of them.

- A movie set in Viking Age Europe that is as historically accurate as possible. Not someones daft opinion of what History should have been like. They can paint the Vikings as the protagonists or antagonists, I don't care. Just make it accurate to the period and make it good.

- A Beowulf movie that's actually good. I don't think I've ever seen an epic disrespected in cinema so many times as Beowulf. Many of the previous attempts are downright laughable.

- Similar to the previous, a good adaptation of both The Iliad and The Oddysey. Most of the adaptations for these classics have been mediocre at best. Especially the most recent one.

- Guillermo Del Toro's At the Mountains of Madness movie. This has had a lot of talk behind it, but I really wish something would come of it. I've yet to see somebody do Lovecraft justice on the big screen. And I think Del Toro might be the guy to deliver it.

- So last night I found out this one might actually be happening if all goes well. But it has been on my list since I was a kid. And that's a live action adaptation of Pokemon Generation I (Red and Blue). If this movie happens, and it's good, I will lose my shit. It's not often a childhood dream comes true.

- In this age of Disney live action remakes, which have admittedly been a mixed bag, it seems a crime that Disney's Hercules hasn't received that treatment.

- A good adaptation of the Chronicles of Prydain series. I don't care if it's Disney again or some other studio. Somebody just do it. Please.

- And finally, for this list, I'll add a potentially controversial one where fans are concerned. But I would like to see somebody take another crack at a live action Dragon Ball movie. Start with a kid Goku. Do it right. It could be something gorgeous to behold on the big screen. But I don't think this one will ever happen after that last fiasco.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Another I wanna see is a Carnosaur remake more closer to the novel.

Also a Dino Crisis movie. The third act of Fallen Kingdom at the mansion definitely gave me that feel. Imagine what could be done.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

A Godzilla 1954 remake. Yes I know you are all gonna bombard me with comments insisting that Shin was a remake only in modern times, but want I want is for the original to get the Kong 2005 treatment where it re-tells the original story in its native time period. It will truly be a daunting task to both capture the spirit of the original and to make it a good film on its own right, but that does not mean it’s impossible. All it needs is the just the right team who can handle it with the proper amount of care and honesty. Another argument you have shown me against a remake in the past is that even if they do manage to preserve the first film’s message, it wouldn’t resonate well with modern audiences which is why you deem it nessecary to modernize it with an issue facing today’s society. To me, insisting that is based on an assumption that people are gonna be complete idiots.

Other movies I would like to see are a rebooted Marvel Cinematic Universe (that actually gets the Mandarin right), a faithful adaptation of Mary Shelly’s Frankenstein, a properly-done Hollywood Dragonball, more objectively good Transformers films and a good Superman reboot.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LegendZilla wrote:I would like to see are a rebooted Marvel Cinematic Universe (that actually gets the Mandarin right)
Well that would be a monumental waste of time and money.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

UltramanGoji wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:I would like to see are a rebooted Marvel Cinematic Universe (that actually gets the Mandarin right)
Not that is has to happen anytime soon.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LegendZilla wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
Not that is has to happen anytime soon.
It doesn't have to happen ever. There's literally no good reason for rebooting the MCU. Not even "they got my literal who villain wrong".

And I hate Iron Man 3.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

They could just simply recon it.
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

MikeSTZillak wrote:They could just simply recon it.
This IIRC there had been things that the MCU had reconned such as Bruce Banner's and War Machine's actors.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

MikeSTZillak wrote:
They've already slightly retconned it in the Hail to the King short where it's implied that there's an actual Mandarin that's not happy with Trevor's performance in IM3.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

UltramanGoji wrote:
MikeSTZillak wrote:
They've already slightly retconned it in the Hail to the King short where it's implied that there's an actual Mandarin that's not happy with Trevor's performance in IM3.
They were mentioning Killian most likely.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

UltramanGoji wrote:
MikeSTZillak wrote:
I honestly loved what they did with the Mandarin in IM3. The Ben Kingsley thing was hilarious, and Killian with the dragon-tattoos and fire powers was a pretty great adaptation of the 'real' Mandarin. I get people being disappointed they didn't go all-out with magic and stuff, but still I enjoyed it a lot.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
MikeSTZillak wrote: They could just simply recon it.
I honestly loved what they did with the Mandarin in IM3. The Ben Kingsley thing was hilarious, and Killian with the dragon-tattoos and fire powers was a pretty great adaptation of the 'real' Mandarin. I get people being disappointed they didn't go all-out with magic and stuff, but still I enjoyed it a lot.
How the fuck is it that what Fox did with both Galactus and Deadpool back in the day are Universaly reviled, yet half the time, people such as yourself are A-Ok with the Mandarin twist? Are you all just suckers for plot twists?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Pearce was a charisma vacuum and the dorky fire powers were super lame, even for a comic book movie.

The vignettes that showed the Kingsley Mandarin basically being a modern day terrorist were so much more effective and haunting. I would've loved to have seen that angle taken with Tony; how exposing his personal life to his hero life puts him, Pepper, and everyone he cares about in danger. IM2 got close to that with Vanko being the consequences of Tony's technology being out there in the world, but IM3 would've been a much better conclusion to that arc.
LegendZilla wrote: They were mentioning Killian most likely.
They absolutely were not. Trevor is told there will be "consequences" to posing as the Mandarin from a member of the Ten Rings. It would make absolutely no sense for Killian to make a statement like that, nor was he ever associated with the Ten Rings to begin with.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
LegendZilla wrote: They were mentioning Killian most likely.
They absolutely were not. Trevor is told there will be "consequences" to posing as the Mandarin from a member of the Ten Rings. It would make absolutely no sense for Killian to make a statement like that, nor was he ever associated with the Ten Rings to begin with.
Also, he's dead. How the fuck can he be the Mandarin if he's dead?

RIP Evan.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

UltramanGoji wrote: The vignettes that showed the Kingsley Mandarin basically being a modern day terrorist were so much more effective and haunting. I would've loved to have seen that angle taken with Tony; how exposing his personal life to his hero life puts him, Pepper, and everyone he cares about in danger. IM2 got close to that with Vanko being the consequences of Tony's technology being out there in the world, but IM3 would've been a much better conclusion to that arc.
This, this, and THIS.
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

LegendZilla wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
How the skreeonk is it that what Fox did with both Galactus and Deadpool back in the day are Universaly reviled, yet half the time, people such as yourself are A-Ok with the Mandarin twist? Are you all just suckers for plot twists?
... no? I just liked it? Sometimes departures from the source material work, sometimes they don't. It's not exactly a science.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

LegendZilla wrote:
How the skreeonk is it that what Fox did with both Galactus and Deadpool back in the day are Universaly reviled, yet half the time, people such as yourself are A-Ok with the Mandarin twist? Are you all just suckers for plot twists?
1. Don't be a dick.
2. Not everyone is ok with it, it's just wanting to reboot a franchsie that has been going on for 11 years, and trying to replicate all of it from characters, income, and actually making audiences cares just to redo a one-off villan they didn't adapt well is stupid. That honestly sounds like a joke about comic book fans.

RIP Evan.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
1. Don't be a dick.
2. Not everyone is ok with it, it's just wanting to reboot a franchsie that has been going on for 11 years, and trying to replicate all of it from characters, income, and actually making audiences cares just to redo a one-off villan they didn't adapt well is stupid. That honestly sounds like a joke about comic book fans.
I have several beefs with how the MCU handled certain things.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.