Marvel Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorites (so far)?

Iron Man (2008)
9%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
1%
Iron Man 2 (2010)
1%
Thor (2011)
1%
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
4%
The Avengers (2012)
8%
Iron Man 3 (2013)
1%
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
1%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
9%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
9%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
2%
Ant-Man (2015)
1%
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
6%
Doctor Strange (2016)
2%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017)
4%
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
3%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
7%
Black Panther (2018)
2%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
11%
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
1%
Captain Marvel (2019)
1%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
9%
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
4%

Total votes: 403

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by Stump Feet »

Here I am, sitting all alone in my corner, a simple pleeb who enjoyed SpiderVerse and Far From Home.

The MCU is far from perfect but I enjoy a lighthearted Spidey, I grew up on Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends so to see that go down the drain for Sony to make another edgy Spidey reboot makes my eyes rain.
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Sorry guys I get too carried away at times. I'm really trying to stop this but its unfortunately a habit...:( Really gotta worker harder on thinking before posting.
You literally said the same thing verbatim last night in the IT thread, stop making apology posts and start showing results.
Last edited by Stump Feet on Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Venom sure did need the "MCU" name tag to really pull in those numbers amirite guys???

856 Mill, no help needed baby!

Sony's fine, I trust em.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Give me a live action adaptation of Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, dammit!
Last edited by Stump Feet on Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Long Live The Sting

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Stump Feet wrote:You literally said the same thing verbatim last night in the IT thread, stop making apology posts and start showing results.
Trying to work on it. That's all I can say. No body is perfect you know. All I got to do is keep trying. One step at a time and this isn't something that I can better myself from in one night.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

still haven't seen FFH yet, but I'm with Stump. Why not both? lol

also, @90s, we get it, buddy. It's alright to be passionate. It's just your attitude that can be a problem. But like you said, you're only human and you make mistakes. You're all good in my book, man.

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:It's just your attitude that can be a problem. But like you said, you're only human and you make mistakes. You're all good in my book, man.
Good to know. All I can say is I'll try to better my attitude. Can't make any promises but I'm trying.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

It's so odd seeing Sony being put to blame for the Spidey situation, with people calling them greedy etc etc.

Like just open your eyes sheep! :cry:

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:still haven't seen FFH yet, but I'm with Stump. Why not both? lol
I highly recommend it once it comes out on Blu-ray. I liked Homecoming but felt it lacked rewatch value, FFH really plays up the action and comedy so it’s going to be a very fun film to revisit.

There is this one very weird clunky scene where Mysterio gives a toast to all his lackies that I wasn’t a big fan of, but other than that, I thought the movie was wonderful.

Added in 2 minutes 45 seconds:
_JNavs_ wrote:It's so odd seeing Sony being put to blame for the Spidey situation, with people calling them greedy etc etc.
I could care less who’s greedier than who, both companies can fuck themselves in a closet raw for all I care, I’m just bummed out I’m losing a family friendly Spider-Man series I could take my daughters to see :shrug:
Long Live The Sting

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Stump Feet wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:It's so odd seeing Sony being put to blame for the Spidey situation, with people calling them greedy etc etc.
I could care less who’s greedier than who, both companies can fuck themselves in a closet raw for all I care, I’m just bummed out I’m losing a family friendly Spider-Man series I could take my daughters to see :shrug:
I'm not sure you are losing that. I mean, John Watts is still on board as director for the next movie, and I can't imagine he and the remaining producers are just going to decide to ignore the tone and style of the two extremely successful movies they've already made in the series.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

I hope you’re right, guess time will tell.
Long Live The Sting

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

UPDATE: Jeremy Ronrad reports Marvel-Sony's talks haven't concluded and the Spidey MCU deal could still be saved.

Oh thank God. Disney should just play ball with the current deal, though, which is what Sony was offering in the first place. Having a smaller cut is preferable to not having Spider-Man in any future MCU films, I think Disney knows that.

But yeah, both sides are being greedy fucks.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

KManX89 wrote:UPDATE: Jeremy Ronrad reports Marvel-Sony's talks haven't concluded and the Spidey MCU deal could still be saved.

Oh thank God. Disney should just play ball with the current deal, though, which is what Sony was offering in the first place. Having a smaller cut is preferable to not having Spider-Man in any future MCU films, I think Disney knows that.

But yeah, both sides are being greedy skreeonks.
Knew this all seemed really quick.

Also, part of this is apparently due to a producer credit according to Variety, so my guess: Sony wants to be credited for production slightly more then Feige and his guys

RIP Evan.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

A deal best be worked out, they can’t just drop a bombshell on us like the one at the end of FFH and not deliver
Long Live The Sting

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/11640350 ... 3003952128

“Much of today’s news about Spider-Man has mischaracterized recent discussions about Kevin Feige’s involvement in the franchise,” Sony said to THR. “We are disappointed, but respect Disney’s decision not to have him continue as a lead producer of our next live action Spider-Man film.”

Sony then further explained that Feige may have had too much on his plate to focus on "IP they do not own," especially with the recent addition of Marvel characters from Disney's acquisition of 21st Century Fox.

“We hope this might change in the future, but understand that the many new responsibilities that Disney has given him – including all their newly added Marvel properties – do not allow time for him to work on IP they do not own,” says the statement. “Kevin is terrific and we are grateful for his help and guidance and appreciate the path he has helped put us on, which we will continue.”

Some reports suggested that "studio chiefs Tom Rothman [at] Sony and Alan Horn at Disney could not agree on a financial arrangement to continue to collaborate," although Sony Pictures comments do not mention that at all.

Added in 44 minutes 31 seconds:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
See, but the thing is Sony is greedy too lol.

They don't care that it's "nearly as profitable", it's just "less then we had then before" so IT'S BAD.

Honestly, both Disney and Sony are being stupid greedy idiots.
No, it would be bad for them. If they had the proposed deal now, they would have made only 500 million off a 220 million dollar investment.

Disney asked them to go to numbers much lower the TASM 2, which is what drove them to making a deal in the first place.

Disney is the one being greedy. They can afford to pay and make compromises. Sony simply wants sustainability for their movie studio.
Last edited by Destoroyah of Worlds on Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Really glad I skipped Far From Home now. Really loved Spider-verse, hope they do more like that. Homecoming was okay, but wasn't the best. I'd say the best part of the film was the Vulture of all unexpected things.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

You know what, it would kind of be fantastic if they made a 4th Sam Raimi Spider-Man film
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:You know what, it would kind of be fantastic if they made a 4th Sam Raimi Spider-Man film
Agreed.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I think people are getting excited over nothing. Nowhere does Sony's statement makes any mention of Spidey being out of the MCU. All it appears to say is that Feige won't be directly involved anymore.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

It'd be pretty smug if they did a live action "Into The Spider-Verse" with Tobey, Andrew, Holland, Kirsten Dunst and Emma Stone.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Fish Cakes wrote:Really glad I skipped Far From Home now. Really loved Spider-verse, hope they do more like that. Homecoming was okay, but wasn't the best. I'd say the best part of the film was the Vulture of all unexpected things.
I think you made the right choice. I didn't really like Far From Home. Just a rinse and repeat of "I ****ing hate Tony Stark" instead of being about Spiderman. At some point, they have to rip the training wheels off and make Spiderman be his own person.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:You know what, it would kind of be fantastic if they made a 4th Sam Raimi Spider-Man film
Hell yes.

Maybe this will open up the door for that or a Tom Holland, Garfield, and Maguire Spiderverse...
Last edited by Destoroyah of Worlds on Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!