The Avengers!

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Re: The Avengers!

Postby TokyoVigilante » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:51 am

I wish F4 could get sent home and be given better treatment. And I'd love to see Spider-man brought into the Marvel fold also, but he's gotten a decent treatment under Raimi and his High School Reboot sounds like it'll be at least entertaining.

I can understand why they're keeping X-Men rights, because that encompasses a ton of characters. And that's a lot of toys and more franchise material. It's a shame that they only need to make a film every couple years to keep the rights. Luckily for me, I don't like X-Men at all so it doesn't bother me. And I think X-Men wouldn't really add much to the Marvel Movieverse. However, I would love to see Wolverine fight The Hulk. I think everybody would like that.

KaneLocke wrote:Spider-man should have ALWAYS stayed a street level hero for the most part, like Daredevil. That is where his appeal was. He is just NOT important to the Avengers.

Quoted for the absolute complete and utter truth. Probably my biggest gripe with Marvel/Spider-Man in general is when he's thrown into grander scale stories then his character can allow for. Spider-man is strongest as a spunky kid cleanin' up New York and just sticks out like an utter sore-thumb when he's fighting alongside The Avengers in outer space on some planet. Which is why I enjoy Spider-man moreso as a film character then I do a comic book character.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury
User avatar
TokyoVigilante
EDF Soldier
 
Posts: 3360
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:10 pm
Location: Swashing Buckles

Re: The Avengers!

Postby Hellspawn28 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:08 am

I think the only issue with The Punisher in the Movieverse is that The Punisher rarely is part of any major Marvel story. Punisher and Captain America only fought like once IIRC?
User avatar
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod
 
Posts: 17939
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:06 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: The Avengers!

Postby mecha-gino » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:07 pm

Punisher had a part in WWH, Civil war, and I think Secret Invasion. And MAAAYBE Siege, if you count the frankencastle stuff.

I'm kind of dissapointed now that the skrulls aren't 100% confirmed for the movie, as I feel in order to do an EPIC team up you need to do what Bruce Timm's Justice League did.
A proud supporter of just leaving Alienhulk's opinions of films alone and a butthurt non-supporter of the man of steel topic who won't post there until it's merged with the other superman topic.
*awesome troll face*
U Mad
http://i48.tinypic.com/o9fsc1.jpg
User avatar
mecha-gino
EDF Soldier
 
Posts: 3850
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:58 am

Re: The Avengers!

Postby miguelnuva » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:32 am

spiderman beat thanos twice with the IG on.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

miguelnuva
E.S.P.Spy

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 5335
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: The Avengers!

Postby Hellspawn28 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:33 am

miguelnuva wrote:spiderman beat thanos twice with the IG on.


I don't remember that in the IG arc?
User avatar
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod
 
Posts: 17939
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:06 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: The Avengers!

Postby miguelnuva » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:09 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:spiderman beat thanos twice with the IG on.


I don't remember that in the IG arc?


it wasn't in that arc I have to go find that arc and then I'll post it here.

okay it was once but spidey went againts him twice

In the miniseries Avengers and the Inifinity Gauntlet, Thanos's attempts to assemble the Infinity Gauntlet were opposed by a group of Avengers consisting of Iron Man, Spider-Man, Hulk, Ms. Marvel, and Doctor Doom, his attack on the universe ending when Spider-Man acquired the Gauntlet and used it to undo Thanos's godhood (Simultaneously erasing the entire event from the memories of all but himself and Thanos, much to his slight annoyance at the idea that none of the other Avengers would know of the role he played in thwarting Thanos's schemes).

In a reality where Doctor Doom retained the power of the Beyonder, he acquired the Infinity Gems from the Elders of the Universe and used them to defeat the Celestials in a 407-year-long war before finally forsaking his power.[17]

In an alternate reality where the New Fantastic Four- consisting of Spider-Man, Hulk, Wolverine and Ghost Rider- stayed together after the deaths of the original FF, this team- with Iron Man replacing Ghost Rider- were the only heroes available to fight Thanos. Despite Iron Man's use of Negative Zone-enhanced Celestial armor, Thanos still easily defeated the team, separating Bruce Banner and the Hulk just to show that he could. Fortunately, Wolverine was able to trick Thanos into erasing Mephisto from existence before proceeding to cut Thanos's left arm- and therefore the Infinity Gauntlet- off after tricking him into lowering his guard. With Thanos powerless, Wolverine gave the Gauntlet to Spider-Man, the web-swinger using it to undo the events of Thanos's godhood.[18]

The Reed of Earth-616, in an attempt to 'solve everything' meets with a council of alternate-universe Reeds. Three of them wear Infinity Gauntlets, which only work in concert with their respective universes.[19]
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

miguelnuva
E.S.P.Spy

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 5335
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: The Avengers!

Postby Hellspawn28 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:23 pm

Avengers and the Inifinity Gauntlet is not canon. The 616 IG is stronger then the other versions of the IG, Thanos with the IG took down all of the Celestials and the rest of Marvel's comsic beings like Eternity. And that the 616 IG was proven to be stronger then the other versions of the IG in the Rune arc.
User avatar
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod
 
Posts: 17939
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:06 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: The Avengers!

Postby SuperSaiyan4Godzilla » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Avengers and the Inifinity Gauntlet is not canon. The 616 IG is stronger then the other versions of the IG, Thanos with the IG took down all of the Celestials and the rest of Marvel's comsic beings like Eternity. And that the 616 IG was proven to be stronger then the other versions of the IG in the Rune arc.


I would like evidence that the Infinity Gauntlet and Thanos are weaker outside of Earth-616.

THanos, in his own right, is pretty damn strong.
Even if the morrow is barren of promises,
Nothing shall forestall my return.

Like Toho Kingdom on Facebook!

Join the Facebook Toho Kingdom group!
User avatar
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla
Super Saurian
 
Posts: 3681
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:52 am
Location: Radiant Garden

Re: The Avengers!

Postby Hellspawn28 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:11 pm

Well the alternate IGs never shown anything greater that the 616 IG can do since two of the gems of the 616 IG where able to demonstrated multiversal power, and a incomplete Infinity Gauntlet was able to take down the Ultimate Nullifer in The Infinity War #5. The Ultimate Nullifer was able to re-create the multiverse when Reed use it against Abraxas afterall (The Same Abraxas that killed a million alternate Galactus's and Roma).
User avatar
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod
 
Posts: 17939
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:06 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: The Avengers!

Postby SuperSaiyan4Godzilla » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:25 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Well the alternate IGs never shown anything greater that the 616 IG can do since two of the gems of the 616 IG where able to demonstrated multiversal power, and a incomplete Infinity Gauntlet was able to take down the Ultimate Nullifer in The Infinity War #5. The Ultimate Nullifer was able to re-create the multiverse when Reed use it against Abraxas afterall (The Same Abraxas that killed a million alternate Galactus's and Roma).


Yeah...and I never read anything that the alternate IGs were weaker than the Mainstream one.
Even if the morrow is barren of promises,
Nothing shall forestall my return.

Like Toho Kingdom on Facebook!

Join the Facebook Toho Kingdom group!
User avatar
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla
Super Saurian
 
Posts: 3681
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:52 am
Location: Radiant Garden

Re: The Avengers!

Postby KaneLocke » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:03 pm

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Well the alternate IGs never shown anything greater that the 616 IG can do since two of the gems of the 616 IG where able to demonstrated multiversal power, and a incomplete Infinity Gauntlet was able to take down the Ultimate Nullifer in The Infinity War #5. The Ultimate Nullifer was able to re-create the multiverse when Reed use it against Abraxas afterall (The Same Abraxas that killed a million alternate Galactus's and Roma).


Yeah...and I never read anything that the alternate IGs were weaker than the Mainstream one.

