Re: Franchise Talkback Thread: Terminator (1984 - 2019)

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which movie is your favorite?

The Terminator (1984)
No votes
Terminator 2: Judgement Day (1991)
75%
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003)
25%
Terminator: Salvation (2009)
No votes
Terminator: Genisys (2015)
No votes
Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)
No votes

Total votes: 4

shinmattiathekaiju
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: Franchise Talkback Thread: Terminator (1984 - 2009)

Postby shinmattiathekaiju » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:08 am

Terminator:Really nice first entry from James Cameron(and nice sex scene). 4/5

Terminator 2:The best of the series,Great action scenes and most of all,great characters with nice emotional moments 4,5/5

Terminator 3:A let down from the first movies 3/5

Terminator Salvation:Just a dull fan fiction 2/5

I enjoyed the TV Series.
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1

Alucard
Kwaidan

Postby Alucard » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:37 pm

The best is the sequel to the first film.One of my alltime best movies.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:
wataru wrote:It's not huge and it's white.

LIKE YO DICK!

GotengoXGodzilla
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GotengoXGodzilla » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:38 pm

I wouldn't say that this is one of the best film franchises, but its a nice one. The Terminator and Terminator 2 are both really good movies, both for different reasons. I like Terminator 2 more than The Terminator, mostly because I watched it countless times as a kid and it means a lot for my childhood. To be honest, I didn't watch The Terminator all the way through until I was about 14 or 15. I've only watched the film from start to finish about once or twice at the moment.

As for Terminator 3 and Terminator: Salvation...eh, they're okay. As far as movie sequels go, they do their job of keeping the audience entertained, especially Terminator 3. I will say that they're pointless, as all of plot elements were resolved in Terminator 2, but I understand that they wanted to make more films. That's fine, so long as the movies are good, and the third one wasn't that bad. Salvation, on the other hand, doesn't really feel like a Terminator film, and more like The Matrix or any given Post-Apocalyptic film.

Overall, the franchise has some good entries and some okay entries. I've always liked the first two films, and the other two are okay.
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Postby cloverfan98 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:00 pm

BRING BACK THE TV SHOW!!!!!! That is all.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Postby cloverfan98 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:16 am

To each his own. I personally loved that show to death. How mich did you watch? I ask because there was a point where I lost intrest but the show soon grabed me again.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Postby cloverfan98 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:48 pm

Gawdziller wrote:I agree. I watched until mid season 2 and just gave up. After a season and a half I needed to feel like something happenned. Unfortunately the writting was dead weight and the showrunners honestly seemed like they had no clue where they wanted the series to go, so the let it walk in place. It got to the point the only reason I was still watching it was Summer Glau, but everything else was trying my patience.

I'd actually would rather watch Salvation again over that poop. As aimless and stupid as it was, at least it attempted a story or even a point. It failed miserably, but the effort was appreciated after sitting through the Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Mid season 2 was where I almost quit as well, but the last few episodes started killing people left and right, and the cliff hanger ending opened up the show to have the story line contiune in the present whith one main character jumping to the Future War. I enjoyed the smaller scope of the show, mainly because the movies are already so good at showing me the grander scale of the war. The plot of Salvation was not great, but it was the best Future War flash back/forward sequence yet.

GodzillavsZilla

Postby GodzillavsZilla » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:29 pm

Terminator- Great film, the only in the franchise with a low budget. It's badass, but it's overshadowed by Terminator 2. 9.5/10
Terminator 2: Judgement Day- Really great film, my favorite movie, the speical effects were good, story was good, everything in it was good. 10/10
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines- It's not bad, but not as good as the first two movies, glad Arnold Schwarzenegger came back for this movie, and the T-X is hot. 8.7/20
Terminator Salvation- I hate this movie, I don't even count it as a Terminator movie, too much CGI, PG-13 rating, story was very depressing, and a big disappointment. Seriously, a shitty looking CGI naked Arnold Schwarzenegger was the ONLY Terminator who had the balls to fight John Connor one-on-one?! Epic FAIL!!!!! -1/10

Those are my short reviews on the Terminator trilogy and TS.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:

On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary poop though if it is just scratches.

Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Tohosaurus » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:09 pm

I'm a big fan of the Terminator franchise. The first is actually about tied with the second for my favorite, although the general consensus in moviedom is that T2 is the superior, so I'm a bit of an outsider there. The third was solid, but not on the overall level of quality that we had with the first two. Salvation is a disappointment. Superb special effects, but let down by relying on visuals and trying to appeal to too many people with the watered-down-from-R rating.
Last edited by Tohosaurus on Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

The One and Only
EDF Soldier

Postby The One and Only » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:04 pm

Interesting mini-series from Dark Horse Comics featuring the Terminator from writer Dan Jolley, and artist Jamal Ingle, TERMINATOR:Enemy of My Enemy (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=50264) Set in 1985, in which a T-800, sent to kill a bio-engineer whose developed a process of growing skin in the lab. But this time, the resistance didn't send anyone to intercept the Terminator. So she, and others after her, don't have a clue with what they're dealing with.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Kaiju-King42
Kwaidan

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:08 pm

I'll say this. I may be pretty easygoing on movies, but very, VERY rarely do I give a film a 10 out of 10 rating. I have to find the story entertaining, see the characters and plot a success, but most important of all, a 10 out of 10 movie has to give me that little shiver up my spine as the credits roll. The shiver that I get from a really, really damn good movie. And off the top of my head, only two movies have done that. Gojira and the original Terminator.

I love these movies.
Godzillian wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:What is up with the American trope of hide the monster?

Jaws happened

ernesth100 wrote:
Ryguy wrote:When the new director is announced, I guarantee this fanbase will be torn through the middle...

We're always split down the middle. TK is like a giant buttcrack.

Anno wrote:never forget tadpole :godzilla:

eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby eabaker » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:51 am

I haven't watched the original Terminator in many years, but I really, really liked it when I was younger. Just got the blu-ray, and the wife (who's a bigger fan than I am) and I are gonna watch it tonight.

I have absolutely no use for Terminator 2, though. I find that movie god-awfully boring and heavy-handed.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

The One and Only
EDF Soldier

Postby The One and Only » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:25 pm

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/74168/dark-horse-announces-two-new-editions-classic-robocop-versus-terminator-series#axzz2u4f67m
Dark Horse just announced that they'll be producing two editions to the Robocop/Terminator crossover classic this summer. One a hardcover collection,and a gallery edition.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Man of Steel
Futurian

Postby Man of Steel » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:52 am

My favourite is Terminator 2: Judgement Day and my least is Terminator Salvation. I can't wait to find out more about Terminator: Genesis though.
"Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. But I rather believe
that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every
moment - because they'll never come again."
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: Generations)

:godzilla: :gigan: :mechagodzilla: :spacegodzilla:
GO AND FOLLOW MY TUMBLR
http://trexgoesroar.tumblr.com

The One and Only
EDF Soldier

Postby The One and Only » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:44 pm

Jory
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Jory » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:19 am

1. Tie: The Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgment Day
2. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
3. Terminator Salvation
4. My last sinus infection
5. Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Franchise Talkback Thread: Terminator (1984 - 2015)

Postby Tohosaurus » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:34 pm

The interwebs is talking about the announcement of two sequels to Genisys already, one in 2017 and the other in 2018.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1340138/news?year=2014
고질라

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Tohosaurus » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:03 pm

Used to be rather ambitious, but it has gotten more popular these days to more quickly map out a sequel or two.
고질라

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Tohosaurus » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:19 am

Saansilt wrote:Peeeerfect.
The game pretty much exsists.
It's a cover based TPS.
excitement, i know...

Any idea on the Director for Genisys?

Genisys is being directed by Alan Taylor, probably best known for Thor: The Dark World. He also directed some episodes from Mad Men, Game of Thrones, etc.
고질라

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Tohosaurus » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:59 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Two sequels so soon is a bad idea. This is just them trying to make more movies until the rights go back to James Cameron. James Cameron will likely sit on the Terminator franchise until he is dead.

When does he get it?
고질라

SteveIrwinFan96
Interpol Agent

Postby SteveIrwinFan96 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:48 pm

A possible twist to the next film: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... /?a=109908.

Return to “Media Center”