Indiana Jones

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Pkmatrix
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: Indiana Jones

Postby Pkmatrix » Thu May 07, 2015 12:31 pm

I love the Indiana Jones series! These are some of my all-time favorites. ^_^

My ranking:

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
2. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
3. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
4. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

I don't hate Crystal Skull, BTW. It's a fine adventure movie, my issue is mainly that it just doesn't feel like the sort of adventure Indiana Jones would be on. I've seen fanedits of the movie that really improve it a lot, though, which helps. ^_^

I also look forward to seeing what they come up with for the fifth film. While I'd like Harrison Ford to come back and at least cameo as Old Indy (IMO, the best scenario would have him play Indy in bookend scenes/sequences set in the 1960s), I won't be THAT upset to see him replaced. Indiana Jones is more than the actor who played him, after all.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Tohosaurus » Thu May 07, 2015 8:36 pm

XxComablack1937xX wrote:I must be one of those minority people that actually don't like this series. An i actually tried to though, I have seen each movie but while none of them are bad i just don't get any real enjoyment from them. Kind of feel like i'm missing out on something.. Maybe one day i'll give them all another watch

I can understand that in a way. It's sort of like a blue jeans Bond franchise, if that makes any kind of sense. And I'd much prefer Bond and gadgets because.....I'm tacky like that.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

kamilleblu
G-Grasper

Postby kamilleblu » Thu May 07, 2015 10:02 pm

Isn't Chris Pratt rumored to be the next Indiana Jones?

Kubo
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Kubo » Fri May 08, 2015 7:39 am

There's a big push for it, but nothing is concrete just yet.

http://www.details.com/blogs/daily-deta ... umors.html
Your friendly neighborhood tailor (definitely not a spy)
Next Episode Airs August 4th @ 10:00 pm EST in the Fan Fiction Forum
NEW EPISODE OUT NOW!
New Episode Every Saturday!
Thread

Twitter: @Dead_Ed_Lemmik
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Fri May 08, 2015 9:43 am

Chris Pratt and Bradley Cooper seem to be the top fan picks to take over the role. Personally I think either of them would make a fantastic Indy.
Rocker, Dinosaur nut, Cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, of you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

DinoMaster
JXSDF Technician

Postby DinoMaster » Fri May 08, 2015 11:42 am

And let's be honest. Chris is probably a big enough nerd to not screw it up. I'd love to see Indy become a James Bond type character, with different faces all the time. There's plenty of treasures to find.

First one with him has to be Indiana Jones and the Hunt for Mjolner though.

TheSecondComing
EDF Soldier

Postby TheSecondComing » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:56 am

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4167

Gentlemen...Indiana Jones 5 is coming. July 19, 2019. Steven Spielberg is back! And in the role of Indiana Jones.......HARRISON FORD!

Geek mode activated this is awesome!
[img]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b376/Legionmaster/pWo.jpg[/img]

g2vd
Kwaidan

Postby g2vd » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:31 am

TheSecondComing wrote:http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4167

Gentlemen...Indiana Jones 5 is coming. July 19, 2019. Steven Spielberg is back! And in the role of Indiana Jones.......HARRISON FORD!

Geek mode activated this is awesome!

Oh come on! Really?! just really? how old is Harrison Ford going to be when 2019 comes along? I think like 76 Years old have some frigging dignity, at least Stallone realized it would be absolutely ridiculous if he assumed the role of Rambo again for a Rambo 6 and retired the character and at least the Terminator Series has slight justification. because Arnold is just the outside skin of the Terminator which is a super powered machine, so at least it makes some sense with this..this makes zero sense..absolutely none..and I don't care at all if it's Spielberg or Lucas, Michael Bay or even Boll.

Give your characters some dignity and leave them be don't resurrect them..I mean if this was a animated movie I would be completely 100% for it. Ghostbusters: The Video Game continued the original movies and it worked perfectly because you can do things in animation you can't do in Live Action, a major thing being creating a Harrison Ford drawing or model that's not 76 years old but the age he was when he made Indiana Jones..but of course it's going to be Live Action...could he even sling a whip at that age?

This is the furthest thing from awesome..
Godzilla

Mr. Xeno
EDF Soldier

Postby Mr. Xeno » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:51 am

Can't believe I'm about to say this, but I agree with g2vd. And I actually thought Crystal Skull was ok!

