Marvel Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorites (so far)?

Iron Man (2008)
9%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
1%
Iron Man 2 (2010)
1%
Thor (2011)
1%
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
4%
The Avengers (2012)
8%
Iron Man 3 (2013)
1%
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
1%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
9%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
9%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
2%
Ant-Man (2015)
1%
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
6%
Doctor Strange (2016)
2%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017)
4%
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
3%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
7%
Black Panther (2018)
2%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
11%
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
1%
Captain Marvel (2019)
1%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
9%
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
4%

Total votes: 403

Ultraman02
GPN Volunteer

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by Ultraman02 »

Fish Cakes wrote:
Ultraman02 wrote:I have a friend that said Spider-verse is poop and says Homecoming was better...
I liked Homecoming but that is some very poop taste, dang.
Not saying he's wrong or right but I haven't seen Homecoming yet... What makes Homecoming better?
In a super jet he comes
From a billion miles AWAY!
From a DISTANT PLANET LAND!
COMES OUR HERO,
U L T R A M A N !

" シュワッチ!"

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Ultraman02 wrote:Not saying he's wrong or right but I haven't seen Homecoming yet... What makes Homecoming better]
What do you mean? Spider-verse is just the absolute best Spider-man film, there's no way around that imo. I haven't seen FFH, ASM, ASM2, or SM3 to be fair. I would say SM and SM2 were both better than Homecoming though. Homecoming is good, just Sony has had a better track record with understanding the character, I don't get why people see a couple bad movies (SM3 and ASM2 from what I've heard) and assume Sony is somehow going to ruin the character especially after how fucking great Spider-verse was.
Last edited by Fish Cakes on Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Fish Cakes wrote:
Ultraman02 wrote:Not saying he's wrong or right but I haven't seen Homecoming yet... What makes Homecoming better]
I don't get why people see a couple bad movies (SM3 and ASM2 from what I've heard) and assume Sony is somehow going to ruin the character especially after how skreeonking great Spider-verse was.
Sony is headed by Tom Rothman, who, as the head of Fox, droveout Byran Singer from X-Men 3, gave us Wolerine: Origins which, according to the rumors, he pestered the director to the point where he quit halfway and the movie was made without one from then one ordered Deapool's mouht to be stiched shut, greenlit the Tim Story F4 movies as well as Fant4stic. To be fair, that one turned out to be 'whole team effort' in how bad it was.

Not only that, but Avi Arad is a sterotypical old man who doesn't have his touch anymore.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I like Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man Homecoming, Spider-Man Far from home...

But lemme day that Into the Spiderverse is the best and if they just make more of that that’s cool with me.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Fish Cakes wrote:
KManX89 wrote:Fool me four times?
Four? Did you not like Spider-verse? How could anyone not like Spider-verse?
Sony's next epic Spidey fail would make it four, the other 3 being Spider-Man 3 and both TASM movies.

Not to mention Into the Spider-Verse was Sony Animation, which BTW, Tom Rothman and Avi Arad had nothing to do with. You know they WILL be on any live-action Spidey films from Sony Pictures like white on rice, though, which is not a good thing, like at all.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

TASM 1 was a good film. Sony is only on strike two for me.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

TASM was as good as Suicide Squade and Batman vs. Superman

Added in 5 minutes 14 seconds:
Fish Cakes wrote:I haven't seen FFH, ASM, ASM2, or SM3 to be fair.
You know you lose your dog in the race when you admit to not even seeing half the movies being discussed.

When you actually see them, then we'll listen to your opinions on how amazing Sony is :P
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

BVS is better than 95% of the MCU (including the Spidey flicks Sony co-produced) Based Snyder actually gets his vision out for the world to see. Is it a good one? No, but at least there is one. Nearly all the MCU flicks are vapid pieces of art which just reaffirm bad values like corporate wokeness or consumerism.

It also doesn't look like a washed out made-for-TV production 100% of the time, so that's a bonus. Has anybody seen The Winter Soldier recently? Christ that flick is ugly lol
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Man, you’ve had some shit opinions before but that one really takes the cake.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

UltramanGoji wrote:Man, you’ve had some shit opinions before but that one really takes the cake.
It's true though. Rather experience bad art than Feige's ghost directed schlock.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:BVS is better than 95% of the MCU (including the Spidey flicks Sony co-produced) Based Snyder actually gets his vision out for the world to see. Is it a good one? No, but at least there is one. Nearly all the MCU flicks are vapid pieces of art which just reaffirm bad values like corporate wokeness or consumerism.

