DC Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

What is your favorite DC film thus far?

Man of Steel
2%
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice
17%
Suicide Squad
2%
Wonder Woman
10%
Justice League
No votes
Aquaman
2%
Shazam!
5%
Birds of Prey
2%
Wonder Woman 1984
No votes
Zack Snyder's Justice League
12%
The Suicide Squad
48%

Total votes: 42

Futurian

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Post by 3000 »

Matt Reeves officially signs on for Batman:
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/w ... an-a149182

Nightwing film in the works at DC/WB:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/n ... ie-a149184
Member of TK Since 2006

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I still think this universe is going to fall into chaos considering Ben Affleck wanting to leave his role...Wonder Woman is the final chance I'm giving it, if that movie doesn't deliver, then I hold no more hope for the DCEU, they might as well just drop it or reset it all over again...

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I still think this universe is going to fall into chaos considering Ben Affleck wanting to leave his role...Wonder Woman is the final chance I'm giving it, if that movie doesn't deliver, then I hold no more hope for the DCEU, they might as well just drop it or reset it all over again...
Zack Snyder isn't attached to The Batman, so I'll still at least have high hopes for that one if the others don't pan out (which is sadly a real possibility).

But do panic in the case of WW because insiders are reporting it's suffered the same narrative problems of past DCEU films.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

KManX89 wrote:But do panic in the case of WW because insiders are reporting it's suffered the same narrative problems of past DCEU films.
Ugh...First we get the Martha thing, now this, what's it going to be? Wonder Woman finds out Ares is really her father or something?

If this is the case, they should just end or reboot it where it is... -_-

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

3000 wrote:Matt Reeves officially signs on for Batman:
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/w ... an-a149182

Nightwing film in the works at DC/WB:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/n ... ie-a149184
Nightwing? Finally :)
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
KManX89 wrote:But do panic in the case of WW because insiders are reporting it's suffered the same narrative problems of past DCEU films.
Ugh...First we get the Martha thing, now this, what's it going to be? Wonder Woman finds out Ares is really her father or something?

If this is the case, they should just end or reboot it where it is... -_-
I doubt they'll go THAT route again, but I expect the story to be jumbled in other respects. The same insiders who cited the story problems in BvS before its release were pushed to the wayside, yet here we are.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

KManX89 wrote:I doubt they'll go THAT route again
I truly hope your right.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Ugh...First we get the Martha thing, now this, what's it going to be?
TBH I don't hate the Martha thing at all. Batman would've backed off after Superman mentioned Martha, but he didn't. He only backed off when he discovered that Martha was Supes's mom (probably because he didn't want a mother to go through losing her son). I think Bruce only had that flashback and asked why he said that name because he didn't know if his Martha was somehow still alive.

Also, how the heck have people watched WW? It's still got like four months before it releases.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Futurian

Post by 3000 »

Kaijunator wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Ugh...First we get the Martha thing, now this, what's it going to be?
TBH I don't hate the Martha thing at all. Batman would've backed off after Superman mentioned Martha, but he didn't. He only backed off when he discovered that Martha was Supes's mom (probably because he didn't want a mother to go through losing her son). I think Bruce only had that flashback and asked why he said that name because he didn't know if his Martha was somehow still alive.

Also, how the heck have people watched WW? It's still got like four months before it releases.
Even when you put the whole martha thing in that context, its still pretty --------.

As for the Wonder Woman thing, test screenings happen fairly in advance of the release dates of most blockbuster films.
Member of TK Since 2006

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

3000 wrote:
Kaijunator wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Ugh...First we get the Martha thing, now this, what's it going to be?

Even when you put the whole martha thing in that context, its still pretty --------.

As for the Wonder Woman thing, test screenings happen fairly in advance of the release dates of most blockbuster films.
Yes, but at least it makes some sense. Why would anything back off because their moms have the same name?

Isn't WW still being edited and stuff? The test screenings may not contain the final film, the one that goes to theaters.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

The Martha thing never bothered me because to me it was Batman realizing that another Mother was going to die because he was preventing her Son from saving her.

