New Sonic movie in the works? Make it so.

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Re: New Sonic movie in the works? Make it so.

Post by Ivo-goji »

Mike is characteristically reserved.

Not as heartbreaking as Mr. Oshima's reaction to Sonic's redesign.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

I wonder if they're gonna have Sonic looking more closer to the games near the end of the film a la Eggman.
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Should’ve this movie been fully CGI?

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

LegendZilla wrote:Should’ve this movie been fully CGI?
Y E S IT SHOULD
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

Or at least made by the same people who made "Detective Pikachu".
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

According to this, the Sonic movie has had a troubled production.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

I wouldn't be fucking surprised. At this point, Paramount must have thrown so much money into the project that they probably gave it and decided to release what they had.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Birdman wrote:I wouldn't be skreeonking surprised. At this point, Paramount must have thrown so much money into the project that they probably gave it and decided to release what they had.
I heard Paramount is millions of dollars in debt, too. They better hope Terminator: Dark Fate is a big hit with Pet Sematary going in the red or this could literally spell the end of them (and it WILL flop, spectacularly).
Last edited by KManX89 on Wed May 01, 2019 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

KManX89 wrote:
Birdman wrote:I wouldn't be skreeonking surprised. At this point, Paramount must have thrown so much money into the project that they probably gave it and decided to release what they had.
I heard Paramount is millions of dollars in debt, too. They better hope Terminator: Dark Fate is a big hit with Pet Sematary going in the red or this could literally spell the end of them (and it WILL flop, spectacularly).

Actually, depending on what you read/hear. they are somewhere between $12-$15 BILLION in debt and their mother company, Viacom, is $1 billion in debt as well.

Oh, and most of Paramount's IP's are either stale, crippled (Transformers), or outright dead (Kelvin Trek).

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

Allegedly Jeff Fowler has announced they will be changing the character design for Sonic.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

Jeff-Goldblum2 wrote:Allegedly Jeff Fowler has announced they will be changing the character design for Sonic.
Sadly probably too late to save this movie. Sounds set it in Sonic's home planet more interesting and exciting then this trainwreck
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I wish they’d just keep the design the same. As much as the design is creepy/weird, it’s disheartening hearing that a bunch of animators will go into crunch to please a bunch of people. After the initial reaction I started liking its weirdness.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

Jeff-Goldblum2 wrote:Allegedly Jeff Fowler has announced they will be changing the character design for Sonic.
not cool for all the animators that're going to be worked to death in order to meet deadlines because of it.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

So are they banking on a more authentic design bringing in that much more at the box office? Because, at the end of the day, the movie is still going to be the same. Just with a different look for Sonic. I don't think that's going to help it. They might have just dug themselves an even deeper hole. It's an interesting move.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Damn first Amy Pascal leaves Sony and then Paramount makes the decision to change Sonic's design. For companies who are rather idiotic they're finally pulling their poop together for once. If they keep this up they might finally be on a role.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu May 02, 2019 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

It’s honestly too late to do any drastic changes to Sonic’s design. Animators would have to reanimate, remodel, rerender, fix the texturing to accommodate the new changes etc. We’ll likely get some small, “quality of life”, improvements and tweaks, but the overall form and silhouette is locked down. Unless, somehow, Paramount were to delay this a few more months.

I could be wrong though, and we could see a drastic improvement to Sonic’s final design after these changes have been made, but that’s the optimist in me trying to see the light. We’ll see come November or the second trailer.

#BotM

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

If this is true, then I hope they take as long as possible to make it look good.
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Well to there credit, the amount of attention and PR that has come from Sonic's horrible design and then them stating there actually going to fix might help the film if the next trailer is decent.

Sonic is trending #1 and has been, plus all the outlets covering the news. This sounds odd because while I am not interested in seeing the film I am pulling for them that the film isn't an absolute flop and is at the very least decent.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

At the very least though, no matter how this movie turns out, the director, Jeff Fowler has my utmost respect. He responded to the criticisms and complaints about Sonic’s design with incredible amounts of maturity and respect for both the fans and GA alike. That, if nothing else, is to be absolutely commended.

#BotM

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Well, if he's telling the truth.

I would not be surprised if was a half-hearted pr move that has no visible effect on the final product.
Resized Image