DC Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

What is your favorite DC film thus far?

Man of Steel
2%
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice
15%
Suicide Squad
2%
Wonder Woman
10%
Justice League
No votes
Aquaman
2%
Shazam!
5%
Birds of Prey
2%
Wonder Woman 1984
No votes
Zack Snyder's Justice League
12%
The Suicide Squad
49%

Total votes: 41

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Aquaman trailer likely to show in theaters alongside Fallen Kingdom next weekend. Will hit online any day now.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Is it weird that I’m actually kind of excited for Aquaman now? Am I under some strange sort of Stockholm syndrome? They released a teaser photo of Black Manta today and I unexpectedly felt myself get hyped.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I have hopes for it. Wan's enthusiasm for the project I found a little infecting. Ever since he talked about life under the sea and all the weird creatures that could live down there kinda got me excited too. Besides ever since Entourage I've found the idea of an Aquaman movie to be quite an interesting chance to make a really cool film.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

The Joaquin Phoenix Joker movie is official. Directed by Todd Phillips on a $55 million budget.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... go-1126127

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

TheSecondComing wrote:The Joaquin Phoenix Joker movie is official. Directed by Todd Phillips on a $55 million budget.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... go-1126127
This.......this could be interesting.

Added in 25 minutes 53 seconds:
Significantly lower budget, comparatively to DCEU films (55mil compared to 175mil for Suicide Squad which DC's Joker appeared in). Phoenix is an incredible actor. If they do a Killing Joke style backstory. This HAS the potential to be very good as a stand alone Joker film.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Aquaman trailer is 2 minutes and 30 seconds. After Godzilla I'm looking forward to this the most.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Aquaman trailer is 2 minutes and 30 seconds. After Godzilla I'm looking forward to this the most.
James Wan gives me hope. DCEU takes that away. So I'm kind of neutral. But, I'll admit it's the only other trailer from comic con I'd like to see.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

I’m honestly sorta interested to see what Shazam! is like. If they really embrace the silliness of the material, I think it has a chance.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Well the Shazam and Aquaman trailers dropped. Shazam's in particular seemed great.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I really think these solo films could turn the DCEU around.

Aquaman looks pretty good, it's seemingly based off the New 52 origin, from what little I know. Amber Heard looks really hot as Mera, although the actress herself I'm not a fan of.

Shazam looks unique, I'm kinda getting vibes from that one Tom Hanks movie.

Wonder Woman 1984 is probably going to do just as well as the first, we probably won't get the trailer for a while. Still can't see Kristen Wig playing a villain.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

The One and Only
Futurian

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Post by The One and Only »

SHAZAM Comic Con/Geek Pride Trailer.

Chuck's got super powers.
AQUAMAN Comic Con/Geek Pride Trailer.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Well color me pressed with these new trailers. Maybe the DCEU is finally finding it's footing.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

TyrantGojira wrote:Well color me pressed with these new trailers. Maybe the DCEU is finally finding it's footing.
Considering they're pretty much separating any of the upcoming movies from the DCEU at this point yes.

https://www.cbr.com/warner-bros-dc-exte ... dc-reveal/

MrGoji1999
Monarch Researcher

Post by MrGoji1999 »

Well, I have to admit, even though so far the DCEU (I mean, The Worlds of DC) record hans´t been great, with only Wonder Woman being their only genuinely good film so far, the trailers for both Shazam and Aquaman look pretty good, shame that KOTM stole their thunder with THAT trailer though :P.
Now I have become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds- J. Robert Oppenheimer.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

I'm actually hopeful for these two movies, I'm more interested in these two than what's coming from the MCU in the next year so.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Aquaman is definitely a really cool looking movie, just hope that translates into a good movie.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

"Worlds of DC"? Man they essentially copied the name from Toho's World of Godzilla universe.... that hasn't even begun. :lol: ;) dont worry lads im just making a stupid joke
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Aquaman looked rather bland to me. Black Manta got me pretty excited though.

Shazam on the other hand looks fantastic, super surprised with how that looks.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Crap. I feel like it's a bad idea to get excited about DC movies these days, but Shazam actually looks like a lot of fun. Will absolutely be keeping an eye on this one.

Aquaman… I don't know. Jason Momoa and this take on the character didn't do anything for me in JL, but then that movie was garbage in general. It definitely looks like there's going to be some obnoxious tryhard, LOOK AT HOW FRICKIN COOL AQUAMAN REALLY IS stuff going on, but then there also looks like a lot of decent dumb fun material, too. We'll see.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

I must be in the minority, but Shazam looks stupid and is the worst looking super hero film since Spiderman 3 judging by the trailer. The trailer was more cringeworthy than a bayformers movie. I get that he is supposed to be a 10 year old boy in an adult's super hero body, but still.

Aquaman looks like it will be a good movie. I have not seen Justice league and while I hated BvS, I still loved Man of Steel and Wonder Woman.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.