Scariest Movies You've Ever Seen?

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Re: Scariest Movies You've Ever Seen?

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

I forgot this one, The Devil's Business. A very scary film done on a very small budget, there's one scene where two hitmen are setting around a table in the middle of the night. The older of the two tells the other a ghost story. No Joke, this had the hairs on the back of my standing up and for the rest of the night I felt creeped out.

The most recent film to scar me was Ghost Stories. I'm not going to say anything other than you have to see it.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Noroi: The Curse
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

-Ring (1998)
-The Revenge Of Frankenstein (1958)
-Halloween (1978)
-Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994)
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I actually like 9/10 of Paranormal Activity. It actually does a really good job at giving a halfway believable ghost story. The ending however is fucking --------. Way too many ghost movies start off well enough but always end up with stupid plot twists or bloated FX filled finales. Poltergeist and The Haunting remake are perfect examples of this.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

MikeSTZillak wrote:-Ring (1998)
-The Revenge Of Frankenstein (1958)
-Halloween (1978)
-Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994)
Definitely Ring. I have literally never been so scared by a movie. Saw it on the big screen at the Egyptian theater. At the time, it wasn't available commercially in the U.S., so I ordered a bootleg VHS copy, which was so low quality it felt like watching the cursed tape. I wated and re-watched it obsessively for awhile.

I really like Revenge of Frankenstein, but I can't say I ever found it especially scary.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Killer clowns from outerspace

Penny Wise aint got shiit on them.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

goji89 wrote:Killer clowns from outerspace

Killer clowns from outer space?

Holy shit.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

eabaker wrote: I really like Revenge of Frankenstein, but I can't say I ever found it especially scary.
Yeah, but it was definatly disturbing as heck.
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
goji89 wrote:Killer clowns from outerspace

Killer clowns from outer space?

Holy poop.
Yup....Killer Klowns from outer space scared the shiit out of me bro. Its because of that movie that I will punch a clown in the throat if it gets within 2 ft of me.....(Ive actually done it a few times).

Child's Play as well......I dont fuck with dolls.

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

goji89 wrote:Yup....Killer Klowns from outer space scared the shiit out of me bro.
Man, I love that movie. As a kid, I remember going to Blockbuster, passing by the horror section, and seeing the freaky box art. That stuck with me for a long, long time.

Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

Some other ones:
-Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (1978)
-Psycho (1960)
-Jaws (1976)
-The Village (2004)
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

Was no one else scared shitless by The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie? Those sea monsters in the trench... :freak:

Deadass though, Jeepers Creepers genuinely freaks me out. The first time I watched it, I couldn't even sleep!
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

godzillafan1954 wrote:Was no one else scared shitless by The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie? Those sea monsters in the trench... :freak:

Deadass though, Jeepers Creepers genuinely freaks me out. The first time I watched it, I couldn't even sleep!
SWEET DREAMS SWEET PRINCE!!!

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

goji89 wrote:
godzillafan1954 wrote:Was no one else scared shitless by The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie? Those sea monsters in the trench... :freak:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/07/12/e3/0712 ... -films.jpg
NOPE! lmao seriously though you're gonna have to do better than that. Now wish me luck sleeping. :cry:
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

godzillafan1954 wrote:
goji89 wrote:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/07/12/e3/0712 ... -films.jpg
NOPE! lmao seriously though you're gonna have to do better than that. Now wish me luck sleeping. :cry:
Look at my post time........I am watching you sleep. I stroke your hair yet you feel nothing..... i am under your bed as you cling tight on your bed sheet. I wisper in your ear to do bad things that fuck up your life.....im what you fear......i am the family that you crave to have.......to teach you WHAT you've never been taught. I am what you wish to be.....NOTHING.
Last edited by goji89 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

jackzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by jackzilla »

I don't think it's this scary now, but I remember the first time I watched it, Cloverfield scared the beejesus out of me. I was like 11 at the time, and I had to turn it off because it was freaking me out. Again, I was 11 at the time. I'm not saying Cloverfield is the scariest movie ever made, not even close (I do like the movie :D), but I can't remember any other movie that freaked me out as much as it did when I first tried to watch it when I was 11.
Last edited by jackzilla on Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
LONG LIVE THE KING

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I saw a saying once that went like this:

"No book is as good, or ever will be as good, as the ones that you read as a child."

I think that the same thing applies to scary movies. And I also think that we all quite agree on that.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

mikelcho wrote:I saw a saying once that went like this:

"No book is as good, or ever will be as good, as the ones that you read as a child."

I think that the same thing applies to scary movies. And I also think that we all quite agree on that.
Ehhh, I don't agree entirely. I mean, adult fears are significantly different than childhood fears. You may not get scared by Michael Myers mask as you did when you were a child, but, the your blood may run cold when you realize the concept of an escaped lunatic silently murdering all of your friends just so he can get to you only because he saw you walking down the street.

Childhood fears are typically superficial, adult fears are deeper and apply more to your life because you understand what's going on. At least when it comes to film.

You're no longer afraid of the Boogeyman in your closet, you're afraid he's living next door.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Best top 10 I can put together -
Alien
Texas Chain Saw Massacre
Night of the Living Dead
Audition
Misery
Jacob's Ladder
Blair Witch Project
Pet Sematary
Hills Have Eyes
Evil Dead

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from, Maritonic. I watch a lot of those ID shows and the whole thing is "Just when you think you've seen evil people do it all..."

The only thing that I like about them is that justice will triumph eventually.

But to get back to my point. The scariest movie that I've ever seen, bar none, is The Birds (1963). It was the last movie that I saw on TV on the night before I moved from PA to FL. That was in 1977. Scared the pants off me when I was a boy-and still does. I never get tired of watching it, though.

The only other movies that are comparable to it are:

*The Stepford Wives (1975)
*Phase IV (1973)
*The Hellstrom Chronicle (1971).

In the case of the first three, the ending was what clinched it for me. The point is I saw all three of them in at least my teen years and all of them at night and on TV. The fourth one I saw on VHS at about the same time. They left an impression on me that I'll never forget. But that's just me, I guess.

In fact, the showing of the third one - and this was on network television, IIRC - opened the movie by giving a short description of Phases I, II and III - none of which I can remember, btw - and then ended it with these words: "Phase IV is happening". That's the part that I remember the most...and that I say to myself whenever I get to the end of that film.

Now, if only they'd put back the missing footage at the end of Phase IV and finally, officially release the unedited director's cut on home video with the theatrical trailer, my joy would be complete. Then I'd pick that one up in a nanosecond. The footage is out there - it's been shown on Youtube, for crying out loud! If only Olive Films had done that, they'd have had my undying gratitude.
Last edited by mikelcho on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.