Re: Franchise Talkback Thread: Terminator (1984 - 2019)

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which movie is your favorite?

The Terminator (1984)
14%
Terminator 2: Judgement Day (1991)
71%
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003)
14%
Terminator: Salvation (2009)
No votes
Terminator: Genisys (2015)
No votes
Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)
No votes

Total votes: 7

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Re: Re: Franchise Talkback Thread: Terminator (1984 - 2019)

Postby Living Corpse » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:35 pm

A third film could have just taken place in the future and be about the night they finally beat Skynet, they learn that Skynet has a time machine and sent two Terminators back, so it ends with Reese being sent back and John staring at a deactivated T-800 M-101 hanging on a storage rack. It zooms on Arnold's face fade to black, end credits.

Prefect way to end a franchise, the loop, cycle, whatever is complete. We've gone full circle. Would have been a great way to end the franchise as a trilogy and arguably one of the few trilogies where the 3rd film doesn't feel like a cash grab.

_JNavs_
Kwaidan

Postby _JNavs_ » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:49 pm

Something pertaining to the last days of the war and how they're stuck in a Twilight Zone-esque loop would be the ideal conclusion for this trilogy. It's why I enjoy Salvation more than some.

It could be similar to Days of Future's Past, except it ends on a dark fate note.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Apprentice.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:05 am

Kind of wish the new game made it possible to get the Plasma Cannon that the T-X had, thing was like a the plasma weapon equivalent of a rocket launcher. On the bright side we do get to use a resistance Plasma Sniper Rifle and a Skynet Plasma Mini-Gun.

KManX89
G-Grasper

Postby KManX89 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:28 am

Salvation was garbage, straight from the man himself:

My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

_JNavs_
Kwaidan

Postby _JNavs_ » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:41 am

- Proceeds to star in 2 worse films :lol:
Sith Apprentice.

GodzillavsZilla

Postby GodzillavsZilla » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:28 pm

No matter how bad Genisys and Dark Fate can be, they cannot match how dull and generic Salvation is. I slightly appreciate it for being different from the rest of the franchise... but it's a criminally predictable movie that feels like every war and post apocalyptic movie. Even though every movie in the franchise has the same plot, they somehow feel less derivative than Salvation.

I can also at least enjoy certain aspects of the other movies. The comedy of T3 is oddly effective to me in an ironic so stupid that it's funny way, Genisys has a decent beginning up until the T-1000 chase plus Arnold being the only good character despite some shoddy comedy (even ironically, it's not very good), and Dark Fate has the returning actors (I know people bring up Grace as the shining moment, but I couldn't stand her); Carl in particular has an interesting idea that should have been expanded upon.

Salvation has... the war... which looks nothing like how it's supposed to look... and some neat practical effects I guess. It's just not a movie that I enjoy watching. With the possible exception of Dark Fate, I can at least find enjoyment in the other post T2 sequels.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:

On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary poop though if it is just scratches.

Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:58 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:- Proceeds to star in 2 worse films :lol:

That scene in Terminator 3 where the Terminator carries a coffin is the prefect metaphor for whats happening now. A dying franchise but Arnold is fighting to his last breath to bring it back to it's former glory.

The cops are the fans trying to reason with him it's okay, we still have the good movies and there's nothing wrong with putting a franchise to rest.

Added in 3 minutes 28 seconds:
GodzillavsZilla wrote:
Salvation has... the war... which looks nothing like how it's supposed to look... and some neat practical effects I guess. It's just not a movie that I enjoy watching. With the possible exception of Dark Fate, I can at least find enjoyment in the other post T2 sequels.

I skreeonking hate that washed out filter or saturation or whatever look they went with that every film seemed to be doing at that time, it doesn't look right, when you see the future war in the first 3 films there's none of that lack of color, ironic considering it's a post nuclear war world.
Last edited by Living Corpse on Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KManX89
G-Grasper

Postby KManX89 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:54 pm

Yeah, "worse" film alright. :lol:
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

_JNavs_
Kwaidan

Postby _JNavs_ » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:22 pm

KManX89 wrote:

Lmao Rotten Tomatoes shouldn't be taken as gospel. But regardless, the films been out for 2 weeks, give it 11+ years and we'll see how it fairs in comparison.

Plus like what was said above, Arnie is what's making people flock to these new films.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Apprentice.

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:16 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:
KManX89 wrote:

Lmao Rotten Tomatoes shouldn't be taken as gospel. But regardless, the films been out for 2 weeks, give it 11+ years and we'll see how it fairs in comparison.

Plus like what was said above, Arnie is what's making people flock to these new films.

Yes but it's useful showing general consensus. Most people who I met thought Dark Fate was alright at worst.

Arnie isn't making anyone flock to these films as he's old and times are different :(
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:08 am

_JNavs_ wrote:

Man I feel so bad for Arnold, this franchise is just as important to him as it is to the fans maybe even more so. For him the Terminator wasn't just another role or movie character, it was one he was born for, he is the Terminator. When you hear him talk about it you get the feeling he's a nerdy fan of sci-fi films living his dream job. The dude paid out of his own pocket for the crane scene in Terminator 3, so you get the impression that while money is part of it, it's not his only reason. He genuinely loves this franchise, and who can blame him? He's had films before but the Terminator 1 is what made him a big name everyone wanted for their films.

And now here the franchise has lost it's luster and he probably feels like retiring it would be like sort of admitting he needs to retire or that putting it to rest is like putting down your chrised pet. I don't believe that, I think he can keep going but that's probably how he feels since he has such a close connection with it.
Last edited by Living Corpse on Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:32 am

There's a fan made Terminator game coming out late 2020, called Tech-Com:2029.

Return to “Media Center”