Ultimate Spider-Man TV Series

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man

Postby Hellspawn28 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:30 am

The MTV Spider-Man series was okay, the CGI was pretty crappy though.
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod

Postby Wataru » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:53 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:The MTV Spider-Man series was okay, the CGI was pretty crappy though.

So was Stormhawks, DragonBooster, Action Man, Max Steel and Cubix, but they were all fun.
Wataru
TK's Comic Book God & Toy Guru
Sandy Frank dubs. All others are fail.

Founder of the Heathen Hall @ American Asatru Association

Wataru
Founding Director of the American Asatru Associaton

Favourite Kaiju: Gojira '89

Postby Hellspawn28 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:55 pm

Some new info, and sounds great so far. If its just as good as the new Avengers tv series then I might check it out.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/josh ... s/?a=24865
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:01 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Some new info, and sounds great so far. If its just as good as the new Avengers tv series then I might check it out.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/josh ... s/?a=24865

Did he just say that they had the entire Marvel Universe at their grasp? Holy skreeonking crap.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.
Gorosaurus Rex
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man TV Series

Postby Hellspawn28 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:18 pm

I hope so, we need a new Marvel animated universe since the one from the 90's had all the TV series put into one universe similar to the DCAU.
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod

Postby Battra2346 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:18 pm

I actually am looking forward to this.I did find the Ultimate Spider Man comics alright and what's being said by the ones working on the show make me really excited.I wouldn't mind if they use a bit of comic-book style cel shading and comic panels like the Ultimate Spider Man game did.I really hope this show has a bit of an arc based off the Ultimate Spider Man game.If it does,I don't want it to be altered too much.I want it nearly like the game's story.I wonder if it's gonna be in the more violent side like the Spider Man 2003 series on MTV.
It's a signature with words.What more can you want?
Battra2346
Interpol Agent

Postby Hellspawn28 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:23 pm

Its going to be on Disney XD, so I doubt its going to have a violent side.
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod

Postby Hotrod93 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:29 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Its going to be on Disney XD, so I doubt its going to have a violent side.

Oh god -__-

So pretty much they are going to nerf Venom and Carnage in this series.
Tyler wrote:$200 if I hump a car.

Hotrod93
JXSDF Technician

Geiger Counter

Postby o.supreme » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:42 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I hope so, we need a new Marvel animated universe since the one from the 90's had all the TV series put into one universe similar to the DCAU.

Wolverine & The X-Men & The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes are in the same universe. (same produciton team, also Logan's cameo in WWII with Captain America). Although these two shows seem to be more based on the original 616 Marvel Universe, whereas Spidey's new show suggests it will be based on the "Ultimates" version, somehow I doubt they will tie in, but you never know
Looking for Ebirah Horror of the Deep Intl. Dub(PAL VHS or DVD sourced from PAL VHS with original title card & Credits)
o.supreme
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby NSZ » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:04 pm

Hotrod93 wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Its going to be on Disney XD, so I doubt its going to have a violent side.

Oh god -__-

Seriously, Ultimate Spider-Man isn't kid friendly. Airing an adaptation of these comics on a children's network means the total nerfing of EVERYTHING from the source material. This is what I was afraid of when Disney bought Marvel. I HATE being right.
When the weak court death, they find it.

NSZ
Dragon Slayer

Geiger Counter

Favourite Kaiju: Trespasser

Postby Hellspawn28 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:46 pm

Hotrod93 wrote:

Oh god -__-

They did not water down Carnage and Venom that much in the 90's Fox kids series. Not to mention DBKai is on Nicktoons, and its still fine even though the edit jobs on the deaths are pretty bad sometimes.

Wolverine & The X-Men & The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes are in the same universe.

I believe Hulk vs. is part of the Wolverine & The X-Men universe as well since I remember they made references to the movie in the series.
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod

Postby gvamp » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:56 pm

Disney XD is geared toward teenage boys now so it's possible they could keep some themes from the comic.
optimum in mundi
Click this for me: http://rewardgalaxy.com/?ref=637260

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Geiger Counter

Postby Hellspawn28 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:04 pm

I believe they play Nartuo as well. I have no idea what type of edits they do with the series since I stop caring about the series years ago.
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod

Postby Hotrod93 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:05 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Hotrod93 wrote:

Oh god -__-

They did not water down Carnage and Venom that much in the 90's Fox kids series. Not to mention DBKai is on Nicktoons, and its still fine even though the edit jobs on the deaths are pretty bad sometimes.

Wolverine & The X-Men & The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes are in the same universe.

I believe Hulk vs. is part of the Wolverine & The X-Men universe as well since I remember they made references to the movie in the series.

But things were still different in the 90's compared to now. Even then real guns or thier sounds couldnt be used, Spiderman couldnt punch people, etc.

I really doubt they'll show Venom or Carnage absorbing the fluids out of people even if its insdie the suit or behind a wall only showing the shadows. I would much rather see this on a more Teen-Adult channel so then nothing would have to be nerfed. I mean its not like kids arent going to watch it anyways thats were people fail to see.
Tyler wrote:$200 if I hump a car.

Hotrod93
JXSDF Technician

Geiger Counter

Postby cloverfan98 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:47 am

As much as I LOVE the comic, I can't say I'm that happy about this show. We already had one of, if not the greatest superhero animated series ever with the Spectactular Spider Man, but that got dropped so they could make this show. My question to Marvel and Disney is this. Why should I care? You already showed us that if a show is not a run away sucsess with ratings or viewings, you will drop it without a second thought. So whats to prevent you from doing the same to this new series? You can't for the life of you stick with something through the rough spots that any series goes through. You proved this with Wolverine and the X-Men and The Spider Man film series. The SECOND that this new TV show does runs into trouble you will drop it without s second thought. Thanks Marvel.

cloverfan98
Site Staff

Geiger Counter

Postby Hellspawn28 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:52 pm

Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:18 pm

That doesn't really tell us much.

I still hate the Goblin design for Ultimate.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.
Gorosaurus Rex
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Battra2346 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:10 pm

Gorosaurus Rex wrote:That doesn't really tell us much.

I still hate the Goblin design for Ultimate.

The Hulk with fire on him.Not very original.I hope there's number parted saga based off the story of the Ultimate Spider Man game.
Battra2346
Interpol Agent

Postby Hellspawn28 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:21 pm

I never liked Ultimate Goblin. He was too bulky, and look like something from the Dragon Ball series. I hope they stick with the classic Gobin, like this:

Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:54 am

The Ultimate Goblin design can be seen on the poster given. Ugh, the more and more I think about it Spectacular did so many of the villains right. I miss that show so much.
Gorosaurus Rex
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Battra2346 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:16 pm

Gorosaurus Rex wrote:The Ultimate Goblin design can be seen on the poster given. Ugh, the more and more I think about it Spectacular did so many of the villains right. I miss that show so much.

And that show got Peter Parker/Spidey perfect.When Peter,he has problems and time problems as well,like in one of the season 2 episodes where his high-school had a criminology field trip and at the arrival,Shocker and the more powerful Enforcers were stealing tons of gold.And as Spidey,he's wisecracking and gives a good fight.
Battra2346
Interpol Agent

PreviousNext

Return to Media Center