The Robocop Franchise

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
TheRedKing1979
Samurai

The Robocop Franchise

Postby TheRedKing1979 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:15 am

Old Detroit officer Alex Murphy is KIA and put into the future of law enforcement - ROBOCOP.

Terrorists, mercs, drug dealers, cyborgs, and jay walkers are not safe!

Three movies
1 Remake movie
2 animated series
1 live action TV series
4 made for TV mini series movies
Comics by 3 companies (Dynamite, Marvel and DHP)
Video games
He took on the Terminator
Member formerly known as wataru.

Proud American. Southerner. Centrist.

Godzilla vs Biollante (1989) is easily the best Godzilla movie, ever.

kingkevzilla88
Interpol Agent

Re: The Robocop Franchise

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:16 am

I love Robocop. I find all the movies, expected the remake, to great with the original being one of the best films of all-time for me. I haired that one of the original writers is working on a sequel to the first three, I really hope that happens.

TheRedKing1979
Samurai

Postby TheRedKing1979 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:25 pm

kingkevzilla88 wrote:I love Robocop. I find all the movies, expected the remake, to great with the original being one of the best films of all-time for me. I haired that one of the original writers is working on a sequel to the first three, I really hope that happens.

Did you see the 4 part TV miniseries? Aging Robocop is falling apart, so an old friend of Murphy's ends up being caught up in an OCP scandal with his ex, and becomes Robocop OCP 002

Mr. Xeno
EDF Soldier

Postby Mr. Xeno » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:24 pm

The first two film are cheese-tacular 80s romps of goodness, even though the second movie has a pretty unfocused narrative that could have used some trimming.

The third film is beyond boring, easily my least favorite and the only film in the series I have zero desire to watch again. I wouldn't say it's one of the worst films of all time, but it comes within throwing distance of being one.

The remake is a criminally underrated, proper update on the originals corporate commentary. I like how it focused more on Murphy's struggle to stay human, which is something barely touched upon in the original.

I have not seen anything else from the franchise, as I really don't like hard R-rated movies getting children's cartoons.
Last edited by Mr. Xeno on Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:36 pm

Well we're getting a new film that is supposedly a direct sequel to the original. I've honestly always preferred 2 myself.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:46 pm

Loved the first two RoboCops, the third film thought it was a time waster at best and the remake I really didn't care for honestly.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Postby cloverfan98 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:01 am

The original Robocop is one of my favorite movies of all time. Plus it was filmed in my hometown of Dallas and I've personally been to some of the locations in the movie. As far as the rest of the films go the second one has cool action but that's it, the 3rd one is bad but entertaining. For me the remake is a lot better than I thought it would be and it serves as the best sequel to the original. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD DO NOT WATCH THE 4 PRIME DIRECTIVE MOVIES.

kingkevzilla88
Interpol Agent

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:05 am

TheRedKing1979 wrote:
kingkevzilla88 wrote:I love Robocop. I find all the movies, expected the remake, to great with the original being one of the best films of all-time for me. I haired that one of the original writers is working on a sequel to the first three, I really hope that happens.

Did you see the 4 part TV miniseries? Aging Robocop is falling apart, so an old friend of Murphy's ends up being caught up in an OCP scandal with his ex, and becomes Robocop OCP 002

I really need to see those at some point, I keep seeing copies at car boot sales and I kept passing on them. I've been kicking myself for doing that.
Also is there any trade collections of the Marvel comics I'm interested in reading those.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Tohosaurus » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:51 pm

Creatively, a benefit of this character is that he's essentially a superhero without traditional expectation of what a superhero movie would need to be.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:59 pm

If this supposed sequel becomes a reality, do you guys think the best route to go is have Murphy train a rookie into becoming the new Robocop?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

TheRedKing1979
Samurai

Postby TheRedKing1979 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:05 pm

LegendZilla wrote:If this supposed sequel becomes a reality, do you guys think the best route to go is have Murphy train a rookie into becoming the new Robocop?

I honestly think a sequel would work better with Murphy aged and retired and “missing” and a nee Robocop is made and finds him based on some old OCP issue with his construction.

Or maybe an ED-3009?

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:20 am

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3509366/neill-blomkamp-directing-robocop-returns-mgm-sequel-original-film/

But....but why? I didn't even think the original sequel was necessary. And another one of these "ignore everything but the original" ideas. I'm so tired of things like this getting green-lit.
Last edited by Maritonic on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:17 pm

Maritonic wrote:http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3509366/neill-blomkamp-directing-robocop-returns-mgm-sequel-original-film/

But....but why? I didn't even think the original sequel was necessary. And another one of these "ignore everything but the original" ideas. I'm so tired of things like this getting green-lit.

Same, it's like all that Blomkamp is focused on right now. This also looks like a way to make bank off of people's nostalgia.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

KManX89
G-Grasper

Postby KManX89 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:06 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3509366/neill-blomkamp-directing-robocop-returns-mgm-sequel-original-film/

Same, it's like all that Blomkamp is focused on right now. This also looks like a way to make bank off of people's nostalgia.

No R rating, no sale.
My Game Ideas Page

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

TheSecondComing
EDF Soldier

Postby TheSecondComing » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:24 pm

It sounds better than the 2014 Robocop and that's good enough for me. I'm in.
[img]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b376/Legionmaster/pWo.jpg[/img]

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:44 pm

Still not sure why they can't continue after Robocop 3. I don't see the need to erase sequels.
Resized Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:07 am

Blomkamp is attached. My interest has increased exponentially. Also Neil has yet to do a PG13 film, I doubt he's gonna start now.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:09 am

He confirmed it'll be rated R. Doesn't really sway my opinion, though. Still say there's 0 reason to skip the sequels.
Resized Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:51 am

Maritonic wrote:He confirmed it'll be rated R.

And I'm sold! :D

Kongamera
Ronin

Postby Kongamera » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:32 am

Maritonic wrote:Still not sure why they can't continue after Robocop 3. I don't see the need to erase sequels.

Because its based off a old late 80s script by the original Robocop writers which got never got made when Paul Verhoeven didn't returned to direct the sequel and then Frank Miller came aboard. Robocop 2 is fine and all but doesn't holds candle to the original and Robocop 3 is a horrible PG13 movie. No Peter Weller, Officer Lewis gets killed, OCP gets shut down, Ninja Robots, has 3% on rotten tomatoes, I am glad it's getting ignored.

Return to “Media Center”