General Transformers Discussion

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
User avatar
Grievous
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: General Transformers Discussion

Postby Grievous » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:48 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:I definitely recommend em, great quality, I stopped collecting after DOTM due to a severe drop in quality. But this seems to be their quality line I've done some custom work to bring out all the small details, but the sculpt is definitely there.
Image
Image

Wow...

They look incredible.

I did want to pick up Crowbar, Lockdown, Crankcase &
the repaint of Nitro Zeus...but I'm not really sure.

:shrug:
Image
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

User avatar
_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5252
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: General Transformers Discussion

Postby _JNavs_ » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:57 pm

Grievous wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:I definitely recommend em, great quality, I stopped collecting after DOTM due to a severe drop in quality. But this seems to be their quality line I've done some custom work to bring out all the small details, but the sculpt is definitely there.
Image
Image

Wow...

They look incredible.

I did want to pick up Crowbar, Lockdown, Crankcase &
the repaint of Nitro Zeus...but I'm not really sure.

:shrug:


Lockdown is awesome, he's incredibly accurate. I was going to customize him when I picked him up but the sculpt was already there so I was pretty surprised.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 14030
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: General Transformers Discussion

Postby UltramanGoji » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:06 pm

As much as I hate the movies and the designs, there's something about them in toy form that really tickles my fancy.

_JNavs_ wrote:Lockdown is awesome, he's incredibly accurate. I was going to customize him when I picked him up but the sculpt was already there so I was pretty surprised.


I think Unique Toys did a better attempt. Better scaled, too. The Studio Series one is just too dinky.

Image
Image

User avatar
_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5252
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: General Transformers Discussion

Postby _JNavs_ » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:11 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:As much as I hate the movies and the designs, there's something about them in toy form that really tickles my fancy.

_JNavs_ wrote:Lockdown is awesome, he's incredibly accurate. I was going to customize him when I picked him up but the sculpt was already there so I was pretty surprised.


I think Unique Toys did a better attempt. Better scaled, too. The Studio Series one is just too dinky.

Image



I find the movie figures to be almost magic in how they turn into screen accurate versions of themselves without all the complicated pieces from the CG

I agree it's a much better designed figure, but he was much smaller than Prime in the film during that final fight scene, about deluxe class
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
Grievous
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: General Transformers Discussion

Postby Grievous » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:14 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:As much as I hate the movies and the designs, there's something about them in toy form that really tickles my fancy.

I thought you were going to use another word other than fancy.

:P

UltramanGoji wrote:I think Unique Toys did a better attempt. Better scaled, too. The Studio Series one is just too dinky.

Image

Does that even transform?

:?

AOE Lockdown was an incredibly hard character to have a toy for...
mainly because of how much the robot mode "cheats" with the car
details & how skinny & lanky he is.

The Animated & Revenge of the Fallen toys did the "skinny & lanky"
so much better than the Age of Extinction line did.
Image
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

User avatar
_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5252
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: General Transformers Discussion

Postby _JNavs_ » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:16 pm

Grievous wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:As much as I hate the movies and the designs, there's something about them in toy form that really tickles my fancy.

I thought you were going to use another word other than fancy.

:P

UltramanGoji wrote:I think Unique Toys did a better attempt. Better scaled, too. The Studio Series one is just too dinky.

Image

Does that even transform?

:?

AOE Lockdown was an incredibly hard character to have a toy for...
mainly because of how much the robot mode "cheats" with the car
details & how skinny & lanky he is.

The Animated & Revenge of the Fallen toys did the "skinny & lanky"
so much better than the Age of Extinction line did.

Yeah that figure transforms, it's incredible, but from the reviews I've seen it's also quite the hassle
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 14030
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: General Transformers Discussion

Postby UltramanGoji » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:17 pm

Grievous wrote:Does that even transform?

:?


Sure does.

Image
Image

User avatar
Grievous
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: General Transformers Discussion

Postby Grievous » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:21 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:Yeah that figure transforms, it's incredible, but from the reviews I've seen it's also quite the hassle

He looks like he would be...although both modes look incredible.

:shock:
Image
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

User avatar
_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5252
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: General Transformers Discussion

Postby _JNavs_ » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:30 pm

Grievous wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Yeah that figure transforms, it's incredible, but from the reviews I've seen it's also quite the hassle

He looks like he would be...although both modes look incredible.

:shock:

Definitely, I've been wanting to pick up this Dino DOTM figure for a while now, it's gorgeous and deluxe class
Image
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
Grievous
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: General Transformers Discussion

Postby Grievous » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:40 am

_JNavs_ wrote:Definitely, I've been wanting to pick up this Dino DOTM figure for a while now, it's gorgeous and deluxe class
Image

Wow...

:shock:

That is one sexy bot...& that red is gorgeous.
Image
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

User avatar
Gojirawars 03
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 317
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:18 am

Re: General Transformers Discussion

Postby Gojirawars 03 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:19 am

I'm totally heading out to target this weekend to FINALLY pick up the original Studio Series Megatron.

