What Music Are You Listening To?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
TheRedKing1979
GPN Volunteer

Re: What Music Are You Listening To?

Post by TheRedKing1979 »

Ive been digging on Babymetal lately.

Along with some classic KoRN, and Nirvana
Member formerly known as wataru.
Proud American. Southerner. Centrist.
Godzilla vs Biollante (1989) is easily the best Godzilla movie, ever.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Been hitting the new They Might Be Giants album pretty hard lately. It's far from their best or most interesting album, but as long as they can turn out a catchy, upbeat tune with a chorus like "We die alone/We die afraid/We live in terror/We're naked and alone/And the grave is the loneliest place," I will continue to be on-board with them.

Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Last edited by Ivo-goji on Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

The Elevator Cars (from Trapped in the Sky) - Thunderbirds OST by Barry Gray
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!

2009MECHAGODZILLA
Futurian

Post by 2009MECHAGODZILLA »

I've discovered Isao Tomita and now I can't stop listening, I've been on a binge for the entire night

If anyone's wondering, I did discover him through the Prophecies of Nostradamus soundtrack
Last edited by 2009MECHAGODZILLA on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21114

Commission prices: https://www.deviantart.com/snake151/jou ... -848926845
"Disappointing! Re-watch the 1954 original. THAT is the correct form!!!"

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

WOOOOOOOOW.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

It's always the right time for some Slade.

Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

There's obviously no wrong way to listen to "Dance this Mess Around," but the close-ups of Cindy Wilson in this live performance really help to sell the genuine emotional oomph of the superficially silly song, making this one of the many, many right ways to listen to "Dance this Mess Around."

Last edited by eabaker on Tue May 22, 2018 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Admittedly, I'm listening to this through the walls, as my 4-year-old has had it on loop at full volume for over an hour...
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

This concert was one of a classical orchestra with typical instruments I see everyday in the practice room. However, the concert also featured throughout its sections singers not only in choir but in the jazz section as well in a combo of woodwinds, brass, percussion, piano and singing. Songs like I wanna be like you and L-O-V-E performed combos.
Repetition I found most prominent in the piece Song for my Father. Consistent beats from the percussion. No long phrases detectable as an audience member as the main melodies were forte and short. The trumpets and saxophones had these sort of parts in the piece. Again back to repetition in this piece I noted how towards the end the song goes back to the melody starting the song's first minutes. This is after divugling to some different tune in the middle of the piece. After its departure from the beginning's melody the song goes back to it from its middle section with seemless flow by the players.
When it came to interpretation my imagination was always coming up with whatever scenarios my mind accosiated with the song I was listening to. Particularly with the concert's first piece Down by the River to Pray the choir' singing brought to me a vivid image. One of two young people, merilly strolling through a field of delicate, waving tall grasses around them. The two people are having a conversation the girl insisting they go to a nearby stream to do their praying. I imagine several other of the towns people, all adorning fanciful old time suits and gowns, coming around to the edges of the river to join to pair in the serenic field to partake as a collective the the richeous activity of prayer.
This piece gave me a more moving sensation than compared to many of the lot of other pieces in the concert but the most striking emotionally to me were I think Shanedoah and Balllade. The explanation on the song's background as a dedication to someone who had died due to cancer was a moving review and I think prompted not only the players to garner our full abilities in playing the song but granted us a more attentive audience now fully as invested as we were in the song we played. Those songs and all others I think granted everyone a riveting and genuinely great musical experience. The concert was among the best I've ever attended and performed at. Now so of my favorite pieces were Armed Forces and Scarborough Fair as those were admittedley bias, some of the one I played abd I think very well along with my peers. The song A Song for my Father was however also among my favorites of the event. As much as I did enjoy all the variety of all the amazing performances that night had to offer, those three pieces were definitely the one's that stuck out to me amongst the rest of the the very hi mr.raman
Last edited by Gojira1604 on Thu May 24, 2018 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.