Screw Attack's Death Battle

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Ultraman02
Samurai

Re: Screw Attack's Death Battle

Postby Ultraman02 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:11 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:So.....Kiryu's skreoonked then?

Most likely yes but who knows? Never underestimate the power of the research team.
In a super jet he comes
From a billion miles AWAY!
From a DISTANT PLANET LAND!
COMES OUR HERO,
U L T R A M A N !

" シュワッチ!"

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Postby Orichalcum » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:12 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:So.....Kiryu's skreoonked then?

For a fact, go back and rewatch the Kiryu movies, he’s pathetically fragile and his strongest weapon couldn’t hit the side of a barn if he were standing four inches away from it.
Last edited by Orichalcum on Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:34 pm

Kiryu took blows from Godzilla so he's fragile enough to battle Dragonzord. Dragonzord is my favorite Zord in power rangers but he has horrible combat feats. One second he's equal to Tyrannosaurus and the Next he over powers Megazord.

That being said if Godzilla couldn't put down Kiryu without a headshot, Dragonzord who has much less Firepower will have a hard time. Dragonzord should be faster but Kiryu has better offensive especially if they composite between the two movies.

I'm expecting Green Ranger to defeat Akane ultimately. But hey Death Battle loves to get poop wrong and then claim they are the be all end all of research.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

PopInPicsPresents
Kwaidan

Postby PopInPicsPresents » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:27 am

So Kiryu's basically gonna lose because of DB's cherry picking? Lovely. The short bit they released in their DB Podcast has Dragonzord totally beating Kiryu's poop. They don't scale weight and then have Dragonzord beating Kiryu all around like he doesn't weigh a fraction of what Kiryu did. Makes total sense.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.

Mama Birdon is bae

Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Postby Orichalcum » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:15 am

miguelnuva wrote:But hey Death Battle loses to get poop wrong and then claim they are the be all end all of research.

They’re a bunch of geeks running an entertainment YouTube channel, no one should be holding them to that level of respect.

Ultraman02
Samurai

Postby Ultraman02 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:31 am

Honestly hoping Kiryu wins.
Just to make me go "wow!"
In a super jet he comes
COMES OUR HERO,
U L T R A M A N !

" シュワッチ!"

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Postby Orichalcum » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:09 am

I still don’t understand how Godzilla beat Gamera, like did he absorb the Mana beam and grow bigger? What?

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:25 am

Orichalcum wrote:I still don’t understand how Godzilla beat Gamera, like did he absorb the Mana beam and grow bigger? What?

I think the radiation from the blast powered him up...which is wrong because Mana isn't radiation.

Ultraman02
Samurai

Postby Ultraman02 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:52 am

I thought it was because Godzilla saved up his energy? Gamera's ultimate attack was just ineffective against the sheer brute force of Godzillas massive body.
In a super jet he comes
COMES OUR HERO,
U L T R A M A N !

" シュワッチ!"

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:44 am

Orichalcum wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:But hey Death Battle loses to get poop wrong and then claim they are the be all end all of research.

They’re a bunch of geeks running an entertainment YouTube channel, no one should be holding them to that level of respect.

They hold themselves to that. You should have seen how they did the Goku vs Superman debates.

Shadow Area 1-0

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Postby Orichalcum » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:45 am

That’s fine if they do themselves but no one else should is what I’m saying.

They’re just geeks like us
Last edited by Orichalcum on Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ultraman02
Samurai

Postby Ultraman02 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:45 am

Yeah, I agree...
Still, Superman does beat Goku...
In a super jet he comes
COMES OUR HERO,
U L T R A M A N !

" シュワッチ!"

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:47 am

Ultraman02 wrote:Yeah, I agree...

Ultra instinct changes that unless they use one of the stronger Superman which they claim they didn't.

Shadow Area 1-0

Ultraman02
Samurai

Postby Ultraman02 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:57 am

miguelnuva wrote:

Ultra instinct changes that unless they use one of the stronger Superman which they claim they didn't.

Didn't Rebirth Superman one-shot the World Forger? Brother of the Monitor/Anti-Monitor? The guy that makes Universes for a living?
Ah, whatever. If you dig hard enough you can find a version of a character that is incredibly OP.
In a super jet he comes
COMES OUR HERO,
U L T R A M A N !

" シュワッチ!"

gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper

Postby gottatalktothefake » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:54 pm

Ultraman02 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:

Didn't Rebirth Superman one-shot the World Forger? Brother of the Monitor/Anti-Monitor? The guy that makes Universes for a living?
Ah, whatever. If you dig hard enough you can find a version of a character that is incredibly OP.

Yes, he also destroyed a 5 dimensional infinite planet made by Mister Pwhateverthehellhisnameis and survived the source wall that contains the multiverse collapsing in on him.

He has plenty of universal/multiversal feats in post-crisis. People ignore them for some reason though.

And before anyone accuses me of thinking this, he isn't infinite and I really wish DB never said that.
Last edited by gottatalktothefake on Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Smuggers wrote:How could Dougherty do this to us bros... he's defiling our beloved monsters right before our eyes, charging $15 a pop and getting millions in the process... I thought he was a trufan? I guess this was all some sick joke orchestrated by Thomas Tull for almost a decade...

Oh well. Guess I won't see the movie for myself and form my own opinion, I've basically already seen it in my mind from what I've read online and I know a lame duck when I see one. Time to whip out the 'ol 12 gauge

gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper

Postby gottatalktothefake » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:43 pm

double posting cause skreeonk it

prediction blog is out

https://g1dbteamblogs.blogspot.com/2019 ... rd-vs.html
Smuggers wrote:How could Dougherty do this to us bros... he's defiling our beloved monsters right before our eyes, charging $15 a pop and getting millions in the process... I thought he was a trufan? I guess this was all some sick joke orchestrated by Thomas Tull for almost a decade...

Oh well. Guess I won't see the movie for myself and form my own opinion, I've basically already seen it in my mind from what I've read online and I know a lame duck when I see one. Time to whip out the 'ol 12 gauge

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Postby Orichalcum » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:27 pm

I’d be shocked if Mechagodzilla won, Dragonzord just has so much going for it and Tommy’s a far superior pilot.

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:04 am

Orichalcum wrote:I’d be shocked if Mechagodzilla won, Dragonzord just has so much going for it and Tommy’s a far superior pilot.

Dragonzord has not firepower to put Kiryu down. Tommy is also not a good pilot at this point but could beat Akane in a fight. Green Ranger Tommy lost every fight he directly controlled Dragonzord in.

Shadow Area 1-0

gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper

Postby gottatalktothefake » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:10 am

Oh yeah, music

Added in 1 day 5 hours 3 minutes 32 seconds:
Spoiler:
Kiryu won

Greyshot151
Applebee's Manager

Postby Greyshot151 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:53 am

So watched the battle, pretty good to be honest. A lot of physical combat and the explanations, to be honest my favorite part, were pretty on point.

Spoiler:
Whlie I'm glad Kiryu won, it does kinda put in perspective his feats, specifically durability. Everyone makes note that Kiryu has the weakest durability, and while that may be true in the Godzilla universe, it doesn't hold true in others. Reminds me of their death battle with Hercule in DBZ. Sure, he is one of the weakest characters in the show, but take him out of that bubble and his feats become nothing to sneeze at.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Return to “Media Center”