DC Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

What is your favorite DC film thus far?

Man of Steel
2%
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice
17%
Suicide Squad
2%
Wonder Woman
10%
Justice League
No votes
Aquaman
2%
Shazam!
5%
Birds of Prey
2%
Wonder Woman 1984
No votes
Zack Snyder's Justice League
12%
The Suicide Squad
48%

Total votes: 42

_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Post by _JNavs_ »

Do you guys think there's a possibility, if Joker is a major success, they'll throw him into the Batman film? even if just a cameo? Maybe they're waiting to see how that film does before setting Batman during a specific decade? Reminder Batman is rumored to be set in the 90s, 10 years after Joker
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

_JNavs_ wrote:Do you guys think there's a possibility, if Joker is a major success, they'll throw him into the Batman film? even if just a cameo? Maybe they're waiting to see how that film does before setting Batman during a specific decade? Reminder Batman is rumored to be set in the 90s, 10 years after Joker
Doubtful, this seems to be one of those things that people get all serious and artsy about. Even if WB wanted it, I'd feel like the actor wouldn't agree to it or whatever. Like how there was never a chance that Nolan's TDK trilogy was ever going to be a springboard for a wider universe with Bale's Batman teaming up with Superman.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Phoenix reportedly doesn't want a multi-film deal, which is one of the reasons he turned down the role of Dr. Strange.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

After a lot of thought and consideration and deciding to give the trailers a go and willing to give DC another chance. Shazam actually looks like it could be lots of fun and the DC movie I wanted. Looks way more fun then Aquaman. Gonna check it out.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Really liked Shazam. Just saw it today, the comedy lands 9/10 times. Sivana who I was worried would be turned into a joke, is actually a pretty cool villain.

I rate it 8/10

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

Shazam was a very good modern version of an archetypal Golden Age superhero.

I thought the seven deadly sins monsters were really cool.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Gonna have to unfortunately delay seeing Shazam! until the 23rd since my friend will be out of town this and supposedly next week. Hope its worth all this wait.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Really liking how the movies on the individual characters, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam, each have had a unique style to them without seeming like they can't all coexist.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Shazam! was pretty good. It had a lot of heart, and it felt like it was in line with the director's vision, something which also gave a little spice to Aquaman.

I never doubted that DC could make a comeback, and it looks like it's finally here. They did great with pulling off a villain with similar powers to the titular hero, and having side characters that actually mattered was great. The director got his start from creating horror shorts on youtube, it's pretty inspiring. A solid 8/10.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Over $258 mil. at the Worldwide Box Office, as of the end of the second weekend. Definitely gonna be over $300 mil. by the end of the third weekend. Could even be over $400 mil. by the time Avengers: Endgame takes the stage on Apr. 26...

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I liked Shazam, it was a fun superhero film. Now while I prefer darker films, I do understand that Shazam has always been a bright hero in contrast to the more serious Justice League members. It'll make for a nice dynamic between tones.

Hopefully in JL2 (whenever it ends up being released) Superman has a stern but hopeful personality, Batman is the dark brooder with the sick one liners and Shazam has his flare and charm.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

The next JL movie may have Shazam INSTEAD of Superman. The Big Red Cheese has subbed for Supes before. Besides, he has resistance to magic, something that Superman doesn't have at all...

Current worldwide box office for Shazam! stands at $321.9 mil. Definitely gonna pass $400 mil. before it's done...

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

MandaSaurus wrote:The next JL movie may have Shazam INSTEAD of Superman. The Big Red Cheese has subbed for Supes before. Besides, he has resistance to magic, something that Superman doesn't have at all...

Current worldwide box office for Shazam! stands at $321.9 mil. Definitely gonna pass $400 mil. before it's done...
So does that mean it broke even?
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Shazam reportedly only cost about 100 million max.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

So I came back from seeing Shazam!

SKREEONKING LOVED IT! :D

THIS! THIS is the DCEU movie I've long been waiting for and for once they finally got it right. If they keep this approach up DCEU will finally be up on its game for once. I'd even go as far to saying this is among the best movies I've seen this year alongside Missing Link and I can comfortably say was an even better movie than Captain Marvel as well as some of the last few MCU films released recently such as Ant-Man and the Wasp and Black Panther.

Another thing. The humor is what Thor: Ragnarok's should had been. Not taking itself seriously at times but otherwise times where it does without being interrupted by a damn joke (Besides one scene). Take notes Thor: Ragnarok. This is how you do a movie in this style, approach and tone!

The way I see this film its basically DC's Guardians of the Galaxy in terms of tone given how campy and fun it is. :)

Although it was far from perfect. There were a few criticisms I had but it didn't stop me from loving the film.
Spoiler:
-I felt Billy's biological mother never finding her son could had been executed better. Felt it was done poorly that she just gave up that easily as a mother. Because she felt she didn't have the responsibility given how young she was? At least should had tried. Honestly as cliche as it may sound I think her having died would had worked here instead and should had gone with that.
-Freddy's hypocrisy. Given the argument both Billy and he has in the film later on I felt Freddy was kind of hypocritical saying how Billy is wanting to have all the attention although he at the same time was trying to do it himself by trying to have Billy show up at Shazam at school so he could be cool.
-Movie could of had at least 10-20 minutes cut out. IMO I felt it was a bit overlong.
That said though definitely picking up on Blu-Ray. Without a doubt my favorite DC movie period.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Trailers for the new Swamp Thing live-action series:

Trailer 1:

Trailer 2:

Wow, it looks very dark. Plus a Swamp Thing TV series with James Wan attached? Count me in.
Last edited by KManX89 on Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Shazam was such a fun, wholesome movie. Made me feel good.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Just curious. Does anybody here think the DCEU, or whatever it's being called now, will ever catch up to the MCU? Because at this point, with Avengers: Endgame being the magnum opus of the MCU, and most likely superhero movies as a whole, the only way how I see this happening is if the MCU gets 'woke' in the post-Thanos era like a lot many people fear. And even then, there is the possiblity that 'superhero fatigue' will happen after Endgame.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

gottatalktothefake wrote:Shazam was such a fun, wholesome movie. Made me feel good.
Ditto here. Favorite DC movie to date. Definitely among my favorite movies so far this year alongside Missing Link.

Added in 6 minutes 58 seconds:
This was just posted.

Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue May 07, 2019 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Michael Rooker has been cast as King Shark in Suicide Squad 2. I mean knowing James Gunn is it really any surprise?
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983