I do, actually, recall that, or something similar.
Proud father, husband, and son.

http://www.gofundme.com/three-families#
User avatar
KaneLocke
EDF Soldier
 
Posts: 3062
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:42 pm
Location: LV-1204

Re: The Avengers!

Postby mecha-gino » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:22 pm

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Avengers and the Inifinity Gauntlet is not canon. The 616 IG is stronger then the other versions of the IG, Thanos with the IG took down all of the Celestials and the rest of Marvel's comsic beings like Eternity. And that the 616 IG was proven to be stronger then the other versions of the IG in the Rune arc.


I would like evidence that the Infinity Gauntlet and Thanos are weaker outside of Earth-616.

THanos, in his own right, is pretty damn strong.

Except when he takes on THE MOST POWERFUL BEINGS IN THE MARVEL UNIVERSE/MULTIVERSE... THE NYPD!


God, I love that image. XD
A proud supporter of just leaving Alienhulk's opinions of films alone and a butthurt non-supporter of the man of steel topic who won't post there until it's merged with the other superman topic.
*awesome troll face*
U Mad
http://i48.tinypic.com/o9fsc1.jpg
User avatar
mecha-gino
EDF Soldier
 
Posts: 3850
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:58 am

Re: The Avengers!

Postby Hellspawn28 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:15 am

Check out these awesome posters that where released on the web:





http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=27486

I almost thought these where real when I first saw them. I love the second one the most since it's more official looking.
User avatar
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod
 
Posts: 17939
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:06 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: The Avengers!

Postby Tyler » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:32 pm

Stark's robot arm pet needs to be in it. He got screwed out of Iron Man 2.

Tyler
Anung Un Rama

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 14397
Team: BPRD
Favourite Kaiju: Rodan
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:22 pm
Location: US-MS

Re: The Avengers!

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:07 pm

Awesome, but I dont think these are legit.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.
User avatar
Gorosaurus Rex
G-Force Lieutenant
 
Posts: 2974
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: The Savage Land

Re: The Avengers!

Postby Hellspawn28 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:13 pm

They are not legit, their fan made. If you click on the link there is a comment which leads to the person's devintart page.
User avatar
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod
 
Posts: 17939
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:06 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: The Avengers!

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:19 pm

Oh, haha. You presented them as the real thing. Gotta love them though. Pretty neat design.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.
User avatar
Gorosaurus Rex
G-Force Lieutenant
 
Posts: 2974
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: The Savage Land

Re: The Avengers!

Postby Hellspawn28 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:24 pm

I feel like posting them since I saw them eariler on the CBR forums, and I wanted to see what the people here think of them. I thought they where real at first until I notice that there was no Disney logo.
User avatar
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod
 
Posts: 17939
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:06 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: The Avengers!

Postby Showa Gyaos » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:57 pm

Bumped for Hellspawn28.

Showa Gyaos
Kwaidan

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 6833
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:06 pm
Location: West Virginia

Re: The Avengers!

Postby Hellspawn28 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:28 pm

Thanks for the bump and possible conpect art for the movie maybe? Warning since the images might have spoilers!

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Marv ... s/?a=30441

I think they are fake but they do look somewhat legit. I hear Marvel got the rights back from Fox and Newline of F4, Daredevil, and Blade. It might be a stand alone game but all of the characters look just their movie counterparts.
User avatar
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod
 
Posts: 17939
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:06 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: The Avengers!

Postby mecha-gino » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:43 pm

I doubt the big G will be in the movie, mainly because I recall an article a few months back about fox trying to get 3 directors for the FF.
A proud supporter of just leaving Alienhulk's opinions of films alone and a butthurt non-supporter of the man of steel topic who won't post there until it's merged with the other superman topic.
*awesome troll face*
U Mad
http://i48.tinypic.com/o9fsc1.jpg
User avatar
mecha-gino
EDF Soldier
 
Posts: 3850
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:58 am

PreviousNext

Return to Media Center

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users