Underworld 5/The Next Generation

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
The One and Only
G-Force Lieutenant

Underworld 5/The Next Generation

Postby The One and Only » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:45 pm

Looks like Screen Gems is looking into making the next installment of their mega-popular UNDERWORLD franchise(http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/74832/screen-gems-developing-underworld-next-generation#axzz2vboX9yL5). Subtitled, The Next Generation, at least at the moment. The story is speculated to focus on vampire Death Dealer Selene, and werewolf/vampire hybrid, Michael Corvin's child, Eve, introduced in Awakening. A writer, and director has yet to be selected at the moment, but producer, and director of the first two installments, Len Wiseman, is still in the producer's chair. More to come when it becomes available.
"A wraith man ! A ghost ! A evil spirit-and it ain't cool !"

Drewzilla
JXSDF Technician

Re: Underworld 5/The Next Generation

Postby Drewzilla » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:18 am

Meh, this series could have stopped after the third film. The only reason I watched the films where only a select few characters. I liked the first one for Lucian and the twist involving him, and that automaticly made me enjoy the third films ince it's his film alone. The second film I enjoyed for Marcus.
wataru wrote:DO NOT eat Walmart's Great Value High Fiber Bars - Chocolate. You will fart for HOURS!

I bought a box and couldnt sleep because I kept farting. You doze off and PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT! wake up.

XxComablack1937xX
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:50 am

I'm not for this but i'm also not against it... ''Underworld: Awakening'' was a little bland and with all the Elder's dead like Victor and Marcus what's really left to tell?

I'd rather another 'Prequel'' with Victor, Lucian, Marcus, which are easily the best characters of the franchise.

Selene and her near invincible hybrid child leave little to be desired, Werewolves are almost extinct and human's know about them. Where do they really go that's new ground? There going to need a new enemy if there's any hope for this or revive an Elder. Although i will eventually watch because Kate Beckinsale in tight leather always pleases.

(This is happening because I, Frankenstein bombed.) which was basically a hopeful replacement for Underworld.

Shadow
EDF Soldier

Postby Shadow » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:34 pm

I'm game, Underworld is always pleasing to watch to me. Frankly, I can't get enough of it.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

The One and Only
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby The One and Only » Fri May 15, 2015 8:37 pm

Kate Beckinsale will indeed be returning to the UNDERWORLD franchise for the fifth entry. A screenplay, whose subject matter is at the moment being kept under wraps, has been crafted by Cory Goodman. UNDERWORLD V will be directed by first time director, Anna Foerster. Who has been the director of photography ,and Roland Emmerich's right hand on such projects as The Day After Tomorrow and White House Down. And shooting for principal photography is set to begin in Prague, Hungry this October.
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/05/14/kate-beckinsale-to-return-for-fifth-underworld-film/

three
Keizer

Postby three » Fri May 15, 2015 8:46 pm

kate beckinsale is the reason i watch these movies. i didn't care much for them after the second one, though. "you don't scare me, selene!"

"well we're going to have to work on that" lol
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!

Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - skreeonk in space.

XxComablack1937xX
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Sat May 16, 2015 1:28 pm

Glad Kate Beckinsale is back, she is indeed beautiful and the only thing saving this franchise from direct to DVD status.

My biggest gripe though is they killed ALL of there greatest characters, leaving only Selene... ''Rise of the Lycan's'' was one of the best an it didn't need her.

I mean they killed off Viktor, Marcus, Amelia, Lucian, the Original an most bad-ass Werewolf William an all his original descendants. Plus the father of them all Alexander Corvinus. So it's very hard to make another Vampire vs Lycan when all there bad-ass characters are dead. Underworld: Awakening was hardly watchable an boring.. I hope this isn't anything like it.

I'll with-hold judgement for now, but i would have prefer another prequel.... There's a 600 year gap from Rise of the Lycan's to the Original movie they can cover.