Bruce's mother Martha died because there was no one to save her and now Superman who he previously viewed as an all powerful being was going through what he had experienced as a child.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

miguelnuva wrote:The Martha thing never bothered me because to me it was Batman realizing that another Mother was going to die because he was preventing her Son from saving her.

Bruce's mother Martha died because there was no one to save her and now Superman who he previously viewed as an all powerful being was going through what he had experienced as a child.
Oh yeah that's right Lex's henchmen would burn Clark's Martha alive. But of course, most people didn't think of that or even paid attention to what was actually going on. All they saw was Batman backing down because Superman's mom's name was Martha.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Kaijunator wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:The Martha thing never bothered me because to me it was Batman realizing that another Mother was going to die because he was preventing her Son from saving her.

Oh yeah that's right Lex's henchmen would burn Clark's Martha alive. But of course, most people didn't think of that or even paid attention to what was actually going on. All they saw was Batman backing down because Superman's mom's name was Martha.
One track minds. What can ya do?
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Futurian

Post by 3000 »

But how does that change Bruce's opinion that Superman is a danger to the world at large though? Especially since he's incredibly determined to murder Superman 2/3rds of the film. Just because they have more in common than Bruce previously realized doesnt mean he's just going to change his mind completely in the course of less than 20 seconds.

Bruce Wayne/Batman: "If there is a one percent chance he is our enemy, we have to take it as an absolute certainty"

How would any of his attitude change? Bats is human sure, but that is such a leap for him to make from wanting to murder Supes to being best buds with him from a revelation that isnt even elaborated on that well. Bats just changes his mind and decides to help supes

I would however note that this Batman is incredibly stupid in the first place. Did absolutely no research whatsoever on if Superman is a bad guy or not. Worlds greatest detective my ass.

Fuck this movie.
Member of TK Since 2006

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Post by Mr. Xeno »

The way I interpreted the Martha scene was that it was an old, world weary Batman being reminded of what he was supposed to stand for, and what created him, and subsequently realizing how unjustified he was in hunting Superman down like a dog. Plus, as others have said, he was also learning that Clark's mother was in immediate danger and needed help, hence the haste to go save her.

It was all still horribly edited, though. That was the biggest editing issue I had that WASN'T fixed by the extended cut.

Oh, and Matt Reeves is directing after all? Jesus Christ, maybe these fucking news sites should wait a while before posting every tidbit they hear. By this point, I'm half expecting Reeves to stop out again in a week.

But he's still a fantastic director, and I have faith in him and Affleck to produce a solid movie.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

New poster for Wonder Woman.
Spoiler:
Added in 2 hours 29 minutes 41 seconds:
Also new teaser with third trailer coming out tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DRMw17qRf8

Added in 2 hours 19 seconds:
Full third trailer is out for Wonder Woman!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... OSl5nufl1A

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Justice League trailer debuts Saturday.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Full teaser collection.

Added in 14 hours 46 minutes 2 seconds:
And then there's this.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

That's a nice trailer, looks like Snyder is putting a lot of fan service for this film.
I'm still more excited about Wonder Woman, especially since Snyder doesn't have anything to do in it.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Destorogoji wrote:I'm still more excited about Wonder Woman, especially since Snyder doesn't have anything to do in it.
Agreed, how this guy ever managed to get into the directing business we'll never know. He makes Michael Bay seem like a legend in comparison. thank god he's been fired (Things with Justice League were just too far along to pull him without having to seriously delay the movie coming out). Should've happened long ago. If I were Warner Bros. I'd just reboot the universe considering the mess its currently in since BvS. I mean who thought of the second movie in the franchise, being a

-Batman origin
-Batman killing
-Lex Luthor intro
-Wonder Women intro
-Death of Superman
-Batman vs Superman
-Intro other JL figures with those videos
-Prophecy stuff
-Flash dreams
-Parademons and Darkseid
-The Martha scene

I mean seriously. Killing Superman in his SECOND film.