General Transformers Discussion

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Re: General Transformers Discussion

Post by KillCrites »

Rhedosaurus wrote:
KillCrites wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Hard to justify considering how Bumblebee underperformed.
It didn't underperform.
It didn't reach the top Box Office spot once and it only made a small profit. That IS underperforming.
It made almost 4x it's budget back and Hasbro literally said themselves that it was solidly profitable.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

KillCrites wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
KillCrites wrote: It didn't underperform.
It didn't reach the top Box Office spot once and it only made a small profit. That IS underperforming.
It made almost 4x it's budget back and Hasbro literally said themselves that it was solidly profitable.
Hasbro may have simply said that just to protect its asset rather then promote the movie.

And just because something makes a profit doesn't mean that it's successful. Zilla '98, JP3, Man Of Steel, and BvS all made a profit, but few consider those movies successful.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Bumblebee did good enough and received great reviews. It was a success in that sense, and brought back interest in live action TF movies.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Like both Transformers YouTubers Ragin Nation and Rodimus Primal have said I don't think this follow up will be an actual sequel to TLK. Simply a film that has Transformers in the title (which Bumblebee did not).
Yeah, this. I honestly don’t think that Hasbro would continue after the film that nearly killed the Transformers movie franchise, and was easily the worst ever in the series. “TF6”, will likely be similar to the Bay films in that it’s a big ensemble film, and not a solo like Bumbleee. Unless for some reason, they’d want to finish off the Bayverse by everyone fighting Unicron, but TLK muddled the lore so much that it still wouldn’t make any sense.

#BotM

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Godzilla165 wrote:Unless for some reason, they’d want to finish off the Bayverse by everyone fighting Unicron, but TLK muddled the lore so much that it still wouldn’t make any sense.
Chances are, they would've just copied and pasted from Transformers Prime
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

According to this, Bumblebee was a prequel/spinoff all along. It was NEVER meant to reboot the whole franchise.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Rhedosaurus wrote:According to this, Bumblebee was a prequel/spinoff all along. It was NEVER meant to reboot the whole franchise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMEIZ_e ... CueQUFxEnA
I keep getting a playback error. Also you really seem to have a vendetta against this film.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

It's not like the video's worth viewing anyway.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Breakdown wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:According to this, Bumblebee was a prequel/spinoff all along. It was NEVER meant to reboot the whole franchise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMEIZ_e ... CueQUFxEnA
I keep getting a playback error. Also you really seem to have a vendetta against this film.

No. I just have a vendetta against people who destroy franchises and prevent them from reaching their full potential.

And here's a new links. It should work this time.

UltramanGoji wrote:It's not like the video's worth viewing anyway.
Midnight's Edge is one of the best movie reporting channels there is. They were key players in reported and talking about Fant4stic, GB2016, the DCEU's troubled start, both of the Star franchises-Trek and Wars, and has talked about many others in the past-Alien and Predator.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Can't say I'm not surprised.

Reboot my ass...

Seriously Bayformers desperately needs to die at this point.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

Rhedosaurus wrote:No. I just have a vendetta against people who destroy franchises and prevent them from reaching their full potential.
How did Bumblebee destroy the franchise? Bayformers in general, sure (even though it could be argued those movies made the franchise more popular), but Bumblebee is a good movie. If we're talking about the producers, I have no idea what's happening with what the movie is because the news is so muddled about whether it's a prequel or a reboot. One day it's one, the other day it's the other, I just wish they would make up their minds.

I think I've seen Midnight's Edge's videos in my recommendations and... I honestly just ignore them because of the obnoxious "grabby" thumbnails and titles, I can't stand channels who make their thumbnails look like a gossip magazine cover unless it's a parody of those channels like HelloGreedo does.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

GodzillavsZilla wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:No. I just have a vendetta against people who destroy franchises and prevent them from reaching their full potential.
How did Bumblebee destroy the franchise? Bayformers in general, sure (even though it could be argued those movies made the franchise more popular), but Bumblebee is a good movie. If we're talking about the producers, I have no idea what's happening with what the movie is because the news is so muddled about whether it's a prequel or a reboot. One day it's one, the other day it's the other, I just wish they would make up their minds.

I think I've seen Midnight's Edge's videos in my recommendations and... I honestly just ignore them because of the obnoxious "grabby" thumbnails and titles, I can't stand channels who make their thumbnails look like a gossip magazine cover unless it's a parody of those channels like HelloGreedo does.

No no no. I'm not saying Bumble destroyed the franchise. I'm saying that all the crappy Transformers movie made after the first one damaged/destroyed the franchise and that if they were you know...GOOD, then Bumblebee would have made a lot more money instead of so many people being burned out by Bayformers.

As for Midnight's Edge, they rarely been wrong before, as I've shown via the examples that I've listed.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

Rhedosaurus wrote: No no no. I'm not saying Bumble destroyed the franchise. I'm saying that all the crappy Transformers movie made after the first one damaged/destroyed the franchise and that if they were you know...GOOD, then Bumblebee would have made a lot more money instead of so many people being burned out by Bayformers.
Yeah, I won't deny the Bayformers movies fucked the franchise (though I'd say the last two ruined it because of the huge dip in the box office comparing AoE with TLK. One made a billion, people who saw it said it sucked which most likely caused the latter to flop). Honestly though? I think Bumblebee gave me hope for the franchise, I had fun, it washed the bad taste of the previous movies out of my mouth, it felt like how I wanted a Transformers movie. I was excited for the future of the franchise.

Until I hear the rumor(?) that the next movie will be continuing off TLK...
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

It's not. Not sure why people still think that. Though some elements of it may remain the Bayverse is DEAD!
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I don't think people where burnt out so much as they where sick of sub-par films. Bumblebee was never going to make ROTF or DOTM numbers, and expecting it to is completely unrealistic. Despite this, Bumblebee smashed expectiations and became critically and financially successful. It showed that there was very much interest in Transformers so long as they where actually GOOD. Everything past TF1 ranged from absolutely terrible (ROTF, TLK) to mediocre (AOE, DOTM).

If Hasbro wants to keep this up, they'd be wise to follow Bumblebee very closely as an example. Travis Knight would probably be my go-to man for any future sequels, and never, ever have Bay direct another entry in this series again. Also I'd take anything Lorenzo DiBonaventura with a grain of salt, he's been extremely wishy washy on the Prequel/Reboot thing and seems to change his mind every other day. I'd wait for an official statement from Hasbro.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

xolta
GPN Volunteer

Post by xolta »

For my birthday this year I bought my self a siege Prime and Megatron. Both are super good.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

xolta
GPN Volunteer

Post by xolta »

Thought that was a April fools joke!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Just picked up the Studio Series Scrapmetal, wasn't his name Scrapper in the film though?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Do VHS players even get sold anymore?
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.