DC Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

What is your favorite DC film thus far?

Man of Steel
2%
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice
17%
Suicide Squad
2%
Wonder Woman
10%
Justice League
No votes
Aquaman
2%
Shazam!
5%
Birds of Prey
2%
Wonder Woman 1984
No votes
Zack Snyder's Justice League
12%
The Suicide Squad
48%

Total votes: 42

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Well said eabaker & Canuck!

I'm so hyped for this Joker film, he's one of my favorite villains and it'll be nice hearing people talk about someone else besides Mark Hamill or Heath Ledger.
"You took me by surpise......"
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Could you guys imagine this happening in the film. A third of the way through the movie, he just stops the film, goes “no, no, no, that’s not how it went”, and it resets back and goes with a different origin story?

That'd be something. :lol:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Could you guys imagine this happening in the film. A third of the way through the movie, he just stops the film, goes “no, no, no, that’s not how it went”, and it resets back and goes with a different origin story?

That'd be something. :lol:
I’d love that, honestly.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Well said eabaker & Canuck!

I'm so hyped for this Joker film, he's one of my favorite villains and it'll be nice hearing people talk about someone else besides Mark Hamill or Heath Ledger.
He seems to have a mix of Ledger and Romero. Which is a pretty sick combination for a street grit mob film
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

KaijuCanuck wrote:I’d love that, honestly.
If I find out that does happen I might consider on seeing this then. ;)

Especially given its not tied to the DCEU.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

_JNavs_ wrote:

He seems to have a mix of Ledger and Romero. Which is a pretty sick combination for a street grit mob film
Oh yeah, I'm loving the pink suit. Who's your top 5 Joker actors? Including voice actors.
Mine:
1) Mark Hamill
2) Jack Nicholson
3) Jeff Bennett
4) Cesar Romero
5) Troy Baker

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

1. Mark Hamill
2. Heath Ledger
3. Jack Nicholson
4. Cesar Romero
5. Troy Baker

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:

Oh yeah, I'm loving the pink suit. Who's your top 5 Joker actors? Including voice actors.
Mine:
1) Mark Hamill
2) Jack Nicholson
3) Jeff Bennett
4) Cesar Romero
5) Troy Baker
Well I prefer anarchist Joker, similar to how he was in TDK and the Arkham games. So my list would probably be
1.) Heath Ledger (Instant classic as soon as I saw him when I was younger)
2.) Mark Hamill (Legend)
3.) Cameron Monaghan (If you've seen his evolution on Gotham, it's incredible, he has the range of a movie star)
4.) Jack Nicholson/ Troy Baker
5.) John DiMaggio
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

_JNavs_ wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: He seems to have a mix of Ledger and Romero. Which is a pretty sick combination for a street grit mob film
Mine:
1) Mark Hamill
2) Jack Nicholson
3) Jeff Bennett
4) Cesar Romero
5) Troy Baker
Well I prefer anarchist Joker, similar to how he was in TDK and the Arkham games. So my list would probably be
2.) Mark Hamill (Legend)
3.) Cameron Monaghan (If you've seen his evolution on Gotham, it's incredible, he has the range of a movie star)
5.) John DiMaggio
I couldn't continue with Gotham, I'm sorry.
I love John DiMaggio! He was awesome as the Scotsman in Samurai Jack. I don't remember him playing any Joker though, he was Aquaman in Brave and the Bold. Jeff Bennett played Joker in that show.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

DiMaggio voices Joker in several of the DC animated films.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:DiMaggio voices Joker in several of the DC animated films.
Ah, I don't remember him in any recent ones. Now that you mention it, I kinda recall the Joker in Under the Red Hood sounding like him.

Edit: Yep, thanks google :lol:
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Oh yeah, I'm loving the pink suit. Who's your top 5 Joker actors? Including voice actors.
Mine:
1) Mark Hamill
2) Jack Nicholson
3) Jeff Bennett
4) Cesar Romero
5) Troy Baker
2.) Mark Hamill (Legend)
5.) John DiMaggio
I love John DiMaggio! He was awesome as the Scotsman in Samurai Jack. I don't remember him playing any Joker though, he was Aquaman in Brave and the Bold. Jeff Bennett played Joker in that show.
Big Dimaggio fan too. (Brave and The Bold Aquaman is better then DCEU Aquaman. You can't change my mind) Sadly, according to Wikipedia, he's only played the Joker twice in Under The Red Hood and a Lego Straight to DVD movie.

My best Jokers.

1. Mark Hamill (uh, duh)
2. Jeff Bennet
3. Ledger
4. Nicholson
5. uhhhhhhhh, Romero? I haven't seen a lot of Joker, I'll be honest.

RIP Evan.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Oh yeah, I'm loving the pink suit. Who's your top 5 Joker actors? Including voice actors.
Mine:
1) Mark Hamill
2) Jack Nicholson
3) Jeff Bennett
4) Cesar Romero
5) Troy Baker
2.) Mark Hamill (Legend)
5.) John DiMaggio
If you watch a compilation of all Camerons Joker scenes on youtube I'm sure you'd get a kick out of him. He's leagues above the rest of the cast, and makes the script his own in a way. I only watch for his Joker scenes lol.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Which one Jerome or Jeremiah? I mean Jeremiah is the true Joker, though Jerome acts more like the prototypical Joker. Then again Jeremiah just took his ACE chemical bath so we'll see.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Which one Jerome or Jeremiah? I mean Jeremiah is the true Joker, though Jerome acts more like the prototypical Joker. Then again Jeremiah just took his ACE chemical bath so we'll see.
I really like both for different reasons, his Jerome is more N52 anarchist Joker while his Jeremiah is more classic always-one-step-ahead Joker. It's crazy how versatile he is to be able to play 2 different but extremely similar characters.

Personally I prefer Jerome though, but that could be because I prefer the watch the world burn Joker persona.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
(Brave and The Bold Aquaman is better then DCEU Aquaman. You can't change my mind)
What kind of tasteless heathen would want to? The road trip episode was one of the funniest half-hours of my life. :lol:
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

The One and Only
Futurian

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Post by The One and Only »

SHAZAM, a new trailer.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

mvp9056
Monarch Researcher

Post by mvp9056 »

I watched Aquaman, and I gotta say say it's probably my favorite DCEU movie to date. I had a blast with it - Jason Momoa exudes charisma as the character, I liked his chemistry with Mera, and the execution of the action was (mostly) good. The underwater worlds are detailed and well realized, and they did a great job with representing AM's traditional suit and powers on film.

Though it is too long, and the action does get a little exhausting by the last battle. Some of the CGI is very poor (there's sensory overload by the sheer quantity at times) and some of the humor didn't quit land for me. But overall a very good movie.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

KaijuCanuck wrote:1. Mark Hamill
2. Heath Ledger
3. Jack Nicholson
4. Cesar Romero
5. Troy Baker
This is the correct answer.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

mvp9056 wrote:I watched Aquaman, and I gotta say say it's probably my favorite DCEU movie to date. I had a blast with it - Jason Momoa exudes charisma as the character, I liked his chemistry with Mera, and the execution of the action was (mostly) good. The underwater worlds are detailed and well realized, and they did a great job with representing AM's traditional suit and powers on film.

Though it is too long, and the action does get a little exhausting by the last battle. Some of the CGI is very poor (there's sensory overload by the sheer quantity at times) and some of the humor didn't quit land for me. But overall a very good movie.
Me, too. I was rather surprised at how much I enjoyed it given the movie's run time and WB's track record. It is a bit long, but it more than delivers on that lengthy run time. Ideal blend of character and action scenes with smooth pacing.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"