Image

I have the old 2009 ROTF Voyager Megatron, but it has an ugly backpack, weird gimmick mechanisms in the arm, and IT'S GREEN.

Image

I feel that a movie Optimus quote feels appropriate here.

Image
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

Image
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9RqfL3pOgHr78nzbs-FQ

User avatar
Grievous
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: General Transformers Discussion

Postby Grievous » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:52 am

Gojirawars 03 wrote:I'm totally heading out to target this weekend to FINALLY pick up the original Studio Series Megatron.

Image

I would suggest watching a few reviews before you buy.

I've heard that figure has some issues.

Gojirawars 03 wrote:I have the old 2009 ROTF Voyager Megatron, but it has an ugly backpack, weird gimmick mechanisms in the arm, and IT'S GREEN.

Image

I actually have a Voyager Megatron from each of the 5 Bay films...
& The Last Knight design & figure is the best by far.

I also really like the Mad Max Truck design from Dark of the Moon
& his Motormaster-like "Galvatron" form from Age of Extinction.

The backpack does KILL the ROTF voyager...but I personally don't
mind the "green" I think it mimics the "sea rot" Megatron would
have from being in the Laurentian abyss.

He should have been "rotten green" in color in the actual film.

;)
Last edited by Grievous on Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

User avatar
Breakdown
Kwaidan
Posts: 5845
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:42 pm
Location: Inside you

Re: General Transformers Discussion

Postby Breakdown » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:28 pm

Gojirawars 03 wrote:I'm totally heading out to target this weekend to FINALLY pick up the original Studio Series Megatron.

Image

I have the old 2009 ROTF Voyager Megatron, but it has an ugly backpack, weird gimmick mechanisms in the arm, and IT'S GREEN.

Image

I feel that a movie Optimus quote feels appropriate here.

Image

The Weijang version is superior imo. Yeah it's a upscaled knockoff but it fixes some of the toy's issues and includes accessories as well.
ImageBaby free at last! Thank Megatron I'm free at last!

User avatar
Grievous
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: General Transformers Discussion

Postby Grievous » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:53 am

Okay...so fair warning...I'm the worst at taking photos...although
I am working with an iPhone 4...and terrible lighting. This is only
part of my collection. I'll post the rest at a later date.

Image

Starscream display...nearly every version of Screamer...

Image

Movies, Manga, Insecticons, 3 Movie Megatrons & 3 Terracons...

Image

Animated Autobots & Megatron display...

Image

Classic Autobots (Shelf 2)...

Image

Random Dinobots & Shockwave display...

Image

Bumblebee display...

Image

Random #1...

Image

Random #2 (The Best Corner)...

Image

Random #3...(Guess who my favorite author is...)
Image
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer
Posts: 9352
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:57 am
Location: The Planet Trade HQ
Contact:

Re: General Transformers Discussion

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:56 am

So a Bumblebee sequel/Optimus Prime team up movie is reportedly in the works as is a larger ensemble Transformers film.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983
Image

User avatar
Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 816
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:55 am

Re: General Transformers Discussion

Postby Rhedosaurus » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:31 am

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:So a Bumblebee sequel/Optimus Prime team up movie is reportedly in the works as is a larger ensemble Transformers film.


Hard to justify considering how Bumblebee underperformed.

User avatar
KillCrites
Interpol Agent
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:01 pm

Re: General Transformers Discussion

Postby KillCrites » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:23 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:So a Bumblebee sequel/Optimus Prime team up movie is reportedly in the works as is a larger ensemble Transformers film.


Hard to justify considering how Bumblebee underperformed.

It didn't underperform.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

User avatar
_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5252
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: General Transformers Discussion

Postby _JNavs_ » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:28 pm

So TF6 and BB2 are a go.

TF6 is considered "the main family series following TLK"

While Bees soloverse is likely to continue with a buddy film between Bee and Prime.

Imo TF6 will likely be the last mainline film even though I'd be okay with 2 universes. While the Beeverse will likely replace it as the new mainline.

TLK and AOE were terrible imo. While I enjoyed 1-3, I do think they should've left it on a cliffhanger with TLK because it was so bad.

Like what could they do in 6? Make a proper Galvatron from Unicron? I'd be okay with that tbh while Unicron just destroys Earth entirely because he is Earth
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer
Posts: 9352
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:57 am
Location: The Planet Trade HQ
Contact:

Re: General Transformers Discussion

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:10 am

Like both Transformers YouTubers Ragin Nation and Rodimus Primal have said I don't think this follow up will be an actual sequel to TLK. Simply a film that has Transformers in the title (which Bumblebee did not).
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983
Image

User avatar
Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 816
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:55 am

Re: General Transformers Discussion

Postby Rhedosaurus » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:20 pm

KillCrites wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:So a Bumblebee sequel/Optimus Prime team up movie is reportedly in the works as is a larger ensemble Transformers film.


Hard to justify considering how Bumblebee underperformed.

It didn't underperform.


It didn't reach the top Box Office spot once and it only made a small profit. That IS underperforming.


Return to “Media Center”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests