General Transformers Discussion

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: General Transformers Discussion

Post by _JNavs_ »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Do VHS players even get sold anymore?
At Thrift shops I guess. Next we'll be gettin a cassette release followed by a Vinyl release.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

_JNavs_ wrote:Just picked up the Studio Series Scrapmetal, wasn't his name Scrapper in the film though?
He was that random Decepticon in ROTF they tore apart to fix Megatron.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

I honestly love that Bumblebee is getting sold (limited) on VHS, I'd be pretty upset if it is just an April Fool's joke, I would probably buy it for just the novelty. I'd be surprised if they don't put the soundtrack on cassette since that also played a role in the movie.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Went ahead and grabbed Bumblebee. I normally don't buy movies I haven't seen but I heard enough good WoM and have actually enjoyed bits and pieces of the BayVerse. I'm still a little annoyed I missed it in theaters.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

xolta
GPN Volunteer

Post by xolta »

Bumble bee is the only tf movie i have enjoyed so far, sorry to say. I realy hope we get a Knight lead reboot series because ten more years of bay and bone hurts my head thinking about it. Sorry to people who like that area.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

DOTM is my favorite TF film of all time other than the OG from the 80s and the 07 film.

BB felt too kiddish imo
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

_JNavs_ wrote:DOTM is my favorite TF film of all time other than the OG from the 80s and the 07 film.

BB felt too kiddish imo
That was my thought also. It didn't help that all the trailers were for "G" rated, Nickelodeon flicks before the movie started. Still pretty good though.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Wild that a franchise for children has a film geared more towards a younger audience.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

_JNavs_ wrote:DOTM is my favorite TF film of all time other than the OG from the 80s and the 07 film.

BB felt too kiddish imo
I didn't get that feeling at all. In fact it was a breath of fresh air for once after 5 Bay movies that focused on toilet humor and apocalyptic levels of mayhem.

Looking back, the 2007 film is the only one I would watch multiple times and would say is the best out of the Bay films. The rest are either unwatchable or mediocre. Hell the only thing I liked about the last one (TLK) was Nitro Zeus.
ImageImage

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Breakdown wrote:

BB felt too kiddish imo
I didn't get that feeling at all. In fact it was a breath of fresh air for once after 5 Bay movies that focused on toilet humor and apocalyptic levels of mayhem.

Looking back, the 2007 film is the only one I would watch multiple times and would say is the best out of the Bay films. The rest are either unwatchable or mediocre. Hell the only thing I liked about the last one (TLK) was Nitro Zeus.
I agree, TLK and AOE were unwatchable travesties.

However TF07-DOTM were peak TF (not counting OG), especially in the general public. BB imo felt like Herbie Fully Loaded.

Edit: Lmao @ whoever thinks franchises aimed at kids can't be modernized for the same audience it grew up with. Let's get 16 new RID spinoffs on Disney XD to really shoot that G rating home, wild amirite?
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Hell, I’d argue that Bumblebee was in a lot ways more mature than most of the Bay TF films, sans 07 and DotM, not to mention how well it treated its characters, It was indeed an incredible breath of fresh air for the movie universe, especially after the absolute shit storm that is/was TLK (the only good part about that movie being the perfect Megatron design, imo). I’m glad that from the looks of things, the same style that Bumblebee had will be the new direction going forward and we’ll be getting a completely rebooted series.

Honestly, Bumblebee had more heartwarming, investing and emotional moments in one scene than the majority of the Bay films did, sans 07 really, and this is coming from someone who loves the original trilogy.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

How anyone liked Revenge of the Fallen is beyond me. DotM I actually surprisingly enjoyed except for a couple cringey scenes.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I can always have fun watching Revenge for what it is. It's not a good movie by any means, but whenever I'm in the mood for some overtly dumb fun and explosions, then RotF is usually on my list.

Shrug.

#BotM

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

sorry guys bumblebee is too babyish for me i only watch real grown up movies
why did i have to be the chosen one?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

07 was better than yellow Herbie reloaded.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

_JNavs_ wrote:07 was better than yellow Herbie reloaded.
How are so many people on this forum so wrong about everything all the time
why did i have to be the chosen one?

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

I cannot get past how ugly the first two movies (and parts of the other three) look. I watched the Friday the 13th reboot/remake and I was surprised at how similar it looked to those movies, they all have these disgusting looking colors, the actors always look like they had grease poured all over them. That, on top of the awful humor and annoying characters, is why I don't think I can get into the first movie as much as others.

Bumblebee at least looked presentable. I think its tone is one of its strong points, I don't think the way Bay did his movies really worked for Transformers, its attempts at being "mature" end up just being "This ain't your daddy's Transformers man! We got robots tearing each other's heads off! We got hot women! We got pissing and sex jokes! We got BRUTAL DEATHS!" which ironically makes it more immature than the one light-hearted movie in the franchise.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Bumblebee was pretty good, and there was nothing mature about the Bay films.

BB was full of color, and it worked for telling a simpler story. Less is more in this case.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

_JNavs_ wrote:07 was better than yellow Herbie reloaded.
Please explain. I love 07, but Bee was objectively the better film.
Last edited by Breakdown on Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

UltramanGoji wrote:Wild that a franchise for children has a film geared more towards a younger audience.
^ It's funny enough that the previous films feel way more childish than this film and the G1 cartoon combined......
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III