What Music Are You Listening To?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: What Music Are You Listening To?

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Nice choice, Archduke, although "Blood Fire Death" is my preferred Bathory album.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

ArchdukeCaligula
Monsterland Worker

Post by ArchdukeCaligula »

Terasawa wrote:Nice choice, Archduke, although "Blood Fire Death" is my preferred Bathory album.
Blood Fire Death is decent. "Golden Walls of Heaven" is a slaughterhouse track(Even if it is Quorthon ripping off Hell Awaits despite claiming to hate Slayer, but that's another story.), "For All Those Who Died" is emotional rage in song form(Taken from a poetry book), and "Dies Irae" just massacres.

My favorite Bathory album is The Return....., but I flip flop between the s/t and it all the time.
HayesAJones wrote:
ArchdukeCaligula wrote:The Giant Behemoth(does that thing have a name)
He answers to Franklin.
JAGzilla wrote:^ What... the skreeonk… has gone wrong in your life that this level of hatred is directed at a cartoon three-year-old? :lol:

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

My favorite tracks on BFD are the first two. There has rarely ever been as epic an opening to a metal album.

I'm more of a death metal and grindcore guy when it comes to extreme metal. I'm not really into BM; Bathory's early stuff is an exception because of the strong thrash roots and especially the more polished production on their third and fourth records.
Last edited by Terasawa on Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Terasawa wrote:My favorite tracks on BFD are the first two. There has rarely ever been as epic an opening to a metal album.

I'm more of a death metal and grindcore guy when it comes to extreme metal. I'm not really into BM; Bathory's early stuff is an exception because of the strong thrash roots and especially the more polished production on their third and fourth records.
Not to stereotype you, but I wouldn’t/didn’t expect you to be into this type of music. I like it though!

Anyways, I’m listening to Balzac. A Japanese misfits type band, though they sound different. I might go to their upcoming concert in shibuya.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Not to stereotype you, but I wouldn’t/didn’t expect you to be into this type of music. I like it though!
I'm a musician so I like anything that tests my ability and expands my understanding of music. Classical, jazz, metal, progressive rock, etc. I really dig extreme metal because it's usually exceptionally technically challenging. I especially enjoy bands that push melody, harmony, and conventional song structures to their limits. It's anti-musical in a lot of ways but the key to good extreme music, IMO, is to push it far enough that you bend the rules without totally breaking them.
Last edited by Terasawa on Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Fair enough^^

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

gigan72 wrote:
Holy shit man.
My DA

ArchdukeCaligula
Monsterland Worker

HayesAJones wrote:
He answers to Franklin.
JAGzilla wrote:^ What... the skreeonk… has gone wrong in your life that this level of hatred is directed at a cartoon three-year-old? :lol:

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

gigan72 wrote:
Holy shit man.
My DA

Ultraman02
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ultraman02 »

I've been listening to a lot of progressive rock from my country.
In a super jet he comes
From a billion miles AWAY!
From a DISTANT PLANET LAND!
COMES OUR HERO,
U L T R A M A N !

" シュワッチ!"

ArchdukeCaligula
Monsterland Worker

Currently spinning my 1986 Combat Records pressing of Dark Angel's Darkness Descends
Anyone who says Master of Puppets was the best thrash album of 1986 has clearly never listened to this sonic onslaught of an album (Or Pleasure to Kill, Reign in Blood, Morbid Visions, Obsessed by Cruelty, Eternal Devastation, Death and Insanity, etc. Seriously, MoP is an overrated as fuck album). Don Doty's vocals are razor-sharp and full of hatred, and Gene Hoglan's ferocious, machine gun drumming is unparalleled. The riffs and solos on this album are faceripping and volatile. The bass is nasty and thudding. My favorite track is "Black Prophecies", but a close second is "The Burning of Sodom". Aspiring and veteran headbangers alike, I implore you check out this album(or relisten to it if you know it already).
HayesAJones wrote:
He answers to Franklin.

Ultraman02
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ultraman02 »

Didn't know there were a lot of metal fans on this site.
What got you guys into Metal? I never did because... I don't know, lol.
In a super jet he comes
From a billion miles AWAY!
From a DISTANT PLANET LAND!
COMES OUR HERO,
U L T R A M A N !

" シュワッチ!"

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

ArchdukeCaligula
Monsterland Worker

Ultraman02 wrote: What got you guys into Metal? I never did because... I don't know, lol.
Guitar Hero 3 introduced me to Iron Maiden, Metallica, and Slayer. I really liked "Number of the Beast" as a kid(especially because stock footage of Mothra vs Godzilla is in the music video). I became more interested in classic rock and prog from ages 13-15. When I was 16 I downloaded Spotify and made a generic metal playlist for playing Doom WADs to using band names I remembered and songs that the MIDIs in the original Doom games were based on. I started liking the music more and more from then on. I was told by friends in school that if I wanted heavier stuff that I needed to listen to garbage like Slipknot and Trivium. At the time I really liked bands Megadeth, Slayer, and Motörhead that were fast and punchy. From Slayer and Motörhead I found out about albums like Venom's Welcome to Hell and Sodom's Persecution Mania and thought they were like 20x heavier than the lame metalcore crap I was being recommended by my classmates.
From Venom I discovered Sodom's earlier albums, Slayer's earlier albums, Bathory, Hellhammer/Celtic Frost(my all time favorite, though I disliked them at first), Sarcofago, Kreator, Destruction, etc. and I was hooked. In my Senior Year of high school I discovered Morbid Angel, Bolt Thrower, Acid Bath, and Darkthrone and thought they were awesome, too. In my first year of college I started listening to a lot of lesser known thrash bands from the 80s as well as Doom Metal like Candlemass. I also discovered more New Wave and Post-Punk like The Smiths, The Cure, Echo and the Bunnymen, Depeche Mode, and Bauhaus.
My current listening is a blend of everything mentioned here(except the entry-level bands I started out with).
HayesAJones wrote:
He answers to Franklin.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

I've spent the last 45 minutes listening to the above plus Rainy Mood. It's an experience.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock