DC Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

What is your favorite DC film thus far?

Man of Steel
2%
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice
15%
Suicide Squad
2%
Wonder Woman
10%
Justice League
No votes
Aquaman
2%
Shazam!
5%
Birds of Prey
2%
Wonder Woman 1984
No votes
Zack Snyder's Justice League
12%
The Suicide Squad
49%

Total votes: 41

Komenja
Interpol Agent

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Post by Komenja »

_JNavs_ wrote: I think I'd rather watch a compilation of Florida weirdos doing weird stuff for 2hrs and 45min than to watch the horrid trainwreck that's inevitably on it's way.
Here, hold the camera. I'll back in an hour with some speedballs, shopping carts, and the alligator. Then we can get this trashfire raging!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Komenja wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: I think I'd rather watch a compilation of Florida weirdos doing weird stuff for 2hrs and 45min than to watch the horrid trainwreck that's inevitably on it's way.
Here, hold the camera. I'll back in an hour with some speedballs, shopping carts, and the alligator. Then we can get this trashfire raging!
:lol: :lol: Alright great, I'll get the clown shoes, bungee harnesses and a few monkeys from the Bronx Zoo.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

The rumor going around (and mind you, it IS just a rumor) for Birds of Prey is that
Spoiler:
Cassandra Cain, an underaged girl swallows dick picks of Black Mask which he tries to get back from her. THAT'S what they're cutting in reshoots.
:shock: Wow, I'm almost at a loss for words typing this. If anyone at WB seriously thought this was a good idea, then somebody (or some studio execs) should be out of a job. ASAP.

I'd like to believe WB wouldn't be this stupid, but then again, this IS the same studio that greenlit a Trench movie (!) and had Batman have a change of heart after spending 2 years trying to kill Superman because ZOMG, his mom has the same last name. That "Martha" moment will forever live in infamy.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

The mother figure humanized Clark enough for Bruce to realize the error in his ways, realizing Clark isn't just an alien, he was raised by a family in Smallville, that alone makes him more human than Bruce, and Bruce knows it.

It's actually quite poetic. I'm surprised people never gave it a fair chance.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Because it’s executed horrendously, much like everything in BvS.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

UltramanGoji wrote:Because it’s executed horrendously, much like everything in BvS.
yeah, I like the INTETNIONS of the scene but the way it was set up was just stupid, rushed, and hamfisted.

good metaphor for the movie, actually.

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Who also calls their mother by their name? I could buy the scene and it'd be more realistically if Clark said "Y-You're letting them kill my mother! P-Pl-Please save her! Save my mother!".

Sad when I can come up with something better then the director and writers.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Who also calls their mother by their name? I could buy the scene and it'd be more realistically if Clark said "Y-You're letting them kill my mother! P-Pl-Please save her! Save my mother!".
This has actually been my primary gripe with it, too. It just seems so out of place to call her Martha that it comes across as Snyder saying "Look guys, they have the same name! Betchya didn't know that!" I feel like "mother" would have had the same exact impact from a story telling stand point.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Who also calls their mother by their name? I could buy the scene and it'd be more realistically if Clark said "Y-You're letting them kill my mother! P-Pl-Please save her! Save my mother!".

Superman was keeping things strictly under wraps because alter-egos.

Why would he reveal the woman who needed help was his mother when the Batpsycho has a spear at his throat?

I mean yeah "mother" makes more sense, but we gotta remember they don't trust each other at this point.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

_JNavs_ wrote:

Why would he reveal the woman who needed help was his mother when the Batpsycho has a spear at his throat?

I mean yeah "mother" makes more sense, but we gotta remember they don't trust each other at this point.
I feel like this is completely nullified by Lois going "It's his mother" seconds after the fact.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Maritonic wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:

I feel like this is completely nullified by Lois going "It's his mother" seconds after the fact.
Oh yeah it is, but we must remember that it's Lois stating it, Superman's still trying to keep up the false front that his mother is just a random woman in need.

Rather than, "The Aliens' mother".
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Absolutely amazing review from the Fandom! folks. It sounds like Joker is a very unsettling and deeply disturbing film, and I am all for it. The Joker isn't a character to glorify nor root for.

#BotM

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I feel nothing.

Bud and Lou showing up is cool though.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

That's gonna be a no from me dawg

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Mental Illness Cinematic Universe

I don't think there's anything in that trailer that looks inherently worse than most of the recent DC movies. :shrug:
Living Corpse wrote:Bud and Lou showing up is cool though.
Aw man, I thought you meant the Bud and Lou. :(
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Living Corpse wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGM4uYZzfu0

I feel nothing.

Bud and Lou showing up is cool though.
And whadd'ya know? It still looks terrible. No Leto Joker, though, that can only help it.

Looks like they're still batting a no-hitter on crossovers.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rodan95
Monarch Researcher

Post by Rodan95 »

The trailer was fine but it looks like a mess. Its trying to be cartoonish but violent at the same time. And I was hoping we could see Black Mask in the mask.

Even if it sucks, at least GvK is a month away lol

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Birds of Prey has got to be one of the worst trailers I have EVER seen from a big budget film.... There was nothing funny, entertaining, exciting or remoting interesting that would make me watch that.

This is a HUGE I mean HUGE hell no.... I foresee a massive flop with this.

On a positive note this pretty much confirms Godzilla's trailer will come sometime in November.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

XxComablack1937xX wrote:Birds of Prey has got to be one of the worst trailers I have EVER seen from a big budget film.... There was nothing funny, entertaining, exciting or remoting interesting that would make me watch that.

This is a HUGE I mean HUGE hell no.... I foresee a massive flop with this.

On a positive note this pretty much confirms Godzilla's trailer will come sometime in November.
It's not even big-budget, it's a small budget film.

And it still looks terrible, but at least no emo Leto Joker.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Looks like shite. Congrats to the 5 people excited for this though.