DC Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

What is your favorite DC film thus far?

Man of Steel
2%
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice
17%
Suicide Squad
2%
Wonder Woman
10%
Justice League
No votes
Aquaman
2%
Shazam!
5%
Birds of Prey
2%
Wonder Woman 1984
No votes
Zack Snyder's Justice League
12%
The Suicide Squad
48%

Total votes: 42

mecha-gino
Futurian

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Post by mecha-gino »

EmperorGhidorah wrote:From what we have heard so far, Batman v. Superman is going to suck ass. Too many characters, questionable casting, and lackluster/recycled villains = bad movie. And that's to bad because I like DC, much more so than marvel. But if it does succeed, which I hope it does, DC will take off from there. Two justice league movies, one of which is going to have darkseid as a villain. You can't compete with that.
I wouldn't say too many characters. So far we have 3 main villain roles, or possibly 2 as we don't know much about Diana's involvement, and the rest seem to be cameos. I'll display that on the list below.

Casting choices can go either way but I feel people shouldn't be too harsh to judge someone before actually seeing them in the movie. Heath Ledger, Chris Hemsworth, and Chris Evans are good examples of this.

And Lec a lackluster villain? HA! Film wise we have yet to see the modern day Lex Luthor who's basically a evil version of Tony Stark and judging by the tidbits we've heard and the existence of Lex Corp, we'll be getting that. My main hope with Lex is besides working with another villain, he gets his armor.

So I don't really see how this equals a bad movie, unless you can see into the future or something which I doubt.

And here's the current character list provided by Ernesth but edited to show who's got what role so far.
ernesth100 wrote:Character so Far
Superman (Main character)
Batman (Main Character)
Lex Luthor (Main Character)
Aquaman (Probably a cameo as we've heard little about the characters involvement or Jason being sighted on set. If the actor hasn't been spotted on the set too much, then it's probably a cameo)
Cyborg (Confirmed Cameo)
Wonder Woman (Probably a main character but we haven't heard much other then Gadot will be returning to shoot more scenes)

Course if any of this post has been already posted or pointed out, my bad.
R.I.P My Old Sig. 2011 to 2016

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

I completely agree with Mecha Gino. Also anyone else wondering why their not doing the Cyborg and Green Lantern films before Justice League Part 2 or better yet before part 1?

Cyborg I can deal with I consider him more of a Teen Titan than a Justice League member. Infact I'm suprised DC isn't even thinking about a Teen Titan movie. That would rake in more money tha they could imagine just for nostalgia from the cartoon. Also on a totally different not non Justice League. Wouldn't Kristen Stewart be the perfect choice for Raven? I mean she's naturally gloomy so it wouldn't be that hard for her to play a charcter who's always like that.

Anyways back to the Justice League. Because Green Lantern is such a vital member of the Justice League. When I think of the Justice League I think of:

Batman
Super-Man
Wonder-Woman
Green Lantern
Aquaman

The only time I've actually seen Shazam in the Justice League is in Justice League: War.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

mecha-gino wrote: My main hope with Lex is besides working with another villain, he gets his armor.
That's pretty likely, I think. Considering the amount and scale of the combat in Man of Steel, I really doubt they'll put a villain in the sequel who is incapable of physically fighting Superman.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

SteveIrwinFan96
G-Force Personnel

Post by SteveIrwinFan96 »

Some Suicide Squad news.
First, the cast has been announced: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... /?a=111860
Second, Amanda Waller casting, as well as Eisenberg in talks: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... /?a=111864
and last but not least, the writers hint at the film's plot: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... /?a=111865.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I wonder if Tom Hardy is playing Bane again?

edit: just saw he isn't.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Post by Mr. Xeno »

Excited for Suicide Squad, definitely. Great cast (Jared Leto is a fantastic choice for the Joker).
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

Konica
Monarch Researcher

Post by Konica »

Mr. Xeno wrote:Excited for Suicide Squad, definitely. Great cast (Jared Leto is a fantastic choice for the Joker).
The Joker is back? Again? There are sooo many great villains, just pick another one already. Give the Joker a break. At the very least go a different direction with him, don't imitate the dark knight.