The One and Only
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby The One and Only » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:05 pm

Tom Menzies, of Starz's OUTLANDER has been cast in the role of Marius, a mysterious Lycan leader.
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/119488/underworld-v-cast-adds-outlanders-tobias-menzies/

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:05 pm

They should explore a plot point from the original and introduce a natural born vampire/Lycan hybrid. But then again since the Corvinus strain only enhances Vampires and Lycans maybe Eve is what a natural one would look like.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

The One and Only
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby The One and Only » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:47 pm

miguelnuva wrote:They should explore a plot point from the original and introduce a natural born vampire/Lycan hybrid. But then again since the Corvinus strain only enhances Vampires and Lycans maybe Eve is what a natural one would look like.

We have Michael and Selene's daughter, Eve/Subject Two, introduced in Awakening, moving around, and ripping bad guys new ones who gets in her way.

Anywho, Bradley James, the Anti-Christ himself in A&E's DAMIEN. Will be playing the
fifth entry's Big Bad. http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3360841/antichrist-joined-underworld-5/

The One and Only
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby The One and Only » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:03 pm

Lara Pulver(Sherlock, DaVinci's Demons) has been cast in the next UNDERWORLD.
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3362676/underworld-v-continues-to-add-fresh-blood/

The One and Only
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: Underworld:Blood Wars 10/21/16

Postby The One and Only » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:12 pm

The title for the fifth entry to the hit franchise has been announced. UNDERWORLD:BLOOD WARS. Along with some details on the BLOOD WARS have also come out today.
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/161126/underworld-blood-wars-officially-announced/

Added in 6 hours 52 minutes 43 seconds:
Re: Underworld:Blood Wars 1/6/17
UNDERWORLD:Blood Wars will now be released on January 6, 2017.
http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3397198/underworld-blood-wars-shifts-release-dates/

Added in 10 hours 36 minutes 28 seconds:
The first trailer has arrived.

Omegamorph
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Omegamorph » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:21 am

these new films seem to keep missing the point

the lycans aren't the villains...

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:40 am

Omegamorph wrote:these new films seem to keep missing the point

Lucian wasn't the villain, the rest of the Lycans especially with him gone are. Also our main heroine is a vampire so the story is curved to her side.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

Omegamorph
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Omegamorph » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:17 pm

miguelnuva wrote:

Lucian wasn't the villain, the rest of the Lycans especially with him gone are. Also our main heroine is a vampire so the story is curved to her side.

But they shouldn't be. The first three movies at least don't take that curve -- there are two factions, but there's no 'good faction' and 'bad faction'. Lycans in the first one are hunted down constantly and have been brought on the verge of extinction.

It's only a red herring in the first one when it turns out the real villains are vampires; and in the second, the main villain is a vampire. The new ones seem to make it easy and put the lycans as the villains without much of a development from there

XxComablack1937xX
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:20 pm

The Original werewolves were villain's, there wasn't any trace of human in them like William (The Original Werewolf) whom was just a blood thirsty savage.
The second generation of Lycan's like Lucian were more the lesser of two evils, they were just slaves who were treated like poop an rebelled.

Personally i don't see where else they can go with the story... All 3 Elders are dead, Lucian is dead... from the trailer it seems Micheal and Eve are dead.. William is also dead. Even Alexander Corvinus the original immortal an father of both Marcus an William is dead

So at this point Selene should basically be invincible to just about any Vampire or Lycan currently living. What could possibly be a treat to her? She's even immune to sunlight now.

Will i watch it sure.. in theater's probably not unless future trailers really catch my interest. This didn't.

Omegamorph
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Omegamorph » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:52 am

William & the original werewolves were animals more than anything. Not 'villainous' per se.

The One and Only
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby The One and Only » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:30 pm

A new trailer.

Also according to Miss Beckinsale at the New York Comic Con ,there was a plan, pitch to rights holders of the BLADE franchise for a crossover between the Death Dealer and the Daywalker. :cry: But Marvel turned it down, saying that stuff was in the works for Blade's return.
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/underworld/259048/an-underworldblade-crossover-almost-happened

Added in 23 hours 33 minutes 43 seconds:
A legion of lycans amass in this rather spoilerliferic trailer.

Return to “Media Center”