Screw Attack's Death Battle

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper

Re: Screw Attack's Death Battle

Postby gottatalktothefake » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:31 pm

I agree with Ben 10 vs Green Lanturn

The researcher for the fight had 50 pages of info, including calculations and many figures on it.

It was mental watching him break down every counterargument on the podcast
Smuggers wrote:How could Dougherty do this to us bros... he's defiling our beloved monsters right before our eyes, charging $15 a pop and getting millions in the process... I thought he was a trufan? I guess this was all some sick joke orchestrated by Thomas Tull for almost a decade...

Oh well. Guess I won't see the movie for myself and form my own opinion, I've basically already seen it in my mind from what I've read online and I know a lame duck when I see one. Time to whip out the 'ol 12 gauge

MM Raids Again
Futurian

Postby MM Raids Again » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:43 pm

Ultraman02 wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:Yeah... "deadliest version" my ass. Showa MG would have been a MUCH more interesting choice for this, but whatever. They just handing a win over to Dragonzord.

Composite MG would be too easy of a win.
Every single MG is a definitive Godzilla killer.

MG is one of the few characters out there where it doesn't make sense to do a "composite" version of. Each one is so drastically different from the other. They legit chose the weakest of the batch to put up against Dragonzord. And to make it better, they're even focusing on MG being piloted by Akane, which means this will also become a Green Ranger vs. Akane situation.
Did you miss me?

gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper

Postby gottatalktothefake » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:48 pm

MM Raids Again wrote:
Ultraman02 wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:Yeah... "deadliest version" my ass. Showa MG would have been a MUCH more interesting choice for this, but whatever. They just handing a win over to Dragonzord.

Composite MG would be too easy of a win.
Every single MG is a definitive Godzilla killer.

MG is one of the few characters out there where it doesn't make sense to do a "composite" version of. Each one is so drastically different from the other. They legit chose the weakest of the batch to put up against Dragonzord. And to make it better, they're even focusing on MG being piloted by Akane, which means this will also become a Green Ranger vs. Akane situation.

Also to add to that they won’t even give him his biggest stats, which they did for dragonzord despite there being many contradictory sources for them
Smuggers wrote:How could Dougherty do this to us bros... he's defiling our beloved monsters right before our eyes, charging $15 a pop and getting millions in the process... I thought he was a trufan? I guess this was all some sick joke orchestrated by Thomas Tull for almost a decade...

Oh well. Guess I won't see the movie for myself and form my own opinion, I've basically already seen it in my mind from what I've read online and I know a lame duck when I see one. Time to whip out the 'ol 12 gauge

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:50 pm

I think they did Kiryu because he had the most in common with Dragonzord. But they still should have included comic and game feats because it's too one sided without them.

Ultraman02
Samurai

Postby Ultraman02 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:53 pm

Who would be a good opponent for Ultraman? Just asking.
In a super jet he comes
From a billion miles AWAY!
From a DISTANT PLANET LAND!
COMES OUR HERO,
U L T R A M A N !

" シュワッチ!"

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:59 pm

Ultraman02 wrote:Who would be a good opponent for Ultraman? Just asking.

Gamera,go with the whole "Godzilla's greatest rivals!" angle.

MM Raids Again
Futurian

Postby MM Raids Again » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:00 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:I think they did Kiryu because he had the most in common with Dragonzord. But they still should have included comic and game feats because it's too one sided without them.

How do you figure that? Dragonzord is based on MG and the only MG at the time of its creation was Showa.
Did you miss me?

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:02 pm

MM Raids Again wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:I think they did Kiryu because he had the most in common with Dragonzord. But they still should have included comic and game feats because it's too one sided without them.

How do you figure that? Dragonzord is based on MG and the only MG at the time of its creation was Showa.

IDK,he's the only one piloted by someone like DZ and both have proven to take down even the strongest monsters. But if anything,Kiryu is more similar to EVA-01

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:05 am

Watching the Death Battle Cast and they kept flip flopping on which Mechagodzilla they wanted to use.

So it wasn't like they just chose Kiryu right away.

SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:10 am

tyrantgoji wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:

IDK,he's the only one piloted by someone like DZ and both have proven to take down even the strongest monsters. But if anything,Kiryu is more similar to EVA-01

by this logic, wouldn't Heisei Mechagodzilla be a better choice? Multiple pilots like most Zords, killed Godzilla and Rodan, and as a bonus is from the same era.

Kiryu vs Eva-01 ain't half bad either.

Added in 1 minute 24 seconds:

kaiju wise, I'm thinking Eren Yaeger. person who turns into humanoid kaiju-esque creature to fight giant monsters but under a time limit, though that might be a bit too slow.

Other possibilities are a American hero famous for going giant and fighting monsters or another Japanese icon. Don't really know who, not as well versed in those as kaiju

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Postby Orichalcum » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:04 pm

Guyver Gigantic Exceed or Rogue Titan :shrug:
Last edited by Orichalcum on Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy

Postby _JNavs_ » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:17 pm

EVA-01.
Sith Apprentice.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Postby Orichalcum » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:21 pm

Who here wants to take bets?

Kiryu’s a literal joke so I put my money on Dragonzord stompin dat ass

SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:22 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:EVA-01.

oh yeah. The Evas do have a lot of intentional Ultra references, not to mention having enough crazy powers to keep it from being a curbstomp like the Titan one.

I say that's the best choice, then. Thanks, Jnavs

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy

Postby _JNavs_ » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:23 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:EVA-01.

oh yeah. The Evas do have a lot of intentional Ultra references, not to mention having enough crazy powers to keep it from being a curbstomp like the Titan one.

I say that's the best choice, then. Thanks, Jnavs

For sure, Plus they're agile enough to keep up with or even outdo the humanoid Ultras.

No problemo Soggy!
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Apprentice.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Postby Orichalcum » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:30 pm

The EVA’s are a terrible matchup for Ultraman, the whole motive they’d want to use is a hero (or villian) who turns into a giant.

There’s a reason why they used Kiryu against Dragonzord, both are robots with pilots- mechs.
Last edited by Orichalcum on Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper

Postby gottatalktothefake » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:53 pm

I just realized this is coming out on Jason David Frank's birthday. There is no way they are having Tommy lose on his birthday.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:09 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:

kaiju wise, I'm thinking Eren Yaeger. person who turns into humanoid kaiju-esque creature to fight giant monsters but under a time limit, though that might be a bit too slow.

Other possibilities are a American hero famous for going giant and fighting monsters or another Japanese icon. Don't really know who, not as well versed in those as kaiju

Eh, I've watched a few Ultraman things and a lot of those characters are very OP. In the shows they are powerful like Power Rangers, and in the movies they are like Dragon Ball Z characters but giants. I think someone like Zone Fighter, Mirror Man or similar heroes would fare better. Now, I'm still trying to figure out who King Kong should fight when they use him.
Last edited by Living Corpse on Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Postby Orichalcum » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:56 pm

gottatalktothefake wrote:I just realized this is coming out on Jason David Frank's birthday. There is no way they are having Tommy lose on his birthday.

Not to mention the Dragonzord is far more durable than fragile ass Kiryu…

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:02 pm

So.....Kiryu's skreoonked then?

Return to “Media Center”