Live Action Lion King (tba)

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Ryguy
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: Live Action Lion King (tba)

Postby Ryguy » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:16 pm

The only problem I have is that it's too damn early for this one. You could use the identical cast from the '94 film and you would be golden
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Postby Bigdog » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:50 pm

Ivo-goji wrote:Too many of these. We already had a perfectly good Lion King, why do another?

This is basically a CG animal documentary, but they sing and talk and sucks?

Screw this. Seriously.

Why don't they just buy the rights to Kimba and make the live action version of that?

The only way I'd ever see this is if they made it scientifically accurate. Simba and Nala are siblings, the pride is a giant harem and we see brutal fight sequences just like on the National Geographic channel before they stopped airing nature documentaries. And Pumbaa is eaten by Simba while Timon runs off and is attack by hyenas just because nature is cruel. Nala and Simba "marry". 2 is where first cousins marry. :lol: And somehow the bird gets eaten by Scar, who is voiced by RuPaul.

I'd rather have a Fox and the Hound movie where we see the humans sell the talking animals to science to determine why they have such a firm grasp of the human language, mixed with the tone and violence of Watership Down. Make it a real kids movie to traumatize children with. :lol:

They already did Cinderella, but I really wish they played it as realistically as possible so everyone thinks she's completely crazy for talking to rodents and to an old crone who lives in a cabin behind the manor in the woods suspected of being a witch. And I really wish Beauty and the Beast scrapped its musical part and went with a few French actors to play the leads, with a body horror narrative for the Beast and the objects to go full Hans Christen Anderson.

These stories just write themselves.

Ryguy wrote:The only problem I have is that it's too damn early for this one. You could use the identical cast from the '94 film and you would be golden

They should've done it with Beauty and the Beast. Obviously they'd need to recast the human roles and even the Beast, but they could've reunited the original cast as much as possible for this one, and possibly use the voice actors for Beast and Belle or whatever is replaced by live actors for cameo roles. In this respect it'd work perfectly. But even then, I'm just ready for another darker take of the story akin to the book. And that just needs Charlize Theron because every movie needs her in one. I like musicals, but it's not my forte honestly to have people breaking out in song because it feels cringeworthy and awkward to watch.

That and the actors for Lumiere and the father are dead. I just loathe the idea of Hollywood using British actors for every European role, especially really big names that quite honestly, take me out of the experience. Big names typically do that for me.

I don't really hear Lumiere or Cogsworth. I hear Mexican Obi-Wan Kenobi and Magneto, and they somehow got trapped in an enchanted castle while Hermione Granger from the Ministry of Magic goes to save them from the Death Eater...Beast? And worst of all, she forgotten her wand. Who is this evil force going through time and space and sucking in jedi , mutants, and wizards? Who is this Beast really? Why is everyone singing like their lives depend on it? Are they in North Korea? Tune in and find out.

EDF Soldier

Postby 3000 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:54 am

^Beauty and The Beast is coming out next year.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beauty_ ... (2017_film)
Member of TK Since 2006

Zilla103192
Keizer

Postby Zilla103192 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:46 am

Why use the exact same cast? Then there REALLY is no point in a remake. I could see bringing back James Earl Jones, because he is legendary in that part, and you can't really replicate his voice... so I would be all for him returning. But is it really required that Jonathan Taylor Thomas/Matthew Broderick returns as Simba?

Everyone in the original Disney 'Jungle Book' did a great job. But so did the remakes cast. it made it distinctly different and a very enjoyable film. I would love to see The Lion King get the same treatment
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Omegamorph
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Omegamorph » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:30 am

Actually looking forward to this because insofar I've really enjoyed the Disney remakes line (w/ the exception of Maleficent which was terrible) and there's very little way Favreau could screw it up.

I really wonder if Disney's going to tackle its lesser-known features for a live-action version. We've had Pete's Dragon which is not that well known to today's general audience so I'd love to see things like The Black Cauldron or The Watcher in the Woods be given the same treatment. The latter in particular is in dire need of a new version with the original concept reintegrated (and better acting).

Godzilla2000Zero
JXSDF Technician

Postby Godzilla2000Zero » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:00 am

Omegamorph wrote:Actually looking forward to this because insofar I've really enjoyed the Disney remakes line (w/ the exception of Maleficent which was terrible) and there's very little way Favreau could screw it up.

I really wonder if Disney's going to tackle its lesser-known features for a live-action version. We've had Pete's Dragon which is not that well known to today's general audience so I'd love to see things like The Black Cauldron or The Watcher in the Woods be given the same treatment. The latter in particular is in dire need of a new version with the original concept reintegrated (and better acting).

Part of your wish might come true. ;) http://variety.com/2016/film/news/chron ... 201733058/
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

Kaiju-King42
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:37 pm

Bigdog wrote:I'd rather have a Fox and the Hound movie where we see the humans sell the talking animals to science to determine why they have such a firm grasp of the human language, mixed with the tone and violence of Watership Down. Make it a real kids movie to traumatize children with. :lol:

The Fox and the Hound is already traumatizing enough. That thing is just a roller-coaster to the Depression Kingdom.
Godzillian wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:What is up with the American trope of hide the monster?

Jaws happened

ernesth100 wrote:
Ryguy wrote:When the new director is announced, I guarantee this fanbase will be torn through the middle...

We're always split down the middle. TK is like a giant buttcrack.

Anno wrote:never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Postby Bigdog » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:20 pm

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Bigdog wrote:I'd rather have a Fox and the Hound movie where we see the humans sell the talking animals to science to determine why they have such a firm grasp of the human language, mixed with the tone and violence of Watership Down. Make it a real kids movie to traumatize children with. :lol:

The Fox and the Hound is already traumatizing enough. That thing is just a roller-coaster to the Depression Kingdom.

I've only seen glimpses of it, but I really want it to be a high PG13/R so it can be a traumatizing as it needs to be. This is the edge lord side of me speaking because it would be pure entertainment seeing idiot parents taking children to a remake of their childhood favorite and then seeing gruesome animal violence.

It would be at least different from all the candycoated crap kids get shove in their faces. The world's cruel at places and it shouldn't be hidden from.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:35 pm

That is quite possibly one of the worst things I have ever read on this forum.
Check out my YouTube channel CinemaGoji for all things kaiju!

Godzilla2000Zero
JXSDF Technician

Postby Godzilla2000Zero » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:23 pm

Disney's already dealt with those serious elements just fine since they've been making movies no reason for them to go extreme.
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

g2vd
Kwaidan

Postby g2vd » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:33 am

UltramanGoji wrote:That is quite possibly one of the worst things I have ever read on this forum.

What's the worst?
Godzilla

Omegamorph
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Omegamorph » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:40 am

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:
Omegamorph wrote:Actually looking forward to this because insofar I've really enjoyed the Disney remakes line (w/ the exception of Maleficent which was terrible) and there's very little way Favreau could screw it up.

Part of your wish might come true. ;) http://variety.com/2016/film/news/chron ... 201733058/

Whoa, very very nice! Looking forward to these

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:02 pm

Cinderella and Jungle Book were both great. Alice and wonderland made over 1B and alice 2 sucked so as far as I'm concerned Disney is 3-1 or arguably 2-2 on their life action remakes.

I never liked Alice animated but loved Jungle Book and Cinderella so I can't wait for the Lion King. I'm also sick of the remakes are bad and are just a cash grab mentality as well.

over 90% of the films that get made are cash grabs.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

Return to “Media Center”