It also doesn't look like a washed out made-for-TV production 100% of the time, so that's a bonus. Has anybody seen The Winter Soldier recently? Christ that flick is ugly lol
I agree with this, though I'd argue that it was quite an intriguing vision he had set up.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

>BatPunisher vs. Emoman better then 95% of MCU movies.

Lol.

We're talking about the same director who for some reason thought an Superman movie worked as dark and gritty with the Nolan approach. :lol:

Superman is suppose to be the symbol of hope, not that emo dour we got in Man of Steel.

When I think of Superman. I think of these.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:30 am, edited 4 times in total.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

I wish DC had taken their time like Marvel did.

Not shoved Joker into Suicide Squad for a quick buck. Just made Man of Steel 2 and 3 instead of Batman v Superman and Justice League.

Waited til Shazam, Aquaman, Matt Reeves' Batman, The Flash, and Lantern until they made Justice League. Post-End Game years would have been a perfect time to get the ball rolling on Justice League.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:I wish DC had taken their time like Marvel did.
The issue was they wanted to catch up to where the MCU was rather then take their time. That was the problem. Plus the hack that Zack Snyder was which people thought was a good to have in charge.

To me Shazam! and its sequel along with Black Adam I'll treat as standalone films.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
The issue was they wanted to catch up to where the MCU was rather then take their time. That was the problem. Plus the hack that Zack Snyder was which people thought was a good to have in charge.

To me Shazam! and its sequel along with Black Adam I'll treat as standalone films.
Yeah. I'm treating their movies as stand alone movies for the most part.

But man. It kind of ticks me off to think about what could have been. If they had just made solo films, no Suicide Squad Joker, and Man of Steel 2 & 3, Joker might not have been an Else World story. The universe wouldn't have these constant recasts. The films would be picking up steam and JL would be right around the corner just as the Marvel Universe lost all their major heroes.

I have no idea wtf is going on. If Henry Cavil is coming back. if they're just going to reboot Wonder Woman and Aquaman after another film or two.
Last edited by Destoroyah of Worlds on Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Ultraman02 wrote:I have a friend that said Spider-verse is shit and says Homecoming was better...
Watch them for yourself and make your own judgements
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:It's true though. Rather experience bad art than Feige's ghost directed schlock.
I didn't know that Armond White was a member here. :lol: :P

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:>BatPunisher vs. Emoman better then 95% of MCU movies.

Lol.

We're talking about the same director who for some reason thought an Superman movie worked as dark and gritty with the Nolan approach. :lol:

Superman is suppose to be the symbol of hope, not that emo dour we got in Man of Steel.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I just love how people say that Synderman is "not your father's Superman" as if it's a good thing. Man Of Steel is a trainwreck and BvS was simply BS. Both crippled ANY hope of the DCEU ever attening the height of the MCU did via Endgame. There is a reason why the DCEU is distancing itself from the Snyderverse for a reason.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:>BatPunisher vs. Emoman better then 95% of MCU movies.

Lol.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
"BatPunisher" is a beast and still Batman at his core, just a broken badass now.

"Emoman" is a conflicted extraterrestrial being not of this planet, and he doesn't learn it until he's around 8 year old. That'd do a helluva kick to your mental. Then to top it off, who says he has to save anyone? Why does he have to save anyone? Like his seen-commonly-in-real-life overprotective parents who just want him to live his life and be himself said it best when they said "You don't owe this world a thing", especially during the time when the world was looking at Superman like he wasn't wanted.

My point is, these superheroes will NEVER remain little back of the cereal box, goody two shoe, boy scouts, kissing booboos and saving cats out of trees.

The world has evolved, our mind frames have evolved, our everyday situations have evolved.

Superman WAS still a Symbol of Hope in BvS, but the point of the film was to show that there is always conflicting perspectives on what "Hope" is.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

For a second I thought this was the DCEU thread :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Plus the hack that Zack Snyder was which people thought was a good to have in charge.

Do you have a thing against Zack Snyder??

Shazam was easily the weakest DCEU film next to SS, too comedic and kiddy and definitely not what the DCEU should thrive for.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.