Marvel Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorites (so far)?

Iron Man (2008)
9%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
1%
Iron Man 2 (2010)
1%
Thor (2011)
1%
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
4%
The Avengers (2012)
8%
Iron Man 3 (2013)
2%
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
1%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
9%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
9%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
3%
Ant-Man (2015)
1%
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
6%
Doctor Strange (2016)
2%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017)
4%
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
4%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
7%
Black Panther (2018)
3%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
11%
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
1%
Captain Marvel (2019)
1%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
9%
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
4%

Total votes: 398

UltramanGoji

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by UltramanGoji »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:If Apple buys Sony and all Marvel properties revert back to the MCU, prepare for run of the mill cheese flicks for the rest of our days.

Prepare for no future Marvel film to ever feel different from one another

Prepare for every non MCU film to copy the insert sudden random kids joke formula

Prepare for the X-Men to be watered down to a near soup-state

Prepare for the Fantastic Four to actually be useful for once in their careers
Having some real trouble understanding your bitching and moaning here. Why shouldn't Marvel/Disney get ALL OF THEIR CHARACTERS back?

That's not what "monopoly" means.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

True, looking back on it now, my bad.

RIP Evan.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:True, looking back on it now, my bad.
I see where you're coming from, there's very little variation going forward if the entire library is owned by the mouse-house.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Lmao maybe i touched a nerve?

I just like my movies to offer some genuine thought provoking questions that need proper resolve. Not typical-run-of-the-mill super-schlock, but to each his own, guy.
Lmao, no not really. But hey, aren't you a Godzilla fan? Shouldn't you like run-of-the-mill-schlock?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

MM Raids Again wrote:Lmao, no not really. But hey, aren't you a Godzilla fan? Shouldn't you like run-of-the-mill-schlock?
Everyone here dislikes Godzilla one way or another, none of us are really his fans. >:C

JNAVS just rampantly defends KotM though from what I've seen, so spot-on there, MM.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Fish Cakes wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:Lmao, no not really. But hey, aren't you a Godzilla fan? Shouldn't you like run-of-the-mill-schlock?
Everyone here dislikes Godzilla one way or another, none of us are really his fans. >:C

JNAVS just rampantly defends KotM though from what I've seen, so spot-on there, MM.
Lmao barely, it's funny how some of you choose to ignore when I criticize the film. Nor do you even know me so I'd rather you not make assumption based-judgements, uwu.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

_JNavs_ wrote:Lmao barely, it's funny how some of you choose to ignore when I criticize the film, uwu.
If by criticize you mean ignore blatant flaws, argue against other members' valid critiques, and get mad, sure. My mistake, hope you can forgive me. uwu

Thinking of seeing FFH, is it bogged down by MCU stuff or does it stand up well as a Sequel to Homecoming?
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Fish Cakes wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Lmao barely, it's funny how some of you choose to ignore when I criticize the film, uwu.
If by criticize you mean ignore blatant flaws, argue against other members' valid critiques, and get mad, sure. My mistake, hope you can forgive me. uwu

Thinking of seeing FFH, is it bogged down by MCU stuff or does it stand up well as a Sequel to Homecoming?
I have agreed with many of the flaws but it does not affect my views on the film which I found stellar, yes. Yes, I argue other's critiques, because this is a forum, where you discuss and "argue" on points mentioned, especially when some of the individuals in the conversation tend to be a bit venomous in their nature. Get mad? Uh no, definitely not.

But I forgive you, ;u;

And yes, FFH stands up as a sequel to Homecoming, I found it better than HC. However Peter is still on his arc of trying to be Ironman Jr.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

KOTM is the best Godzilla film since 2002 fight me.

To stay on topic however The mcu films have done good at standing out. Antman, Infinty War and Civi War are all very different from each other and from Black Panther and Spiderman for example.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Fish Cakes wrote:

Lmao barely, it's funny how some of you choose to ignore when I criticize the film. Nor do you even know me so I'd rather you not make assumption based-judgements, uwu.
Based on how much of a stuck up snob you present yourself as, I don't think I really want to know you in any capacity. So... yeah.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

MM Raids Again wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Fish Cakes wrote: Everyone here dislikes Godzilla one way or another, none of us are really his fans. >:C

Based on how much of a stuck up snob you present yourself as, I don't think I really want to know you in any capacity. So... yeah.
Lmao the last thing I'd ever be is a stuck up snob, I just never failed an English class ;) .

I could resort to insults, but I hold myself to a slightly higher standard.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

_JNavs_ wrote:I hold myself to a slightly higher standard.
I rest my case.

Quote of the Year:

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

_JNavs_ wrote:Lmao the last thing I'd ever be is a stuck up snob, I just never failed an English class ;) .

I could resort to insults, but I hold myself to a slightly higher standard.
Your back-handed compliments have the subtlety of a MCU fan in a theater.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

didney bad
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Smuggers wrote:didney bad
#BOYCOTTDIDNEYWORL

To be serious though they can be pretty arrogant at times.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SoggyNoodles2016

Good ol TK.

You leave in the middle of a convo and come back to a random ass argument.

RIP Evan.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Yeah, let's NOT go around and insult each other over preferences, okay?

MM, enjoy your warning.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Giratina93 wrote:Yeah, let's NOT go around and insult each other over preferences, okay?

MM, enjoy your warning.
Thanks, it's been a long while.

Quote of the Year:

SoggyNoodles2016

Gossips come out the reason the brief Spider-divorce happened was a Disney bigwig got mad at the meeting when Sony was unreceptive to the deal and told Sony they can't use Spider-man anymore, having somehow got it in his head that Sony was licensing Spidey from Disney and not the other way around. It was only by excessive damage control from Feige and other dudes who knew the actual fucking deal that Sony came back.

I'd say I'm shocked but I'm really, really not

RIP Evan.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Sounds fake.