Man, this Leto fellow has some big clown shoes to fill.

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Post by Mr. Xeno »

Konica wrote: The Joker is back? Again? There are sooo many great villains, just pick another one already. Give the Joker a break. At the very least go a different direction with him, don't imitate the dark knight.
You say that as if the movie doesn't have Deadshot, Captain Boomerang, Enchantress, Harley Quinn, and Rick Flagg in it as well. And we don't even know how Leto is going to play Joker yet. He will probably do his own thing.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Mr. Xeno wrote:
Konica wrote: The Joker is back? Again? There are sooo many great villains, just pick another one already. Give the Joker a break. At the very least go a different direction with him, don't imitate the dark knight.
You say that as if the movie doesn't have Deadshot, Captain Boomerang, Enchantress, Harley Quinn, and Rick Flagg in it as well. And we don't even know how Leto is going to play Joker yet. He will probably do his own thing.
Exactly who knows he might be the best Joker yet.

Konica
Monarch Researcher

Post by Konica »

ernesth100 wrote:
Mr. Xeno wrote:
Exactly who knows he might be the best Joker yet.
Somehow I doubt that. I'm not saying he's going to suck, but best Joker yet? Ledger set the bar ridiculously high. And I'm glad they have other villains, but again: why reuse the Joker? Just because they have other characters doesn't change the fact that they're spamming Joker everywhere. Not just the movies, but the games and comics too.

I'm not trying to be negative here, just cautiously pessimistic.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

1. Every notice people put "cautiously" before every word all of a sudden?
2. What other villians would you have chose? Besides the Joker and Lex Luthor.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

ernesth100 wrote:1. Every notice people put "cautiously" before every word all of a sudden?
For me, I wish they went with the idea of lexcorp recovers the body of zod. Using technology and materials found in the remains of the kryptonian ships, try to clone a kryptonian. Things go horribly wrong, of course, and they instead create bizarro or doomsday. My problem with Lex being a villain is we have already seen him as a villain in several other DC movies. They have multiple routes they could go in terms of villains. I mean you have your DC Trinity. Give'm someone to fight.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

ernesth100 wrote:1. Every notice people put "cautiously" before every word all of a sudden?
Cautiously I cautiously don't cautiously know cautiously what cautiously you're cautiously talking cautiously about.

Konica
Monarch Researcher

Post by Konica »

1. Not really.
2. I'm fine with Lex since we haven't seen him on the silver screen in a while. But to answer your question, there are many villains I'd enjoying watching. Riddler comes to mind, but he doesn't really fit with the squad. Death Stroke is the obvious choice. Since Harley is in it Ivy would make great chemistry. But less known villains is where it's really at. Killer Frost, Calendar Man, heck even Crazy Quilt. I just feel like I've seen Joker before, I'm ready for something new.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Really hoping we get a proper comic book Joker this time. Ledger's was crazy, but other than the outfit, not particularly clown-y. Nicholson's had plenty of gags, but not enough of that intense insane presence. In my opinion, The Dark Knight animated series and the Arkham games are the only ones to do Joker justice so far. Really hoping the folks handling Joker at WB pay close attention to those incarnations this time around.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

I'd like to see a live-action adaption of the killing joke, the dark knight returns, or the court of owls. They are all fantastic comics and deserve a movie.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

So anyone hoping for Black Manta in Aquamnan?

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

2. Lex and Doomsday.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Kaijunator wrote:2. Lex and Doomsday.
Lex teamed up with Doomsday?

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

ernesth100 wrote:
Kaijunator wrote:2. Lex and Doomsday.
Lex teamed up with Doomsday?
They both hate Supes, so why not?
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!