Marvel Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorites (so far)?

Iron Man (2008)
9%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
1%
Iron Man 2 (2010)
1%
Thor (2011)
1%
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
4%
The Avengers (2012)
8%
Iron Man 3 (2013)
1%
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
1%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
9%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
9%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
2%
Ant-Man (2015)
1%
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
6%
Doctor Strange (2016)
2%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017)
4%
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
3%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
7%
Black Panther (2018)
2%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
11%
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
1%
Captain Marvel (2019)
1%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
9%
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
4%

Total votes: 403

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Infinity War has hit 2 billion!? According to Collider it has.

Added in 2 minutes 23 seconds:
Yep its official Infinity War has joined the 2 billion dollar club. It's the biggest summer blockbuster of all time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadline.c ... 08690/amp/

It's not too far behind Force Awakens and could overtake it by the end of its run. Remember Titanic and Avatar both had re-releases that added to their initial totals. The MCU will likely cross the 17 billion line with the release of Antman 2.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

godzillafan1954 wrote:http://comicbook.com/marvel/amp/2018/06 ... anets-mcu/
Your thoughts?
DCEU Superman has met his match. 8-)

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

godzillafan1954 wrote:http://comicbook.com/marvel/amp/2018/06 ... anets-mcu/
Your thoughts?
Nope. Not liking this at all. As a Marvel fan, I am extremely displeased with this. This just reeks of a SJW/feminism agenda

It's fine if Captain Marvel is powerful, but suddenly making her powerful-enough to push planets around, especially after Thor's huge journey? Smells like a Mary Sue agenda to me. Captain Marvel, who isn't even THAT powerful in the comics (at least not to Thor or Hulk's level) is suddenly the most powerful MCU character? What the fucking fuck?

It's the same thing with Shuri: suddenly some teenager is the most intelligent MCU character even in the shadow of Hank Pym, Tony Stark, and Bruce Banner? I love Marvel Studios, but this is only confirming my suspicions that they are being manipulated into joining the feminist bandwagon. It's not that they're female, it's that this is all so random and uncalled-for. Thor should be the most powerful MCU hero, period. Because he was well beyond her power levels in the comics.

And it certainly doesn't help matters that Brie Larson is a buckass-wild feminist herself. Yes, she's cute, and yes I had a crush on her in Skull Island, but her constant bitching about men on social media is irksome. She's the type that flips her shit when a man walks past her. That cannot be a coincidence

I would be less pissed if she was inherently that powerful, but this is obviously a case of a feminist agenda
Last edited by Ryguy on Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

That is ridiculous. Thor and Hulk are nowhere near that powerful in the MCU, so this just makes no sense. She's on another plane of reality compared to anything we've seen so far, and therefore I have to agree with your assessment of the motives behind this. BUT, we should reserve judgement: we don't know that her 'standard' power level is that high. For all we know, this could be some brief, one-off boost she gets from wielding an Infinity Stone or something.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Yeah, I'm sure Brie Larson has totally used her influence and instructed Marvel to embed the LUTs on Captain Marvel with a secret signal to make all our penises fall off. :roll:
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

When the hell was it ever established that Shuri was the smartest person in the MCU? Because she could do something another scientist couldn't? Ok sure, if that's your worldview.

But yeah, after reading two sentences spoken by an actress, let's paint a movie that we haven't even seen a poster for as evil feminist SJeW deep state propaganda synthesized in the bowels of Marxist Anita Sarkeesian. We should have known that MCU actually stands for "Men Can't Unite"! #woke
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

eabaker wrote:Yeah, I'm sure Brie Larson has totally used her influence and instructed Marvel to embed the LUTs on Captain Marvel with a secret signal to make all our penises fall off. :roll:
This made me laugh for a good minute, thank you for that.

I called it. I said there was going to be complaints about "SJW propaganda" regarding Captain Marvel.
Me back on June 8th wrote:"Some people are searching so hard for "SJW" propaganda in media recently that they'll find it anywhere. Especially in non-Marvel Disney films.

Well, at least until Captain Marvel comes out. I can smell the "SJW" comments a mile away for that one."
Fucking called it!

People are so predictable.
Last edited by Spuro on Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I feel Field Trip would've been better title but I won't argue.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Supposedly Ant-Man and the Wasp will connect directly into the next Avengers. Scott, Hank, Hope, etc are going to be extremely important to the events of Avengers 4 and the MCU going forward.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Extreme Warhawk
GPN Volunteer

Post by Extreme Warhawk »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Supposedly Ant-Man and the Wasp will connect directly into the next Avengers. Scott, Hank, Hope, etc are going to be extremely important to the events of Avengers 4 and the MCU going forward.
That should be cool

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Fan made IRON MAN, video. Using the hellacool theme from the second season of 1990's syndicated IRON MAN animated series.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Probably the best HISHE has done. :lol:

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

Kevin Feige says Samuel L. Jackson and Clark Gregg will be digitally de-aged in Captain Marvel because it takes place in the 90s.

http://collider.com/captain-marvel-digi ... l-jackson/

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Black Widow has found its director.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... nd-1126708

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Oh man, I was watching the new Ant Man with some friends, and is it bad that I kinda laughed when they showed the MCU intro? I kept snapping my fingers everytime a character was showed - one of my friends was chuckling along with me and the other two weren't playing along :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway I saw it twice due to taking different people, and I thought it was actually pretty good. Ghost was interesting, and it was pretty neat to essentially see Black Goliath. Thought the final battle was kinda lame and drawn out too long. Overall a 7/10.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I went and saw Ant Man and The Wasp after work last night with some co-workers and really liked it. Ant Man has surprised me as a superhero in both of his outings in the MCU have been a lot better than I thought.
Last edited by gvamp on Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

SteveIrwinFan96
G-Force Personnel

Post by SteveIrwinFan96 »

Comcast bows out of buying Fox, so looks like we're closer to getting the Fantastic Four and X-Men in the MCU: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men/co ... ur-a162259