Marvel Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorites (so far)?

Iron Man (2008)
9%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
1%
Iron Man 2 (2010)
1%
Thor (2011)
1%
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
4%
The Avengers (2012)
8%
Iron Man 3 (2013)
1%
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
1%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
9%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
9%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
2%
Ant-Man (2015)
1%
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
6%
Doctor Strange (2016)
2%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017)
4%
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
3%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
7%
Black Panther (2018)
2%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
11%
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
1%
Captain Marvel (2019)
1%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
9%
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
4%

Total votes: 403

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by KManX89 »

Chrispy_G wrote:Outside of that, I'm not interested in any of these films. Especially since they are going very SJW with the properties.
I'm interested in Fantastic Four, though I wonder if it'll take a hit financially after all the shitty Fox movies much like Batman Begins did after the abomination that was Batman & Robin.

Also David Harbour is rumored to be playing The Thing in the Black Widow movie, so there's that, I guess.
Last edited by KManX89 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

I believe any Fantastic Four film is at least 5 years away. But the thing is, the franchise is big enough at this point. Counting Black Widow....going all the way to Endgame would be 23 films. Even if you want to rule out some 'non essential films' like Incredible Hulk, Black Panther, or Ant-Man and the Wasp.....that still gets you down to just about a 20 film saga. It is a huge continuity no matter what.

I'm not particularly interested in sticking with it as it expands ever further. I want to be able to sit down and appreciate the story beginning to end, not just endlessly waiting for the next chapter. It needs to be done for me, and as of Endgame, I couldn't have asked for a better conclusion.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

I like characters like Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, and the X-Men more so I'm very excited for new phases to come.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

finally saw Endgame (I'm late to the party, I know)

that some good shit

RIP Evan.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Chrispy_G wrote:For me, Endgame was the perfect conclusion. From a money perspective I always understood they would never stop at Endgame.

But from a narrative perspective, from a storytelling perspective, Endgame was a perfect conclusion and we don't need anything more. The only film I will see is the Black Widow movie because it is a Civil War sequel/Infinity War prequel, so it fits in the original timeline....AND because I love Scarlett Johansson and she is amazing in the role.

Outside of that, I'm not interested in any of these films. Especially since they are going very SJW with the properties.
How so? They’re the most innocuous films ever.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

They are becoming very obsessed with the whole "make headlines based on political/social ideology driven decisions in the new films, and if people say they don't like it, call them racist/sexist/bigots".....it is Ghosbusters 2016 all over again. Make a crappy movie, but when people call it crappy, call them sexist because it is an all-female cast.

I don't know......I don't want to get crazy deep into this argument, because bottom line, I just felt that Avengers: Endgame was literally a PERFECT ending....and a lot of the stuff coming up just sounds kind of stupid or boring or arbitrarily focused on unimportant characters or stories.

I think Mahershala Ali is AMAZING casting for Blade. So I just need to see more from that project.
I am glad we are finally getting the Black Widow movie....it honestly should have been the movie we got in place of Captain Marvel.
Everything I've heard about Thor: Love and Thunder sounds incredibly stupid.

But The Eternals, Shang Chi, etc....none of it interests me enough to compromise what I felt was the perfect conclusion of Endgame.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I agree ^

For the most part it just sounds like a bunch of TV worthy characters. At most i'd say Doc and Blade are the only ones that needed a film in Phase 4 outside of the newcomers from Fox.

That whole Jane is "Thor", Valkyrie is "King" and Thor is a fat dudebro is some pathetic content. Like they're shoving the politicalness in your face, because god forbid Thor is the only actual OG man/leader left on the team lol. He probably comes to terms with his weight, and dies by surprise from New Loki.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

If anything Valkyrie should be a "Queen" since she's a woman.

I also agree with what they did to Thor. I get he's depressed over everything he lost but they didn't need to make him fat...
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

_JNavs_ wrote:god forbid Thor is the only actual OG man/leader left on the team lol.

I can understand the iffyness on Love and Thunder, but after Ragnarok, I do trust Waititi. I don't think they're just gonna' hand Jane the hammer and be like "It's your franchise now." Pretty sure Thor will still use Stormbreaker and Jane gets involved with a Asguardian project to make a sort of new Warriors Three to protect the realms after Hela killed the others. I mean, if anything, at least we'll get some more Korg and Miek, and that's always a good thing.

Also, for all we know, the whole Jane becoming Thor could only be a temporary thing for the sake of the plot. It's way too early to start getting our panties in a twist.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I keep bringing up that Cap was worthy of wielding the hammer but he didn't all of a sudden get lightning powers and become the new Thor. That's not how things work in the MCU.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I keep bringing up that Cap was worthy of wielding the hammer but he didn't all of a sudden get lightning powers and become the new Thor. That's not how things work in the MCU.
Well, to be fair, he didn't take the mantle of Thor, just wielded his hammer, but it still doesn't make sense. I'm not trying to sound sexist or anything, but Stark, Cap and Banner couldn't lift Thor's hammer off the ground in AoU and now all of a sudden, Jane is able to pick it up and wield it without any problems? I'm not exactly buying the logic in that.
Last edited by KManX89 on Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Well obviously there's gonna have to be more to it than that.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

KManX89 wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I keep bringing up that Cap was worthy of wielding the hammer but he didn't all of a sudden get lightning powers and become the new Thor. That's not how things work in the MCU.
Well, to be fair, he didn't take the mantle of Thor, just wielded his hammer, but it still doesn't make sense. I'm not trying to sound sexist or anything, but Stark, Cap and Banner couldn't lift Thor's hammer off the ground in AoU and now all of a sudden, Jane is able to pick it up and wield it without any problems? I'm not exactly buying the logic in that.
Cap could lift it in AOU
GO GO GOJI KUN

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:If anything Valkyrie should be a "Queen" since she's a woman.
Your knowledge of history is lacking.

Mary of Anjou and Jadigwa of Anjou were both women who were crowned as Kings (of Hungary and Poland, respectively).
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I'm done with the MCU.....and not because of who is who or anything like that, it's that this arc is done and its best for me to leave it at that.....

Only thing that would bring me back would be Onslaught as the next big villain.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Boo! Fin Fang Foom or bust :mad:
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Stump Feet wrote:Boo! Fin Fang Foom or bust :mad:
Yes someone else that wants Fin Fang Foom!!!! :huge:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Doom or Done.

Magneto or Fineto.

Green Goblin or Get the F outtie.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Anyone else hoping for Shuma Gorath as the main baddie for Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

MM Raids Again wrote:Anyone else hoping for Shuma Gorath as the main baddie for Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness?
Feel like that’s almost a guarantee with the horror-inspired tone and the Lovecraftian title.