The only way this could work is if they do something like Creed did by using Ford's age to the story's advantage.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

Man of Steel
Futurian

Postby Man of Steel » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:02 am

Another Indiana Jones film?! With Harrison Ford and Spielberg?! YAY!
"Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. But I rather believe
that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every
moment - because they'll never come again."
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: Generations)

:godzilla: :gigan: :mechagodzilla: :spacegodzilla:
GO AND FOLLOW MY TUMBLR
http://trexgoesroar.tumblr.com

HayesAJones
Keizer

Postby HayesAJones » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:58 am

I wonder how Ford will get hurt filming this time.
"Nooooooooooooooo poop, Sherlock~."

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:09 am

I don't get why people have issues with aliens in the fourth movie. I mean how are ghosts that pop out of a box and melt people's faces any less far-fetched?
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

Man of Steel
Futurian

Postby Man of Steel » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:00 am

LegendZilla wrote:I don't get why people have issues with aliens in the fourth movie. I mean how are ghosts that pop out of a box and melt people's faces any less far-fetched?

I really liked Crystal Skull. I don't see people's problems with it either. :\ I thought it was fun.
"Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. But I rather believe
that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every

GO AND FOLLOW MY TUMBLR

TheSecondComing
EDF Soldier

Postby TheSecondComing » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:37 pm

Man of Steel wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:I don't get why people have issues with aliens in the fourth movie. I mean how are ghosts that pop out of a box and melt people's faces any less far-fetched?

I really liked Crystal Skull. I don't see people's problems with it either. :\ I thought it was fun.

Honestly, remove Mutt Williams and the movie would be a lot more appealing. Then you'd have no silly monkey-swinging, less exposition via arguments, and a generally more pleasant romp.

And I don't get hating on this because "huehuehue Ford is old." Spoiler alert: he was old coming back to play Han Solo too, and his arc was basically the emotional crux of that movie.

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Postby cmdmstudios » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:33 pm

So, with the news of Indy 5, what do you think our favorite Archaeologist/Professor is gonna look for this time?

I'm kinda hoping that he's looking for Excalibur and the final resting place of King Arthur.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:26 am

Fountain of Youth, so he can transform into a younger actor at the end and the story can continue without Ford.
Check out my YouTube channel CinemaGoji for all things kaiju!

g2vd
Kwaidan

Postby g2vd » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:11 am

TheSecondComing wrote:And I don't get hating on this because "huehuehue Ford is old." Spoiler alert: he was old coming back to play Han Solo too, and his arc was basically the emotional crux of that movie.

Yes, but here's the thing Solo really didn't do much in TFA he fired a blaster a few times and ran, him playing as Indiana Jones means he's going to be the main character and as we all know Indiana Jones movies generally have quite a bit of action and travel across the globe. it's just not possible for Ford at that age or anybody at that age to logically be able to do that it's insane and it's stupid.
Godzilla

Man of Steel
Futurian

Postby Man of Steel » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:01 am

TheSecondComing wrote:
Man of Steel wrote:

Honestly, remove Mutt Williams and the movie would be a lot more appealing. Then you'd have no silly monkey-swinging, less exposition via arguments, and a generally more pleasant romp.

And I don't get hating on this because "huehuehue Ford is old." Spoiler alert: he was old coming back to play Han Solo too, and his arc was basically the emotional crux of that movie.

I agree 100% about Mutt. He was the worst thing about Crystal Skull, but besides that, I really like the film. I don't get the whole 'Harrison is too old' thing either. Ugh. I'm really, really excited about the next film.

GO AND FOLLOW MY TUMBLR

TheSecondComing
EDF Soldier

Postby TheSecondComing » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:54 pm

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/india ... 201733969/

David Koepp (Jurassic Park 1+2, War of the Worlds, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) is the first of Spielberg's regulars to join him on this new adventure. Koepp will write more Spielberg regulars, Frank Marshall and Kathleen Kennedy, will produce.

2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby 2004Zilla » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:09 pm

g2vd wrote:it's just not possible for Ford at that age or anybody at that age to logically be able to do that it's insane and it's stupid.

I suppose the stuff like ripping hearts out of people while they're still alive and getting your face melted off by a demon witch is pretty logical, though.

They'll make it work.

Return to “Media Center”