New Sonic movie in the works? Make it so.

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Re: New Sonic movie in the works? Make it so.

Post by Noble Saber »

Out of the Shadows is the better look, design wise, but they shaft Shredder hard in that film. He literally does nothing in the film, it's all Bebop and Rocksteady for the most part.
Last edited by Noble Saber on Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

In the Bay TMNT film, for me,

he reminds me of a bird of prey. Especially when he does that flap to expose the extra knives in his arms (from the pic above), which relates to the whole birds vs turtles predator and prey kinda thing.

I also liked how it incorporated both samurai aspects and this sharp look where when you look at him he just oozes "Shredder"

EDIT: I actually haven't seen OOTS as a whole yet, I have seen the scenes where Shredder gets Movie Megatron levels of shafted though, wasn't a big fan of that.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Thought I accidentally walked into a TMNT thread for a sec.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Honestly horrified anyone on the planet would like this design.

Only on Toho Kingdom.

Literally only on Toho Kingdom, every other forum I've seen has consistently responded with uniform revulsion at this abomination.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Ivo-goji wrote:Honestly horrified anyone on the planet would like this design.

Only on Toho Kingdom.

Literally only on Toho Kingdom, every other forum I've seen has consistently responded with uniform revulsion at this abomination.

I've been wanting to say this but just couldn't find a nice way to say it. And now I don't have to. Thanks, man!

I've just been admiring the conversations surrounding it on Twitter.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:From this?

To this?

I'll stick to my 2003 series please and thank you. That's also not getting started with how they suddenly make Raph (Who looks like a stereotypical tough guy and an recycled Slash reject) the leader. That's like making Mikey the serious one.
The difference between the 2003 series and the original comics is just as big. Pretty much anything that came after 1984 is Tmnt In name only.

The 2014 and 16 films still had the core of what makes tmnt. 4 brothers, turtles, splinter, April, Shredder, foot clan, ooze. Just because you don’t like someone’s designs doesn’t mean that particular version is a blemish on the franchise.
Last edited by GoWhaleTours on Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
GO GO GOJI KUN

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:From this?

To this?

I'll stick to my 2003 series please and thank you. That's also not getting started with how they suddenly make Raph (Who looks like a stereotypical tough guy and an recycled Slash reject) the leader. That's like making Mikey the serious one.
Raph's the leader because they're building up to Leo eventually becoming the leader and that would then lead to Raph and Leo's rivalry.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'd really like to know what the issues are with Sonics design lol, they're evolved enough so you still know who it is, but not overdone to the point of absurdity.

Where's the problem? Does he really need a Unieye with 2 pupils and Mickey Mouse gloves to appeal to people?

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

_JNavs_ wrote:I'd really like to know what the issues are with Sonics design lol, they're evolved enough so you still know who it is, but not overdone to the point of absurdity.

Where's the problem? Does he really need a Unieye with 2 pupils and Mickey Mouse gloves to appeal to people?
He 100% is overdone to the point of absurdity. His "fur" is a needlessly busy woodgrain texture that looks more like bumpy blue skin than anything else and draws attention to how heavily defined his freakish humanoid limbs are. His proportions are awful, his torso is too long and his legs look too small to stand on, giving him a hilariously awkward gait. If they'd just stuck with Sonic's regular proportions he would be much less unbalanced.

He absolutely needs gloves, no questions asked. Changing his eyes was equally nonsensical as every other design decision they've made in their effort to do a more "realistic" and less cartoony Sonic, because Sonic is a cartoon character.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Ivo-goji wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:I'd really like to know what the issues are with Sonics design lol, they're evolved enough so you still know who it is, but not overdone to the point of absurdity.

He 100% is overdone to the point of absurdity. His "fur" is a needlessly busy woodgrain texture that looks more like bumpy blue skin than anything else and draws attention to how heavily defined his freakish humanoid limbs are. His proportions are awful, his torso is too long and his legs look too small to stand on, giving him a hilariously awkward gait. If they'd just stuck with Sonic's regular proportions he would be much less unbalanced.

He absolutely needs gloves, no questions asked. Changing his eyes was equally nonsensical as every other design decision they've made in their effort to do a more "realistic" and less cartoony Sonic, because Sonic is a cartoon character.
To be fair it's not fur so much as it's hedgehog spines bc the whole Sonic The Hedgehog
He's underdone if anything, the textures aren't thorough in the design because it would make the whole thing look overly realistic.

He has proportionate arm to leg ratios lol, he's a track runner, they're normally janky and thin with long torsos, which normally help during track runs. I guess the legs could be longer but then you're just bordering the meme poster where he's on a bridge from a few months back with abnormally short arms.

His eyes are probably the best part of the redesign, plus he actually looks like a character who can emote properly
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

_JNavs_ wrote: To be fair it's not fur so much as it's hedgehog spines bc the whole Sonic The Hedgehog
Hedgehogs don't have spines on their arms and legs, which are covered in fur, and in Sonic's movie design look like human limbs spray painted blue.
He has proportionate arm to leg ratios lol, he's a track runner, they're normally janky and thin with long torsos, which normally help during track runs. I guess the legs could be longer but then you're just bordering the meme poster where he's on a bridge from a few months back with abnormally short arms.
I'm talking about the leaked images where his legs are clearly smaller than his head.
Resized Image

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Imagine if we had gotten a fully animated, big budget Sonic film in the same vain as this:

This:

Or this:

*Drools*. “Unleashed” Sonic, or Modern’s current design is literal perfection as far as Sonic goes, in my eyes. Like, I literally cannot think of a single fault nor sour spot in that design. As it stands with the movie, though, I honestly just need to see a trailer to see Sonic in motion, how his speed is portrayed, how his personality/attitude is handled, and how he interacts with real people and objects. I’m personally not offended by it (blasphemy I know).

If the action is on point, the comedy is genuinely funny and not cheap, Sonic’s personality is nailed, Eggman is well-portrayed, the CG looks good and the movie has heart, I can look past the design. Basically, if the movie is actually good, then I’m fine. I’m not all that hard to please when it comes to a lot of things in entertainment. The trailer will be the real teller.

#BotM

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Is Jim Carrey confirmed as Eggman? or is it just a rumor

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

_JNavs_ wrote:Is Jim Carrey confirmed as Eggman? or is it just a rumor
Yes, he's confirmed.
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Yep.
Looks like Sonic to me.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Spoiler:
That screenshot looks unfinished to me.
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Literally the same expression.
Resized Image

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

lol If you pained one of Dr. Seuss's Whos blue, you'd end up with this Sonic.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

_JNavs_ wrote:Yep.
Looks like Sonic to me.
Something's wrong then because that's not sonic.

One is sonic here and one is trying to he sonic, not a Sino but maybe a Shin Sonic.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image