Screw Attack's Death Battle

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Re: Screw Attack's Death Battle

Postby Living Corpse » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:33 pm

gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper

Postby gottatalktothefake » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:46 pm

Living Corpse wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCbCnAnCcTQ

I’m confused

They said in the episode that Kiryus the deadliest, but here they said they chose him because dragonzord stood the best chance of beating him
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smuggers wrote:How could Dougherty do this to us bros... he's defiling our beloved monsters right before our eyes, charging $15 a pop and getting millions in the process... I thought he was a trufan? I guess this was all some sick joke orchestrated by Thomas Tull for almost a decade...

Oh well. Guess I won't see the movie for myself and form my own opinion, I've basically already seen it in my mind from what I've read online and I know a lame duck when I see one. Time to whip out the 'ol 12 gauge

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:49 pm

gottatalktothefake wrote:
Living Corpse wrote: Vid

I’m confused

They said in the episode that Kiryus the deadliest, but here they said they chose him because dragonzord stood the best chance of beating him

I think DZ stood a better chance against Showa but just me.

Also,Kiryu is not deadliest. That goes to Anime.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:54 pm

One guy mentions Daimajin in the kaiju talk section, nice.

Greyshot151
Applebee's Manager

Postby Greyshot151 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:55 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote:
Living Corpse wrote: Vid

I’m confused

I think they are specifically pointing to the AZ canon. Showa and Heisei have some serious firepower, but not even the Anime Mechagodzilla can 1 shot ANY opponent in front of it.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:58 pm

Spoiler:
Godzilla can knock out Kiryu with his atomic breath twice but Dragonzord fighting mode's finisher connected and Kiryu doesn't go down.

Research my ass.

Love how these fights go down.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:07 pm

Greyshot151 wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m confused

I think they are specifically pointing to the AZ canon. Showa and Heisei have some serious firepower, but not even the Anime Mechagodzilla can 1 shot ANY opponent in front of it.

He's a glass cannon.

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:03 pm

miguelnuva wrote:
Spoiler:
Godzilla can knock out Kiryu with his atomic breath twice but Dragonzord fighting mode's finisher connected and Kiryu doesn't go down.

Research my ass.

The original Godzilla was in control, if Godzilla is pissed, Godzilla is pissed :lol: :P

Really though, I pretty much only watch these if Godzilla is involved, and I must say both times I've been pleased. Jolly good fights indeed, but like, of course Godzilla is gonna give anyone a run for their money.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper

Postby gottatalktothefake » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:36 pm

Kinda off-topic, but I don't get how anyone could genuinely like Power Rangers as an adult. I tried watching Mighty Morphin after the battle and I couldn't get into it. So I tried the season I personally grew up on and generally considered one of the top series by the online fandom, Dino Thunder. And I didn't get much out of that either. I guess how I could see how someone could like that one, but the original series not so much.
Smuggers wrote:How could Dougherty do this to us bros... he's defiling our beloved monsters right before our eyes, charging $15 a pop and getting millions in the process... I thought he was a trufan? I guess this was all some sick joke orchestrated by Thomas Tull for almost a decade...

Oh well. Guess I won't see the movie for myself and form my own opinion, I've basically already seen it in my mind from what I've read online and I know a lame duck when I see one. Time to whip out the 'ol 12 gauge

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Mr_Goji_and_Watch » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:40 pm

gottatalktothefake wrote:Kinda off-topic, but I don't get how anyone could genuinely like Power Rangers as an adult. I tried watching Mighty Morphin after the battle and I couldn't get into it. So I tried the season I personally grew up on and generally considered one of the top series by the online fandom, Dino Thunder. And I didn't get much out of that either. I guess how I could see how someone could like that one, but the original series not so much.

Maybe they like it same way we like Godzilla movies after the age of 12
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Postby Orichalcum » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:42 pm

I hate the human narrative of MMPR but the toku/Japanese footage is pretty dope
Last edited by Orichalcum on Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:38 am

gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper

Postby gottatalktothefake » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:54 pm

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Postby Rhedosaurus » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:41 am

miguelnuva wrote:
Spoiler:

Research my ass.

To be fair, you can be unrealible and yet still be quite durable. The Ki-61 Hien and the Ki-84 Hayate both had realibility issues, yet they were both very durable fighter planes due to their self-sealing fuel tanks and armor.

That being said. It is hard to fathom how Kiryu could work as well as he did after getting impaled by the Dragon drill/spear. Even if it wasn't enough to kill him, it surely would have enough to prevent the absolute zero cannon from working, since all the power would have been needed for far more important things.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:33 am

ROMG4
Interpol Agent

Postby ROMG4 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:24 pm

The weird thing about the death battle was they incorporated feats from the comics and the video games. However they didn't properly explain what they combined into him so you have Kiryu doing things that just seem off

Return to “Media Center”